Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 55  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Thanks Gil and co.
Only 2 years ago Brisbane get awarded pick 19, Alex W........
The blues will trade these state players picks for McGovern..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes Blueboy the hypocrisy of the AFL and inconsistency is mind blowing and we always seem to be on the wrong end of it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
MPH78 wrote:
But going off the BF insiders posts today, the PP decision was unexpected by the club. As I feared... :yikes:

I heard that the club wanted PP only and weren't that interested in the state league players.

Confirms how irrelevant we are

GC get a PP if they finished below us

Talk about a compromised competition

Can't stand Gil. Will do us no favours.

Hopefully no mercy from the Blues if we ever become powerful again

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

Bookie wrote:
Never has an established team been so shit in the modern era, and we have been during a period of massive draft interference from Gold Coast and then GWS, then some bright spark said lets really f them.. ..free agency.... nobody decent wants to come to a shit club same in the 80's and same now. Equalisation my ar$e. Haven't played a prelim this century, Brissy got a PP last year they won three flags FFS, and beat us.
But great lets get a state footy list clogger like Cam O'Shea or Jarrod Garlett that'll be f'in great. Amazing how these guys never work at shit clubs yet go to good clubs and suddenly they can slot in a play a role,..geez I wonder why???
Lollypop indeed, just a fair go.

:clap: :clap: I agree with this post.
Carlton is shite and no amount of first round draft picks will assist in next 3 years.
It’s ok though the Hawks have Mitchell, Richmond will get Lynch. Trading A grade players amongst A grade clubs-that is the future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

Picks 2 and 15 for lynch, the GC didn't get PP out of that one hey gilly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:26 pm 
Garry Crane

kezza wrote:
Used the words the club is filthy.

They can't be that filthy, Juddy and Cain Liddle were not interested in PPs back in May.

Would have been nice, sure.
Not a deal-breaker.

Gold Coast and us basically got the same deal.

We take Sam Walsh and we kick ass.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:27 pm 
Robert Walls

"THE AFL Commission has allowed Carlton first crack at the best players available in state leagues across the country, instead of a priority draft pick.

Under the arrangement, the Blues would be able to pre-list two players who have previously nominated or been eligible for the draft or were previously listed with an AFL club prior to this year’s draft.

They could do so with the intention of boosting their playing stocks or on-trading them to gain extra draft picks or experienced players from rival clubs.

Carlton CEO Cain Liddle welcomed the AFL’s support.

“As a club we’re appreciative of the assistance provided by the AFL” Liddle said.

“It is now incumbent to the Club to facilitate list management outcomes in the best interests of the Carlton Football Club.”

The NAB AFL Trade Period will begin on Monday 8 October, running until 17 October for the exchange of players and 16 November for the exchange of draft selections only.

Spanning two days for the first time in its history, the NAB AFL Draft will be held on 22-23 November in Melbourne"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

This comes to mind from reading these boards right now

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

There's an over age player at Calder Cannons, Mitch Podhajski. I really hope we're into him with one of these picks. Looks like a potential AFL player to me. McAdam is appealing too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:45 pm 
Robert Walls

DocSherrin III wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
If people want to make a statement stop attending games and don’t renew membership.

If Carlton ceases to generate revenue then they have a real problem. Right now they don’t give a shit because saps like us continue to att nd games, post on forums and generally be the targets they love.

Hmmm...bit late. The time to do that was 5 years ago. The thing to do now is support the club's endeavors to build the list through the draft and strategic trading. This is the best I've seen the club operate in years. Don't punish the club for the League's ineptitude...that's if you consider it ineptitude.

Agreed
We keep punishing the son for the sins of the father
The new regime have been nothing but brutally honest about their strategy
It's time we were all brutally honest about the time it will take

This year is an anomaly in my opinion.

Get Walsh and any 2 of Shiel, Setterfield and McGovern and it will have been an eldorado of a trade/draft period

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Long memories Blues, in the future if another club finds itself on the bottom and asks for assistance lets fight tooth and nail to oppose it. Pres of the Northern Blues should write to Gil and thank him for the priority recruits!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

Why did our work experience CEO feel the need to make any comment on the PP in the first place. We get the pick of players who have been overlooked in numerous drafts which is like getting pick #50. The reigning premier who finished top get Lynch for nothing. I don't know what was the problem with Trigg. I thought he connected better with supporters better than any predecessors. Liddle comes across like an amateur.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

We may have yet to hit bottom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

Great track Don, from one of the greatest albums ever. Makes our shitty state picks worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Interesting discussion with Judd and Hutchy of FC
Hutchy suggested that the mature age player could assist us get McGovern. I assume they were talking about McAdam. Judd agreed.

If we keep 1 get McGovern for McAdam and later picks then it's effectively same as PP

It's difficult to talk all year about needing players in the age 22-27 and then ask for a pick on an 18yr old

I still think the AFL bowed to pressure but they are weak as pssss that's no surprise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

choo wrote:
Interesting discussion with Judd and Hutchy of FC
Hutchy suggested that the mature age player could assist us get McGovern. I assume they were talking about McAdam. Judd agreed.

If we keep 1 get McGovern for McAdam and later picks then it's effectively same as PP

It's difficult to talk all year about needing players in the age 22-27 and then ask for a pick on an 18yr old

I still think the AFL bowed to pressure but they are weak as pssss that's no surprise.

True, but if we got a mid 1st round or late 1st round PP we'd have used it to get mature player/s.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:49 am 
Bruce Doull

Carlton and Brisbane (lol) set to swoop on Sturt’s McAdam who is considered a 30-50 range national draft pick
Quote:
STURT livewire Shane McAdam is set to be among the first mature-age players snapped up by either Carlton or Gold Coast before the draft in a move that could see the Crows agree to a trade for Mitch McGovern.

McAdam is considered by recruiters to be among the top five state league players in the country alongside West Adelaide’s Chris Burgess, Norwood’s Mitch Grigg, Western Australian Marlion Pickett and Victorian forward Josh Corbett.

The AFL Commission has reportedly rejected Carlton and Gold Coast’s bid for a priority pick but will grant a concession allowing them to sign two state league players before the draft and without giving up a pick.

The players they select may be traded to another club which has angered some rivals who believe time and money spent scouting mature age state league players this year has been wasted particularly under their football department soft cap.

It’s understood the Crows are keen on Burgess, a 22-year-old forward who can also play in defence, and who has enjoyed a rapid rise from suburban footy to the SANFL with Westies this year.

If Carlton signs Burgess he could form part of a deal along with draft picks to ensure McGovern gets his wish in leaving the Crows to join the Blues for next season.

But McAdam is considered the hottest property in the SANFL this year and a 30-50 selection in the national draft — much like Willie Rioli who was drafted to West Coast from Glenelg at Pick No. 52 in 2016 and is set to play in this Saturday’s AFL grand final.

Sturt football manager Chris Trapp said there had been significant AFL interest in McAdam all season and the club expected he would join Carlton or Gold Coast in coming weeks.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:02 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

As long as there's demand from other clubs for these mature players then it's not a bad deal for us. If anything it gives us two options, take the older player or trade him for picks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
If people want to make a statement stop attending games and don’t renew membership.

If Carlton ceases to generate revenue then they have a real problem. Right now they don’t give a shit because saps like us continue to att nd games, post on forums and generally be the targets they love.

Hmmm...bit late. The time to do that was 5 years ago. The thing to do now is support the club's endeavors to build the list through the draft and strategic trading. This is the best I've seen the club operate in years. Don't punish the club for the League's ineptitude...that's if you consider it ineptitude.

Agreed
We keep punishing the son for the sins of the father
The new regime have been nothing but brutally honest about their strategy
It's time we were all brutally honest about the time it will take

This year is an anomaly in my opinion.

Get Walsh and any 2 of Shiel, Setterfield and McGovern and it will have been an eldorado of a trade/draft period

Great post.

Great outlook (in yellow)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:12 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
Carlton and Brisbane (lol) set to swoop on Sturt’s McAdam who is considered a 30-50 range national draft pick
Quote:
STURT livewire Shane McAdam is set to be among the first mature-age players snapped up by either Carlton or Gold Coast before the draft in a move that could see the Crows agree to a trade for Mitch McGovern.

McAdam is considered by recruiters to be among the top five state league players in the country alongside West Adelaide’s Chris Burgess, Norwood’s Mitch Grigg, Western Australian Marlion Pickett and Victorian forward Josh Corbett.

The AFL Commission has reportedly rejected Carlton and Gold Coast’s bid for a priority pick but will grant a concession allowing them to sign two state league players before the draft and without giving up a pick.

The players they select may be traded to another club which has angered some rivals who believe time and money spent scouting mature age state league players this year has been wasted particularly under their football department soft cap.

It’s understood the Crows are keen on Burgess, a 22-year-old forward who can also play in defence, and who has enjoyed a rapid rise from suburban footy to the SANFL with Westies this year.

If Carlton signs Burgess he could form part of a deal along with draft picks to ensure McGovern gets his wish in leaving the Crows to join the Blues for next season.

But McAdam is considered the hottest property in the SANFL this year and a 30-50 selection in the national draft — much like Willie Rioli who was drafted to West Coast from Glenelg at Pick No. 52 in 2016 and is set to play in this Saturday’s AFL grand final.

Sturt football manager Chris Trapp said there had been significant AFL interest in McAdam all season and the club expected he would join Carlton or Gold Coast in coming weeks.

Then you have to ask the question if McAdam is actually a better pick up than Mitch McGovern.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 55  Next