Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ColourMan wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Pretty awkward viewing, definitely saw a different side of SOS there.

Not sure he completely wiped the floor with the panel as others a re saying

Agree, he was also incredibly defensive

He seemed more interested in picking fights, settling personal scores

Clearly, he doesn't like criticism... we're bottom of the ladder, maybe winning 1 game for the whole year (which could be 1 win in our last 33 games?) so there will be criticism.

He has to get used to it... as he stated, he's responsible for the list.

If you wren't a fan of SOS before the interview, you should be now.

That wasn't defensive behaviour imo. The behaviour imo was explanatory: setting things straight!

Do you expect B grade footy journos to roll out lies and not be held to account? That's what happened...and that's where half our problems stem from...media headlines... some supporters take it as fact.

One of the best interviews ever.

He made Caro look like the liar she is, and Lloydy unprepared, and for what he is a sensationalist who gets things usually wrong. Headline head wanting to make a go in this industry.

No one had seen that side of SOS, but I'm sure Full Forwards remember that look.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
ColourMan wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
In SoS we trust.

Love the messiah complex...

It’s pretty clear from your recent posting history that SoS kicked your dog.

I’m interested in your reaction to his refutation of Caro’s (and your) assertions that he’s whispering in LoGiudice’s ear.

I never took much notice of particular posters so I just did.

Whose side are you on Colourman? I'm also interested in your assertions re MLG.

Did you know the plan when Bolts and SOS came in? The 66 game rebuild?
If you did, then you should have been prepared to whats coming.

Hawks rebuild snagged Buddy and Roughy and Lewis and Hodge etc back in 2002-3. They played in the GF in 2008 and pinched a win from an inaccurate Geelong. Their next shot at the flag was in 2012. Took 5 years with a lot of luck and 10 years with a plan in place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kennyhunter wrote:
SOS also whinged when he did the radio rounds a few weeks ago about no other list manager having to front up like he was.
Has a bit of a point but ... he’s an AFL champion orchestrating an unprecedented list rebuild at a former competition powerhouse where he made his name and, for a number of reasons, it seems to casual observers (and some keen observers) to be at risk of going pear shaped.
These guys need to be accountable. To supporters if no one else. There’s not much more Bolts can cliche, sorry, say ...
Good on SOS for fronting but he needs to suck it up and “if they are all in this together”, everyone should be coming out to keep selling the message. This bloke could well determine the future of the Love of football waning thread.
Great he was feisty and thought he handled himself fairly well but could have answered a few questions better. He’s not a natural but seems to have improved in front of the cameras. Being so openly and consistently questioned this year would be new territory for him. And he was ultra defensive. Maybe could have focused more of the positives and the “wins” of his list rebuild.
The pressure is going to be immense on every deal he does this trade period.
Had Caro lined up over the henchman stuff but everyone knows he wields more power than he will ever admit.
Was good telly.

Do they?

Tell me what you know. Otherwise you sound like Caro TBH.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:
there's two parts of SOS's job.

drafting & recruiting.

I think he's been excellent drafting - the best cfc has ever had, imo.

SOS's recruiting has been questionable. possibbly too much movement there? ridding the list of blokes like boek, buckley and replacing them with mullet and Oshea were mistakes. the latter two offer nothing, at least the former two offered some run and carry - an attribute our current list is well short of.

Is that your evidence to support your assumption?

Maybe its something to do with salary cap, or attitude, or try something new as it wasn't working.

You're talking about C grade players here, former and latter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ockham's Razor wrote:
SOS represented Carlton perfectly.

Since when does Carlton let the media dictate our agenda? Eddie doesn’t and would never allow the media to dictate the Pies agenda, why the @#$%&! should Carlton? Why should Caro & Lloyd be allowed to bully their way through our club unchallenged?

FFS even the Gold Coast president stands up for his club, right or wrong in an unwavering manner. The message it sends to players, members and those involved in the club is that publicly we support you.

There is a public message and a behind closed doors message - same theme, but delivered differently & for different purposes.

MLG & SOS are mates, so what.

They are both hard arsed high achievers and both want success. There’s ego’s etc but does anyone seriously think those involved at the club aren’t striving tirelessly for success?

Judd is a high achiever. He won’t allow his legacy to be tarnished by failure.

Behind closed doors there have been and continue to be serious, hard discussions and questioning of approach, performance and outcomes.

How many know the actual story behind Trigg’s departure? Easy to criticise from the cheap seats.

We have had more successes than busts in drafting / recruiting over the last 3 years. It is an imperfect multi faceted process.

SOS pointed out 5 trades where we have clearly come out well ahead. There are others where we have stuffed up, flower and shit stirrers focus on the stuff ups & ignore the successes.

He was at times defensive & aggressive, he was accurate. He’s not a media performer yet he performed well.

Lloyd’s comments at the end reinforced the commonly held view that he’s a cheap sniper.

Members have the right to question & seek answers but Caro & Lloyd don't have any right to peddle gossip & lies about our club. Blinkered cheap thinking needs to be called out for what it is & SOS did that.

On balance that interview was a win for Carlton.

OR

Thanks for some common sense OR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
We have another club legend whose doing another shit job

How is he doing a shit job?
Because we only have 1 win?

Surely this is a bit simplistic and narrow minded to not look at the whole picture. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just on the Isacc Smith story. My recollection is somewhat different.

Smith was playing for Redan in the Ballarat Football League (BFL) He was picked to play in an interleague, round robin style tournament for the BFL.

The competition was held in Canberra. Wayne Huges attended the competition as did Stephen Wells. Both spotted Smith. Wayne even called me to tell me about him. Said he was a jet. Wayne was hoping Smith would return to play only at Redan to keep him hidden, but alas I’m pretty sure it was Wells and a few others who encouraged Ballarat to make him a regular in their Vfl team.

The rest is history.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
Most glaring part of the whole interview for me was when asked who has improved under Bolton he struggled to come up with 3 names

I actually thought that question was a bit unfair, considering all the injuries we have and the players that are being asked to played outside their roles they are supposed to play and unsupported on field. But you still need to remember that player development is not linear as he stated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AIRCAV wrote:
Caro, just stop ok?

I’m reading about you “firing back at Carlton” after the drubbing you got Monday night.

Note: i haven’t listened to the clip on the 3AW app as I’d like to spare hearing your whiny voice so I’m relying on the quotes on the website.

“Silvagni accused Wilson of not returning a phone call over an article surrounding Steven Trigg's departure as chief executive.

She explained why on Tuesday night.

"I was angry," Wilson said on Sportsday.

"I felt the club had lied to me and certainly Mark LoGiudice had been less than honest with Steven Trigg."

You were angry????? You’re supposed to be a @#$%&! journalist! You made unsubstantiated allegations, and when one of the people involved in those allegations rang you to point out the facts, you didn’t because you were angry at one of the other people!

Retire now.

But of course, she then doubles down.

“She also dismissed suggestions from the Blues they "knew" they'd be this bad this season, given their list overhaul.

"I just don't buy that," she said.”

Soooo, you don’t buy it because you don’t believe it like you believed Sloan was coming home? Or were you angry ? Maybe miffed? A tad annoyed?

When did anyone at Carlton say that????

Go, just go

Thanks for being intelligent.

She is one big lying fool.
Like most, nearly all footy/ sports journos, they are just nuff nuffs and have chosen the wrong platform to vent ther frustrations.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Just further to complete the history lesson:

Excerpt from the 2010 AFL Draft:

Pick 18: Matthew Watson (Carlton)
Pick 19: Isaac Smith (Hawthorn)

:razz: :lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Next lesson for Wayne Hughes would be correctly identifying an F22 Lockheed Raptor from a Sopwith Camel.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
Most glaring part of the whole interview for me was when asked who has improved under Bolton he struggled to come up with 3 names

Why?

They're only kids. He explained that development isn't linear, and the kids haven't got enough support around them to play like AFL players. I understand that. Simples.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
Next lesson for Wayne Hughes would be correctly identifying an F22 Lockheed Raptor from a Sopwith Camel.

You're still a funny bastard Agro :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
AGRO wrote:

You're still a funny bastard Agro :thumbsup:

Some may say you are 1/2 right bondi. :thumbsup:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

You beat me to it Cazz.

Enjoy the Hot Chocolate

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Wojee wrote:
ColourMan wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
In SoS we trust.

I’m interested in your reaction to his refutation of Caro’s (and your) assertions that he’s whispering in LoGiudice’s ear.

Hawks rebuild snagged Buddy and Roughy and Lewis and Hodge etc back in 2002-3. They played in the GF in 2008 and pinched a win from an inaccurate Geelong. Their next shot at the flag was in 2012. Took 5 years with a lot of luck and 10 years with a plan in place.

I reckon that question could be asked of a few frequent posters Bondi.

Don't get me wrong - I've nothing against critical analysis and opinion, but when you read post after post from the same TCer(s) that is really nothing more than negative whinging you have to wonder why they bother.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

BigKev wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Wojee wrote:
ColourMan wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
In SoS we trust.

Don't get me wrong - I've nothing against critical analysis and opinion, but when you read post after post from the same TCer(s) that is really nothing more than negative whinging you have to wonder why they bother.

Trump theory

The more you say it, the more it becomes true

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

muzza wrote:
BigKev wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
In SoS we trust.

Trump theory

The more you say it, the more it becomes true
[/quote]

Attachment:
17499549_10207250323051228_3623709533132747861_n.jpg
17499549_10207250323051228_3623709533132747861_n.jpg [ 48.98 KiB | Viewed 5123 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9