Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:20 pm 
Bruce Comben

Since we got fined for the breaches, and what exactly were they ( I have the general gist but was living in Sydney at the time) What have other clubs ie Sydney, Hawthorn etc received to help them out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

gasbill wrote:
Since we got fined for the breaches, and what exactly were they ( I have the general gist but was living in Sydney at the time) What have other clubs ie Sydney, Hawthorn etc received to help them out

That's some big questions there Gasbill.
No disrespect but I think Google might be the way to go this time. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 pm 
Bruce Comben

BigKev wrote:
gasbill wrote:

That's some big questions there Gasbill.
No disrespect but I think Google might be the way to go this time. :thumbsup:

Yeah, fair enough....I thought maybe someone could surmise but I guess I’m asking for a lot of info.
Primarily it’s to deal with smarmy Swans fans. They s#*t me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

gasbill wrote:

COLA cost of living allowance would be the main one. Swans Academy, which is obviously good for junior football in that state, is fine in principle as long as they didn’t get Isaac Heeney at pick?10? 3? Etc I can’t remember pick number. Pay market rates.

Look, many clubs have been given loopholes by the AFL... but it is whether or not you seize those loopholes. In a way, you can’t blame the Swans for taking advantage of what gifts the AFL gave them.

They had management eg Richard Colless who was strong willed and stood up to other clubs... further extending COLA. In contrast,Carlton’sCEOs mgt etc don’t want to make waves. Why aren’t they criticising equalisation club dividend for example?

In the Swans’ credit, 2012 gfinal one of the best in modern era. Beating Hawthorn in a gfinal is a major achievement. Not many clubs get to do it. Hawthorn has a very high success rate in finals.