Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 55  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:20 pm 
John Nicholls

Have them how? Under what mechanism have they locked them away? If they are playing state league and are not yet on an AFL list, then surely they can be selected by us with our pick. Even if the AFL decides GC can pick first, surely they don't get their 1st pick before ours - we finished below them FFS!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

I have to agree. The only thing they could be eluding to is that maybe both GC and Carlton are talking to each other about who they are going to pick. This still doesn't explain why we only have access to 2 players and not 3.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sidefx wrote:
I have to agree. The only thing they could be eluding to is that maybe both GC and Carlton are talking to each other about who they are going to pick. This still doesn't explain why we only have access to 2 players and not 3.

My guess, is that the AFL has brokered a deal to get MM to us from the crows

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I do know that GC had wind of this in early July - which is when I posted the original rumour about there being no Priorty Picks, but rather priorty access to State League players.

Refer to page 6 of this thread - July 19.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

Last edited by AGRO on Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
I do know that GC had wind of this in early July - which is when I posted the original rumour about there being no Priorty Picks, but rather priorty access to State League players.

So if you knew, GC knew then Carlton obviously knew. So why the @#$% did the AFL make us apply for a PP?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Probably because they’re a bunch of see you next “insert correct day of the week here”.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:06 pm 
Wayne Johnston

AGRO wrote:
Probably because they’re a bunch of see you next “insert correct day of the week here”.

Is it Thursday tomorrow :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sidefx wrote:
AGRO wrote:

So if you knew, GC knew then Carlton obviously knew. So why the @#$% did the AFL make us apply for a PP?

Exactly. They made us look flowering incompetent again and this time we were doing the right thing. amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

robertbb wrote:
Have them how? Under what mechanism have they locked them away? If they are playing state league and are not yet on an AFL list, then surely they can be selected by us with our pick. Even if the AFL decides GC can pick first, surely they don't get their 1st pick before ours - we finished below them FFS!

I don't think there are picks involved in this.

I think it just works like a delisted free agent type scenario. First come, first serve with who you can get to sign a contract with you. No draft to be held.

Don't quote me on this though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Nick wrote:
robertbb wrote:

I don't think there are picks involved in this.

I think it just works like a delisted free agent type scenario. First come, first serve with who you can get to sign a contract with you. No draft to be held.

Don't quote me on this though.

Yep, and the Gold Coast already have them signed and sealed.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Screwed again by the AFL.

Watch the priority picks given out next year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I’ve been told that St Kilda and Brisbane were the biggest whingers and sooks to the AFL about giving Gold Coast and Carlton priorty picks.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:55 pm 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
I’ve been told that St Kilda and Brisbane were the biggest whingers and sooks to the AFL about giving Gold Coast and Carlton priorty picks.

Yep !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:34 am 
Ken Hunter

BigBlueWave wrote:

Is the main concern that people have, that we didn't get a PP, or the fact that other teams have received them in the past?

Personally, I'm not a fan of PPs being issued simply because a team has recruited or performed poorly.

But I can understand people's concerns regarding the inconsistency of their allocation.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:46 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluedog wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

Is the main concern that people have, that we didn't get a PP, or the fact that other teams have received them in the past?

Personally, I'm not a fan of PPs being issued simply because a team has recruited or performed poorly.

But I can understand people's concerns regarding the inconsistency of their allocation.

They were talking about it on the couch how incredible it was that we and GCS didn't get one.
The press will be all over the AFL now they have had their say re: us and GCS.
Watch them come back into vogue next year.

No point whingeing. Lets just do it ourselves and when we make it, that will be the time to make a statement.
Stephen Kernahan said it best...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:01 pm 
Robert Walls

Making it up as we go, or in AFLese “tweak the mechanics”.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-27/sta ... -and-blues

“Gold Coast put forward the plan”

That’s like when I put forward the plan to myself to have corn flakes for breakfast and then agreed with myself. My wife didn’t want them but forced her to eat it and then thank me for making her eat them.

“This has caused some discontent among clubs”

Sorry to hurt your feelings Chris. Maybe get Gerard to sook it up with you on 360 about how unfair life is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:14 pm 
John Nicholls

So you can't have a PP, but you can have access to state league players. Gold Coast (who finished higher than you) gets 3 picks you get two. Because.

Oh, and the players can't be the following: Player A, Player B, Player C, Player D.

Don't say we don't look after you!!

I @#$%&! hate the AFL commission. With a passion. Bunch of Hawk$ and * loving self appointed kings without a shred of honesty among them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:18 pm 
Robert Walls

robertbb wrote:
So you can't have a PP, but you can have access to state league players. Gold Coast (who finished higher than you) gets 3 picks you get two. Because.

Oh, and the players can't be the following: Player A, Player B, Player C, Player D.

Don't say we don't look after you!!

I @#$%&! hate the AFL commission. With a passion. Bunch of Hawk$ and * loving self appointed kings without a shred of honesty among them.

Always good to remember how they bent over backwards for the scum with access to state league players after their drug bans. Better to be drug cheats than shit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just saw the further tweak to this to ensure that we don't really get much benefit from it in latest AFL statement re Kieren Briggs etc being not included under the concessions what a surprise

Yes you can have priority pick nah other clubs not happy

Yes you can list mature aged listed players -nah should clarify other clubs not happy -need to reduce scope of concession 2 days after announcing I call BULLTISH

DISGRACEFUL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 55  Next