Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 55  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:57 pm 
John Nicholls

bluegirl72 wrote:
apparently we are getting pre-draft picks for mature talent .that is the news from T. Wallace.
announced monday I think he said.

As in, state league?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

That’s not something we’d be rapt about though.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:07 pm 
John Nicholls

I call BS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/20/ ... s-wallace/
Quote:
Hawthorn great Terry Wallace has revealed that the AFL Commission will allow struggling clubs priority access to the best talent outside the AFL system prior to the draft.

SEN Time On host Sam McClure reported last month that both Carlton and Gold Coast could potentially be granted first access to two state players each at this year’s draft.

Wallace says that an announcement could be made as early as next Monday.

Quote:
“The AFL Commission meet next Monday and most of that is surrounding the priority pick,” Wallace told SEN Afternoons.

“Who’s going to get them, and where is it going to land, that’s what the commission are meeting about.

GIVEN PRIORITY ACCESS TO STATE LEVEL TALENT: MCCLURE

“I have a good feeling that we will find out from the AFL Commission on Monday that they will allow the lower clubs first up ability to pick these guys who are outside the system prior to the National Draft.

“I thought it would be after the National Draft, but I’m now hearing that the AFL may allow these clubs a bunk up – I don’t know if it’s four, six, eight, I’ve got no idea how many – but I’m hearing that they’re going to allow them to have first crack at this talent.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:48 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bluegirl72 wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/20/struggling-clubs-to-get-priority-access-wallace/
Quote:
Hawthorn great Terry Wallace has revealed that the AFL Commission will allow struggling clubs priority access to the best talent outside the AFL system prior to the draft.

SEN Time On host Sam McClure reported last month that both Carlton and Gold Coast could potentially be granted first access to two state players each at this year’s draft.

Quote:
“The AFL Commission meet next Monday and most of that is surrounding the priority pick,” Wallace told SEN Afternoons.

“Who’s going to get them, and where is it going to land, that’s what the commission are meeting about.

“I have a good feeling that we will find out from the AFL Commission on Monday that they will allow the lower clubs first up ability to pick these guys who are outside the system prior to the National Draft.

“I thought it would be after the National Draft, but I’m now hearing that the AFL may allow these clubs a bunk up – I don’t know if it’s four, six, eight, I’ve got no idea how many – but I’m hearing that they’re going to allow them to have first crack at this talent.”

I’d say there’s a good reason these guys are “outside the system” such that no one would bother recruiting them until either their last ND pick or wait until the PSD. They may as well give us an extra 2 picks at the end of the ND.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

sinbagger wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/20/struggling-clubs-to-get-priority-access-wallace/
Quote:

Quote:

I’d say there’s a good reason these guys are “outside the system” such that no one would bother recruiting them until either their last ND pick or wait until the PSD. They may as well give us an extra 2 picks at the end of the ND.
If we could get the picks back for Boekhurst and Rowe, I would be happy

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

ryan2000 wrote:
Rocky Henderson wrote:
bmaurizio wrote:
If the BF news is good is accurate, mentioned by a respected & reliable poster , our PP will be an early one.

How early?....

Quite a few people are saying it's very early........ like, after ours and GC's 1st pick.

TBH - i doubt that very much. It's all just rumours at the moment.
I doubt it too.

I can see it as a possibility though if the AFL REALLY want to help GCS, Lions and Lethlean... sorry, Saints.

Cheers

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

Apparently Caroline Wilson was on Adelaide radio today and said she believes Carlton will not be getting a PP now. Both us and GC can get access to a state league player before the draft. She says that GC will get a PP at the end of the first round.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

She’s reporting what she wants to happen

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Zero chance Caroline

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
There may be no priority picks at all this year - “Maky Uppy HQ” are considering another measure to assist the bottom 3 or 4 clubs. Involving pre-listing the best young players in the Senior State Leagues.

Hate to blow my own trumpet but hey - toot toot!!!

I broke the story way before Sam McLure and Caroline Wilson.

:thumbsup:

Gold Coast already have their players locked away, unfortunately I don’t have that info.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

So how does access to state players help us

Pointless exercise which will appeal to the masses

We are so irrelevant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

I have listened to the interview.
She basically said that other clubs, including CEO's were against us getting any help because we chose to give away senior players.
Sounds like we can forget about any real assistance.
She also thinks that GC may get a PP at the end of the first round.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Shes right. But @#$%&! em.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

kezza wrote:
She basically said that other clubs, including CEO's were against us getting any help because we chose to give away senior players.

If that's the reason it would be pretty hard to argue against. I ask myself how I'd feel if Hawthorn shredded their list, finished last and put their hand out and I reckon i'd say '@#$%&! you!'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Duke wrote:
kezza wrote:

If that's the reason it would be pretty hard to argue against. I ask myself how I'd feel if Hawthorn shredded their list, finished last and put their hand out and I reckon i'd say '@#$%&! you!'

I thought the whole point of a PP was to allocate to those clubs that are extremely poor for an extended period. We definitely fit that criteria. We had no choice but to strip the list back anyway. And we will continue being ordinary for a while yet. There is no logic as to how the AFL allocates the PP.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

WOW wrote:
The Duke wrote:
kezza wrote:

I thought the whole point of a PP was to allocate to those clubs that are extremely poor for an extended period. We definitely fit that criteria. We had no choice but to strip the list back anyway. And we will continue being ordinary for a while yet. There is no logic as to how the AFL allocates the PP.

Some would argue it was self-inflicted. To be honest, I don't think I want the PP. I want to shove it up the AFL without a hand-out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:36 am 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:
I call BS.

You rang?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:00 am 
Stephen Kernahan

And yet you can hand out drugs, have half your playing list disqualified, and be rewarded with pick 1 in the draft.
Sounds logical to me.
Self inflicted? Nah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:18 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
And yet you can hand out drugs, have half your playing list disqualified, and be rewarded with pick 1 in the draft.
Sounds logical to me.
Self inflicted? Nah

That wasn’t a priority pick though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 55  Next