Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 55  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Matthewzac wrote:
I always enjoy listening to the Carlton Show on SEN. Towards the end of the latest podcast (Ep 15)Andy Maher shares some inside information re PP & Carlton and his view on it all. A good listen. Cheers.

I smell a PP rule change on the AFL agenda.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 am 
formerly King Kenny

Mickstar wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Fascinating viewing watching On The Couch.

One thing I found fascinating was what Dangerfield was willing to talk about.

eg topic was increasing the age of the under 18 comp to 20 years..... Dangerfield obviously not interested in any reform to the AFL that could assist bottom clubs and went off on a weird tangent that had no relevance to the conversation about player retirements and how players need more assistance with retirement. This guy is out of his depth. Is he on drugs?

Then they let Nathan Jones talk (who I have new found admiration for based on his commentary) and Dangerfield again went off on a weird tangent. This time about the stigma of Carlton getting an extra draft pick. You could tell this guy has no respect for our club....and yet he represents the AFLPA...weird, just weird.

Anyway Jones mentioned the 12 year rebuild Melbourne has been in.

-Nathan jones” I find it quite bizarre that Carlton have come out so strongly and said they don’t want a priority pick. If I was at Carlton 100% I want a priority pick from all my experience I would want every bit of help when you’re in a position like that to give yourself a chance to get back up the ladder."

Wow!, just wow...I have more admiration for him than any of the people on Carlton's board. He knows what it is like to live through a team being shite for year on end. Carlton's Board&CEO- all should be sacked if they don't think Carlton should even ask for a priority pick. Put the pressure back on the Leninist overlords at AFL House. Let them (THE AFL) knock it back as Caroline Wilson would demand at the same time as handouts are given left, right and centre to the Gold Coast.

Watched that also Tap.................agree re Danger.Dont know whether Danger had an off night but he sure seemed to be floundering trying to string a few sensible words together.I usually find him to be pretty perceptive but he was almost away with the fairies you might say................now getting back to Jones (gets a bad wrap,tatts,Frankston boy,all that)...............but hell,thoughtful,considered,measured,and very intelligent.I like you tap was extremely impressed by the guy and i reckon he has a great media career in front of him.................and a special mention to the Giants Phil Davis who also impressed me really with his left of centre independent thinking.

Whenever Dangerfield talks he sounds more and more like a dimwit. Was he voted in by players for being the cool kid in class?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

murraycray wrote:
Just on Denis, here's a bloke who was handed a butter knife, and sent to a gun fight.

And in his defence never slagged the shit hole of a club since he has been gone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Danger is just having fun... At our expense

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:

Alternatively....he is a wanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

muzza wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Alternatively....he is a wanker

He’s a wanker who’s also his own biggest fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rod Waddell wrote:
murraycray wrote:
Just on Denis, here's a bloke who was handed a butter knife, and sent to a gun fight.

And in his defence never slagged the shit hole of a club since he has been gone.

Good point. He has forgiven and forgotten personal situations/animosities and sees the bigger picture.
Denis is a man of character. The club comes first. He did play for the Blues in the reserves after all.

Nice for him to voice his concern for a club on its last legs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Normal One wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Fascinating viewing watching On The Couch.

One thing I found fascinating was what Dangerfield was willing to talk about.

eg topic was increasing the age of the under 18 comp to 20 years..... Dangerfield obviously not interested in any reform to the AFL that could assist bottom clubs and went off on a weird tangent that had no relevance to the conversation about player retirements and how players need more assistance with retirement. This guy is out of his depth. Is he on drugs?

Then they let Nathan Jones talk (who I have new found admiration for based on his commentary) and Dangerfield again went off on a weird tangent. This time about the stigma of Carlton getting an extra draft pick. You could tell this guy has no respect for our club....and yet he represents the AFLPA...weird, just weird.

Anyway Jones mentioned the 12 year rebuild Melbourne has been in.

-Nathan jones” I find it quite bizarre that Carlton have come out so strongly and said they don’t want a priority pick. If I was at Carlton 100% I want a priority pick from all my experience I would want every bit of help when you’re in a position like that to give yourself a chance to get back up the ladder."

Wow!, just wow...I have more admiration for him than any of the people on Carlton's board. He knows what it is like to live through a team being shite for year on end. Carlton's Board&CEO- all should be sacked if they don't think Carlton should even ask for a priority pick. Put the pressure back on the Leninist overlords at AFL House. Let them (THE AFL) knock it back as Caroline Wilson would demand at the same time as handouts are given left, right and centre to the Gold Coast.

Watched that also Tap.................agree re Danger.Dont know whether Danger had an off night but he sure seemed to be floundering trying to string a few sensible words together.I usually find him to be pretty perceptive but he was almost away with the fairies you might say................now getting back to Jones (gets a bad wrap,tatts,Frankston boy,all that)...............but hell,thoughtful,considered,measured,and very intelligent.I like you tap was extremely impressed by the guy and i reckon he has a great media career in front of him.................and a special mention to the Giants Phil Davis who also impressed me really with his left of centre independent thinking.

Whenever Dangerfield talks he sounds more and more like a dimwit. Was he voted in by players for being the cool kid in class?

“Dimwit” is a good word, much under utilised. Perhaps it has context here.

He seemed a bit robotic to me. Was he even listening to the conversation? Just very bizarre to not even know what was going on around him.

If I was talking about fishing would it be appropriate for you to ignore everything I say and talk about Tibetan goat herders without any context to the conversation? No. It was Weird.

Post subject: Priority Pick
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:41 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Damien Barrett says AFL will give us a priority pick at the end of the first round.

If so that gives us some genuine trade assets. It would mean our higher end picks would likely be :

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.tri ... s-year/amp

Irony is I'm not sure any decent talent would want to come to us so maybe SOS tries to package two of those picks to trade higher up the draft.

Post subject: Re: Priority Pick
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
Damien Barrett says AFL will give us a priority pick at the end of the first round.

If so that gives us some genuine trade assets. It would mean our higher end picks would likely be :

Irony is I'm not sure any decent talent would want to come to us so maybe SOS tries to package two of those picks to trade higher up the draft.

:thumbsup:

Trade it for Whitfield.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The following players were taken as pre round 1 priority picks.

Josh Fraser
Paul Haselby
Nick Riewoldt
Luke Hodge
Luke Ball
Chris Judd
Adam Cooney
Andrew Walker
Colin Sylvia
Brett Deledio
Jarryd Roughead
Ryan Griffen
Marc Murphy
Dale Thomas
Xavier Ellis
Matthew Kreuzer

I would argue that the current carlton side are in far more dire straits than any of the sides that received those picks. These picks were granted for winning 5 games or less. 5 games! It's only for a complete cock up by Essendon* that they've won 1 game at all this year. End of round 1 (pick 19) priority pick does nothing for them. Do it properly or forget it.

Post subject: Priority Pick
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Whately sez OUTRAGE though!?!

Seriously though I’d imagine if we get one it’ll be on the proviso that we use it for extra credits in a trade (ala Geelong with Motlop).

#MakeyUppey

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Paddycripps wrote:

Tend to agree, but trying to be positive it is a numbers game so the wider the net the better and we potentially use it to trade for something better, perhaps trading up more than for a player as a good player would be insane to come to us.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Other thing to bear in mind is this is a good draft. Maybe no super draft but it's a good draft so 19 this year could be a better pick than 19 in some other drafts.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
Other thing to bear in mind is this is a good draft. Maybe no super draft but it's a good draft so 19 this year could be a better pick than 19 in some other drafts.

19=13

13=Cripps

Sounds good to me!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:56 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Paddycripps wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Tend to agree, but trying to be positive it is a numbers game so the wider the net the better and we potentially use it to trade for something better, perhaps trading up more than for a player as a good player would be insane to come to us.
Wow. "tend to agree"?? Really? With yourself?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:19 am 
Bruce Doull

Oops forgot to change profiles :lol:

#burneraccount

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:21 am 
Bruce Doull

Oh dear.....

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:37 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

we need an investigation!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

grrofunger wrote:
Oops forgot to change profiles :lol:

#burneraccount

Excuse my naivety, but do you post under two different usernames so that you can seemingly give weight to your own arguments? Surely not.

Anyway, that aside, I disagree with your idea that the picks should be seen as trade value. Think of all the players on our list that we're excited about. Unless I've missed one, they all came from the draft. That's where our future is and I really hope that the club hangs tight with this policy.

I also have one other quiet hope that we all know won't be realised: we get a PP at the start of the first round, ie we have #1 and #2. Yeah yeah, never happen I know ... but just imagine the outrage from Whately etc. Oh momma!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 55  Next