Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:34 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Oh Dear :banghead: :donk: :hitcomputer:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

So I just got home from a night out, and the general vibe I’m getting is, that I shouldn’t watch the replay.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:43 pm 
Bruce Comben

Donstuie wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Meh.

I wasn’t directly involved but I let them know my disgust which made one of them want to fight me.

Etihad allocated “their bay” as general admin.

So they started yelling in people’s faces. Fellow Carlton supporters mind you in a very aggressive manner to get out of “their bay”

It was just very agresssive, ugly and unnecessary.

Ok maybe Etihad made a mistake but @#$%&! me.

So childish and ugly.

That's pretty [REDACTED], you should let the club know.

I haven't been impressed with our "Cheer Squad" for a long time either.

Yep, same.
Visually no good either, get out done by inter state squads.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Better off getting root canal surgery on your teeth Agro than watching that less painful

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
So I just got home from a night out...

You and the Saints.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Meh.

I wasn’t directly involved but I let them know my disgust which made one of them want to fight me.

Etihad allocated “their bay” as general admin.

So they started yelling in people’s faces. Fellow Carlton supporters mind you in a very aggressive manner to get out of “their bay”

It was just very agresssive, ugly and unnecessary.

Ok maybe Etihad made a mistake but @#$%&! me.

So childish and ugly.

That's pretty [REDACTED], you should let the club know.

I haven't been impressed with our "Cheer Squad" for a long time either.

We have a cheer squad?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ockham's Razor wrote:

Once we go beyond our best 18 players we are super thin on talent

Define “best”.

Define “our”.

“18 players” - what context?

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:00 am 
Bob Chitty

Just home from the game. I'm lost. I don't know what to say. I honestly entered tonight with confidence.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:02 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I thought the Fremantle game was ground zero, ever keen to prove me wrong the club keeps inventing ways to plumb new lows!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:04 am 
Laurie Kerr

Went to the game tonight and I must admit.. I don't enjoy going to watch Carlton play football anymore. It's much more enjoyable going with a few mates to watch their respective teams.

I'm hanging by a thread with this mob.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 am 
Ken Hunter

SackedByMack wrote:
Went to the game tonight and I must admit.. I don't enjoy going to watch Carlton play football anymore. It's much more enjoyable going with a few mates to watch their respective teams.

I'll be at the Suns/Blues match in two weeks' time, and looking forward to Carlton doubling their wins for the year that night. :wink:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:14 am 
Laurie Kerr

bluedog wrote:
SackedByMack wrote:

I'll be at the Suns/Blues match in two weeks' time, and looking forward to Carlton doubling their wins for the year that night. :wink:

I sincerely hope so. Supporters deserve better, there's nothing worse than spending your hard earned to watch pathetic performances like tonight's.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:15 am 
Geoff Southby

If Kreuz is out going forward, we’re down to the bare threads in the ruck with Phillips and De Koning also gone. Lobbe might end up getting a game Bradbury style

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:23 am 
Bob Chitty

Having watched in person the last two games I actually felt last week was a worse performance.
I felt tonight more guys had a go until the end and took the game on. Even though they often stuffed up. Senior players such a disappointment.
Every thing else was similarly bad as last week.
Much happier to see H than Levi.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:30 am 
Rod Ashman

Feel like a hero for going to Etihad and enduring that. Big K huge loss. Thomas dreadful. Stupid frees, sloppy disposal,ature party tricks. Shaw not AFL standard. Doubt about SOS's judgement when he brings O'Shea mulett and Shaw into the club. Not much positive. LOB not had Cripps a warrior. Harry McKay certainly has talent. Like to drop a few but no replacements. How many players do we have who can't kick a footy 20 metres to a teammate

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:47 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dominator_7 wrote:
If Kreuz is out going forward, we’re down to the bare threads in the ruck with Phillips and De Koning also gone. Lobbe might end up getting a game Bradbury style

nah, they'll throw Levi into the ruck from here out. although kruez will be back if he checks out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:11 am 
Garry Crane

Just my 2c after a very disappointing game

Bolts has a problem with player group confidence level, which manifests itself in poor disposal and lack of application. How many turnovers and poor decisions. If i see another grubber of a kick, i will explode.
Lack of depth when we have an injury problem really hurts us, obviously a lot of reliance on Kreuze with no real plan B
I feel for Cripps, what must he think, he shoulders so much, with not a lot of help. Shining light in the darkness.
Murphy is disappointing, not leading effectively. Other senior players, such as we have, are not leading the younger players.
Too much reliance on Charlie in recent weeks, with no plan B, he is trying his guts out. Why Harry was in the crowd last week is beyond me. Ok, he may need time, but the team is better off with him IN the team than not.
Rowe and Jones try, sort of, but they are not really up to standard
Then a whole lot of others with not a lot of experience, but they will need time.
As part of the mix, we heed a couple of mid career or later players to bolster the team. Hodge is a very late career example, but look at the impact he is having.
Why is Macca going?
Another wooden spoon I’m afraid.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:40 am 
Harry Vallence

Such a wretched year

Like the last 16 years, the previous two years were a false dawn. We were misled. Being competitive but not implementing a proactive game style has stunted our development. Close enough is good enough ain't going to cut it. You can see it with players like SPS and Weitering who look so timid. As supporters we have accepted mediocrity and will be stuck at the bottom until this losing mentality changes.

We are crying out for a circuit breaker to get out of this vicious cycle.

Unfortunately, I think it may be back to the drawing board. As a minimum get Barker out of the club. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

NTBlue wrote:
idle wrote:
Kreuzer: Shortness of breath and elevated heart rate. Have to ask, anxiety - panic attack?

Need to investigate if any Russian involvement with dodgy substances causing elevated heart rates for Marchbank and Kruezer in successive weeks.

Lasagne investigation. Someone trying to be helpful in the cafe?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:02 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ockham's Razor wrote:
Too many injuries across the season to too many key players

We are bereft of confidence

Over coached by the look of it. Bolts needs to reduce the micro management and let players enjoy playing

Once we go beyond our best 18 players we are super thin on talent

Shaw played - ffs, at least it wasn't in our navy blue jumper

And he isn't even close to our biggest issue

Not sure what's next, we are seriously underwhelming

OR I want so see how Bolts does next year. We lost Ratts when the injuries handicapped him. I agree he seems to over manage the players. When they arent't allowed to use their natural footy smarts it makes me so angry. Just let them play because we have nothing...literally nothing to lose anymore.
I can't tell if I like his game style yet due to enormous injury list. I do know I love the teams that play a fast attacking style and always loathed the old Rossy and Roosy super slow defensive style. We can't have a style I suppose until we have a better list and get key players back.
Medical and rehab staff must be overhauled. Geez. :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next