Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:49 am 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
keogh wrote:
Of course your going to have wins
But why bring those spuds like Mullett Shaw as ins
And OShea
All flanker types hey (hi bruce)
What I learnt is MLG and SOS
Are mates but who is the boss
That concerns me
Jobs for the boysie

You can see it from rose tinted glasses
About Cripps and Curnow who bust their arses
But your treading water in a rebuild
When you recruit mature spuds who just need to be killed
& bring nothing to the table
or add to our playing stable

As SOs said players mature at different rates
So how about finding some of those from your mates
Late bloomers from the other comps
Bush comps
Interstate comps
I much rather give someone a chance
For the first time than glance @
Mullet
OShea
Shaw turn it over you say
Stewart could be All Australian this year
Kelly is a gun mid dont you fear

Is this a @#$%&! poem? If so, it's quite good. If not - it's shite.

good point. i did a little editing. half rap half poem now

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

HTP wrote:
Reckon the Gold Coast list management is worth putting under the microscope, but sadly the media hasn’t told me who their list boss is. I expect that person’s next in the “hot seat”.

Gold Coast List Management Team are in a similar situation to us. There is practically a new team in place trying to sort out the mess they inherited.

Of course there is more media mileage in continuing to put Carlton under the hot seat than Gold Coast.

In the meantime around here we’ll continue to be two kinds of supporters:

- those supporters who have had the good fortune of having their dog kicked by SOS, and

- those supporters who haven’t.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 am 
Harry Vallence

Hey Keogh,

It was a joke, hence the wink.

They obviously don't see enough lower league games from your perspective. You should contact the club and offer to volunteer. You never know, you may unearth the next least worst list clogger.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

Ockham's Razor wrote:
Hey Keogh,

They obviously don't see enough lower league games from your perspective. You should contact the club and offer to volunteer. You never know, you may unearth the next least worst list clogger.

How many games do they see

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
Hey Keogh,

How many games do they see

I give up, how many?

What's the right number they should see, and which particular leagues? All games, each week, each league?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:22 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

kennyhunter wrote:
SOS also whinged when he did the radio rounds a few weeks ago about no other list manager having to front up like he was.
Has a bit of a point but ... he’s an AFL champion orchestrating an unprecedented list rebuild at a former competition powerhouse where he made his name and, for a number of reasons, it seems to casual observers (and some keen observers) to be at risk of going pear shaped.
These guys need to be accountable. To supporters if no one else. There’s not much more Bolts can cliche, sorry, say ...
Good on SOS for fronting but he needs to suck it up and “if they are all in this together”, everyone should be coming out to keep selling the message. This bloke could well determine the future of the Love of football waning thread.
Great he was feisty and thought he handled himself fairly well but could have answered a few questions better. He’s not a natural but seems to have improved in front of the cameras. Being so openly and consistently questioned this year would be new territory for him. And he was ultra defensive. Maybe could have focused more of the positives and the “wins” of his list rebuild.
The pressure is going to be immense on every deal he does this trade period.
Had Caro lined up over the henchman stuff but everyone knows he wields more power than he will ever admit.
Was good telly.

This.

Given the positive feedback on talkback today I'd like to think SOS might get a bit more confidence and willingness to do more media.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:25 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Oh and I hope people took note of his clear explanation that the likes of O'Shea and Mullett were brought in to help our young players in the VFL. They were never intended to play AFL.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
kennyhunter wrote:
SOS also whinged when he did the radio rounds a few weeks ago about no other list manager having to front up like he was.
Has a bit of a point but ... he’s an AFL champion orchestrating an unprecedented list rebuild at a former competition powerhouse where he made his name and, for a number of reasons, it seems to casual observers (and some keen observers) to be at risk of going pear shaped.
These guys need to be accountable. To supporters if no one else. There’s not much more Bolts can cliche, sorry, say ...
Good on SOS for fronting but he needs to suck it up and “if they are all in this together”, everyone should be coming out to keep selling the message. This bloke could well determine the future of the Love of football waning thread.
Great he was feisty and thought he handled himself fairly well but could have answered a few questions better. He’s not a natural but seems to have improved in front of the cameras. Being so openly and consistently questioned this year would be new territory for him. And he was ultra defensive. Maybe could have focused more of the positives and the “wins” of his list rebuild.
The pressure is going to be immense on every deal he does this trade period.
Had Caro lined up over the henchman stuff but everyone knows he wields more power than he will ever admit.
Was good telly.

This.

Given the positive feedback on talkback today I'd like to think SOS might get a bit more confidence and willingness to do more media.

As long as he keeps taking his angry pills...that was fun to watch :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rexy wrote:
Oh and I hope people took note of his clear explanation that the likes of O'Shea and Mullett were brought in to help our young players in the VFL. They were never intended to play AFL.

I was generally happy with SOS last night but not happy with the way he described the roles of these two players. It may be the case and fair enough, but imagine these two waking up this morning and reading that comment... imagine what other players are thinking? Unless their roles were communicated to them at the time of recruitment, every player needs to feel as if they have a genuine shot at best 22, even if they don't... all I'm saying is better to keep this stuff in house.

As Don Corleone says - never let anyone outside the family know what your thinking.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:46 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

DocSherrin III wrote:
keogh wrote:
Of course your going to have wins
But why those spuds like Mullett Shaw
And OShea
All flanker types
What I learnt is MLG and SOS
Are mates
That concerns me
Jobs for the boys

You can see it from rose tinted glasses
About Cripps and Curnow
But your treading water in a rebuild
When you recruit mature spuds
Who bring nothing to the table
In a playing sense

As SOs said players mature at different rates
So how about finding some of those
Late bloomers from the other comps
Bush
Interstate
I much rather give someone a chance
For the first time than watch
Mullet
OShea
Shaw turn it over
Stewart could be All Australian this year
Kelly is a gun mid

Is this a @#$%&! poem? If so, it's quite good. If not - it's shite.

:lol:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Does anyone
Know
How to change
Settings on
My phone
?

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hornet wrote:
Rexy wrote:

I was generally happy with SOS last night but not happy with the way he described the roles of these two players. It may be the case and fair enough, but imagine these two waking up this morning and reading that comment... imagine what other players are thinking? Unless their roles were communicated to them at the time of recruitment, every player needs to feel as if they have a genuine shot at best 22, even if they don't... all I'm saying is better to keep this stuff in house.

As Don Corleone says - never let anyone outside the family know what your thinking.

Players plucked off the scrapheap would be pretty realistic about where they stand I'd have thought regardless of what was conveyed to them by the club. I'm sure there would've been something along the lines of: "You may get opportunity at senior level depending on injuries and your form" as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I'm really glad Judd kept quiet about the one thing that could've caused everyone a lot of angst if it had been brought up last night. Silvagni did well to steer people away from the topic whenever they looked like getting close, and we came out of the whole ordeal relatively unscathed.

If you watch closely at the start you can actually see Silvagni whispering to Judd "whatever you do, do not mention Dasiy's hair".

Culture.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:57 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

keogh wrote:
BIBI01 wrote:
After tonight if anyone can't see what the plan was and still is, they will never get it, this is a marathon not a sprint .

I totaLly agree
But we are coming from such a long way due to the baffoons who
Ran the club prior to ML G took over
No stone should be left unturned in getting the right players
To the club
So far I’m am less than convinced even given the mess
Silvangi inherited

Fack the baffoons. They're cants.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:16 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Heavs wrote:
Does anyone
no
How too change
Setting's on
My phone
?

EFA

Rod Ashman

Loved it, shoved it up Caro and Dimwit.
Was he aggressive? My oath but what he said he reminded everyone of the facts, the reasoning and the opportunities that we took.
Personally I think he has done a very good job of trading and recruiting up until the last three we all have a beef with. Wrong type of players we needed.
He was right in many fronts last night. He doesn’t need to justify anything to the masses. They have explained the plan to the supporters/ members and that’s it. Like he said which other list manager does interviews to justify their picks, !@#$% off.
I love sos back home. He went away did his apprenticeship at the saints and giants then came home. Who gives a flier if he is mates with the pres if he does his job well then that has no bearing. If he is a great of the club then that is even better. He picked up Jack around sixty, so what. Bargain. Another stupid remark was if he gave him advice or something to that affect. Of course he gives him advice. A 300 game legend, father and recruiter might have some knowledge of the game and imparts some wisdom to his playing son. Why the !~@34 would you want someone like that to share his insight for any of your players.

I think he was great last night, defiant, accurate and full of spirit.
SOS is how Carlton was, !@#$ the rest.
Somehow we forgot the real Carlton but hopefully SOS is the one piece of the puzzle to bringing it back.

John Nicholls

Rexy wrote:

In particular I hope O'Shea and Mullett took note.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FWIW, most responses I’ve had today from non Carlton people have been overwhelmingly positive re SOS last night. Very little praise is thrown our way here.

Might be our last win for the year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:54 pm 
Craig Bradley

MPH78 wrote:
FWIW, most responses I’ve had today from non Carlton people have been overwhelmingly positive re SOS last night. Very little praise is thrown our way here.

Might be our last win for the year.

Yep, a lot of my non Blues mates very happy to see him stick it to Caro, as they’ve all been victims of one of her “my thources ...” fiction.
Oh except the Tiger fans who think we are all too hard on her because of her gender. Did try and point out how easy she has always been on the Tigers, especially when they were rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

Stumbled across the show chanel surfing. Rarely if ever watch it because there are 3 despisable people talking at me and Juddy, who could be doing so much better than playing in that sand pit.

SOS’s attack on Caro was worth the price of admission. His assides to Matt ‘Neymar’ Lloyd were on point and landed perfectly.

He called them both out for the BS they have been pushing and for that I was very happy.

Anyone who can make Caro sook up and be made to look like a laughing stock, has my vote.

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next