Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:15 am 
Bruce Doull

Crippa wrote:
Just home from the game. I'm lost.

Mind blown.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 am 
Rod Ashman

What's most disappointing is that we are so much worse than last year. Losing Doch and Gibbs has hurt a lot. Big K was near AA last year, injured often and struggling this year. Murphy injured most of the year. Loads of long term injuries to players in our best 25 - Pickett, Byrne Williamson macreadie marchbank etc . Young players going backwards - SPS weitering. Older players on downhill - Rowe Thomas Wright casboult . Shocking decisions on delisted players- bringing in O'Shea mullet Shaw. Gap fillers are gap fillers but other clubs have done way better with delisted players. Game plan seems to have fallen apart. And now we look tired and fragile. Poor pressure, diabolical disposal, static. How about we go quickly to space where forwards can lead to. Far less coherent than 2016/7.

It is hard to comprehend how far we have fallen. I hate the saints. I don't know how often I can keep turning up to games like last night. Let's hope we don't nail a jaksch whiley boekhurst deal with our #1 pick.

We need more stars. Remember the Dees swapped 2 for 9, got Tyson and Salem, gws got Josh Kelly. I have enough doubts on SOS. Don't let him squander picking up the new Judd or Franklin for a couple of okay players.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:24 am 
Bruce Doull

bluegirl72 wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
Too many injuries across the season to too many key players

We are bereft of confidence

Over coached by the look of it. Bolts needs to reduce the micro management and let players enjoy playing

Once we go beyond our best 18 players we are super thin on talent

Shaw played - ffs, at least it wasn't in our navy blue jumper

And he isn't even close to our biggest issue

Not sure what's next, we are seriously underwhelming

OR I want so see how Bolts does next year. We lost Ratts when the injuries handicapped him. I agree he seems to over manage the players. When they arent't allowed to use their natural footy smarts it makes me so angry. Just let them play because we have nothing...literally nothing to lose anymore.
I can't tell if I like his game style yet due to enormous injury list. I do know I love the teams that play a fast attacking style and always loathed the old Rossy and Roosy super slow defensive style. We can't have a style I suppose until we have a better list and get key players back.
Medical and rehab staff must be overhauled. Geez. :cry:

Same - If Bolts produces these same results with a full list, I'll join the chorus.

Until then, benefit of the doubt until our fitness and development is sorted out once and for all. Sick of this shit every year.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:26 am 
Ken Hunter

bluedog wrote:
SackedByMack wrote:
Went to the game tonight and I must admit.. I don't enjoy going to watch Carlton play football anymore. It's much more enjoyable going with a few mates to watch their respective teams.

I'm hanging by a thread with this mob.

I'll be at the Suns/Blues match in two weeks' time, and looking forward to Carlton doubling their wins for the year that night. :wink:

I will be at the game too, might see you there.
At least I will get away from the cold for a few days if nothing else.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:30 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Just home from the game. I'm lost.

Mind blown.

Someone changed the furniture around while he was out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:34 am 
Ken Hunter

Didn't go last night thankfully. I couldn't watch the second half, too painful.
When was the last time we finished a game with 4 fit players on the interchange bench?
Imagine if we didn't have Cripps.
Lost for words right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:35 am 
Craig Bradley

Saints brought intensity, physicality and mongrel to the game last night.

We bar a few, arrived with a bus load of passengers.

The scenes of a disheartened (@#$%&! all this) Cripps at the final siren worries me more than the final score...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 am 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:

Over coached by the look of it. Bolts needs to reduce the micro management and let players enjoy playing

OR I want so see how Bolts does next year. We lost Ratts when the injuries handicapped him. I agree he seems to over manage the players. When they arent't allowed to use their natural footy smarts it makes me so angry. Just let them play because we have nothing...literally nothing to lose anymore.
I can't tell if I like his game style yet due to enormous injury list. I do know I love the teams that play a fast attacking style and always loathed the old Rossy and Roosy super slow defensive style. We can't have a style I suppose until we have a better list and get key players back.

Same - If Bolts produces these same results with a full list, I'll join the chorus.

Until then, benefit of the doubt until our fitness and development is sorted out once and for all. Sick of this shit every year.

Agree Don. It's flowering painful but like you, Bolton needs one more year before we all call for his head

I still have this naive belief that internally, the club is waiting for the season to end, putting its eggs in the riches of this superdraft, a possible extraordinary PP, some FA deals already done verbally and change to the coaching panel

This naivety is all I can clutch at the moment

The two biggest reviews need to go into the coaching panel and the medical/fitness/performance depts
having said that, I'm also feeling more and more concerned that BB is always pushing shit uphill when he's fighting SOS and MLG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 am 
Bruce Doull

99prelim wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:

Agree Don. It's flowering painful but like you, Bolton needs one more year before we all call for his head

I still have this naive belief that internally, the club is waiting for the season to end, putting its eggs in the riches of this superdraft, a possible extraordinary PP, some FA deals already done verbally and change to the coaching panel

The two biggest reviews need to go into the coaching panel and the medical/fitness/performance depts
having said that, I'm also feeling more and more concerned that BB is always pushing shit uphill when he's fighting SOS and MLG

I agree with this, although I'm likely setting myself up for massive disappointment.

I also get the feeling players are being mothballed until the end of the season so they can go into preseason without further calamities. Bolts is probably as paranoid as us right now.

(I wouldn't even be surprised if the injury situation cost McKay his job)

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:58 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Back page of the Herald Sun. Big photo. Cripps leading the team off. Murphy somewhere up the back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:04 am 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:

I agree with this, although I'm likely setting myself up for massive disappointment.

I also get the feeling players are being mothballed until the end of the season so they can go into preseason without further calamities. Bolts is probably as paranoid as us right now.

(I wouldn't even be surprised if the injury situation cost McKay his job)

This is such a strange year. No talk of rumblings, all on the same page, all regurgitating the same narrative, a superdraft that beckons, possible PP, maybe even a charity low one, money in the warchest etc
The media are trying to needle the club but they're not taking the bait

Next year will either be a full blown lazarus year or BB sacked by round 11. Can't see anything in between

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Which gems are we mothballing?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:08 am 
Ken Hunter

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Back page of the Herald Sun. Big photo. Cripps leading the team off. Murphy somewhere up the back.

I think it's pretty clear that Murphy will not be captain next year.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:36 am 
Adrian Gallagher

There are so many leaks its hard to know which one to put your fist into first, lets tackle a few:
1. When did we decide that we were no longer going to spoil in the back half? Is this an issue because we are "zoning" and are constantly out of position or because our coaches don't correctly teach the fundamentals or both?
2. Why can't anyone stick a tackle? We always allow hands free, or forward progress or catch and release.
3. Why cant we play on?
4. Why cant we defend a stopage.
5. Why is Polson in our best 18???
6. Why are so few of our players inproving? No one is learning from their mistakes.
7. Why are so few of our players making an effort.
8. Why is the club saying we have the talent when blind freddie can see we dont....
9. Why are we saying we dont need a priority pick when we need 10 of them?
WTF, lets take a reality check..
I think we back Bolton and SOS, lets replace Makay with the best footy manager available get some new support around the key mangers. Pay Cripps $1.50m a year and make him captain and drag our sorry arses out of this shole..
CB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:39 am 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:

It's an excuse for 5-6 wins, not one. I don't want to think about this next year. Make the change. What is happening out there is more than injuries. There still should be some structure and the look of a game plan. While the bottom 6-8 stink it up the players at the top end we picked are good enough to be alot more competitive that what they were.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:12 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluegirl72 wrote:
We can't have a style I suppose until we have a better list and get key players back.

nothing could be further from the truth, BG. you can play a system and impart that on your players with an U16 team.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:34 am 
Ken Hands

We talk about getting top free agents but who would want to come here now after watching the last couple of weeks especially , we MUST sign Crippa or we will be in the wilderness for years , without him on board we have no hope of getting anyone , I'm sure people like Gaff are watching and waiting to see what Cripps does before even looking at us

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Can I suggest that training this week every one is only allowed to kick with their "other" foot

If I see one more banana improvised kick not hit target I feel a trip to bunnings for a length of rope is in order - I already have the rickety chair lined up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

GMCbris wrote:
Can I suggest that training this week every one is only allowed to kick with their "other" foot

If I see one more banana improvised kick not hit target I feel a trip to bunnings for a length of rope is in order - I already have the rickety chair lined up.
Agree 1000%

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

Anyhow,Harry in a few short glimpse showed he belongs.Must persevere.Crippa as usual.We have no hope of getting anyone into the club until Cripps signs.Anyone who is thinking about coming our way will wait to see what Cripps does.Must sign him sooner than later and for a minimum 5 years.Gonna cost us HUGE coin but we will be just about be out of business without this guy.And Captaincy to go with it.Cripps is respected by all the guns of the comp,a loose running half back like Docherty is not.Do it now Blues,don't prolong the agony.The longer you put it off,the harder it is.Cruel to Murphy,but kind all round.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next