Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 55  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
Caroline Wilson said this last week.

Like her or not, she is no fool and does not shie away from a story or make stories up.
Unlike some of the footy ‘journalist’ acolytes whose measure of success is how many clicks a story gets.

I think this means that we’ll end up trading picks 24 & 25 (or whatever those picks end up as) for MM instead of using the priority pick for him and the picks in the 20s for other players or trades.
Might complicate the peripheral deals eg Setterfield.
But then we’ll get an extra shot at a ‘Mitch Gregg’ instead of one of the picks in the 20s.

So, not great but also not disastrous.

Hopefully, we still keep no.1 for Walsh and then also find a way to get Shiel and MM.
and then if we get Gregg as well, I would consider that a golden draft/trade period.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Great...we get another tall, and once again we miss out on getting some of those good second round mids.
So excited, I'm sure we'll pick up lots of new members.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:18 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blues and Suns get state league players but no priority pick

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blu ... 505r2.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

smithy wrote:
No doubt we'll cop it sweet, that's what this club is best at now. Totally spineless. Yes sir no sir 3 bags full. At least come out blazing in the media.. just F***** once you cowards.

Don't hold your breath :grin:

"As a club we’re appreciative of the assistance provided by the AFL and it is now incumbent to the club to facilitate list management outcomes in the best interests of the Carlton football club," Carlton chief executive Cain Liddle said.

How meek is that :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

Welcome back to Carlton.....Bootsma!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

Nick wrote:
smithy wrote:
No doubt we'll cop it sweet, that's what this club is best at now. Totally spineless. Yes sir no sir 3 bags full. At least come out blazing in the media.. just F***** once you cowards.

"As a club we’re appreciative of the assistance provided by the AFL and it is now incumbent to the club to facilitate list management outcomes in the best interests of the Carlton football club," Carlton chief executive Cain Liddle said.

That response is so disappointing.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

If Brisbane got a PP in 2016 how do we not get one? Because consistency and integrity only exist in the same sentence as AFL in an example of an oxymoron. Still the AFL CEO thinks he should use his position to lobby federal ministers on behalf of his filthy rich relatives who apparently can't possibly look after their own kids without a French au-pair or two. That's the sort of bloke he is. Our greenhorn CEO didn't help. When he decides to make a bit statement perhaps he should shut up. The big losers are GC. They would have definitely got a PP if only we hadn't finished below them. Eventually we will be good again, and when we are I hope no-one expects us to be nice or gracious.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Agree it is actually embarrassing.

Would've taken a no comment, let alone "its disappointing and the AFL are a pack of flower"

Sometimes you really wish we had Eddie as president *shudder*. I'll go wash myself now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Paddycripps wrote:
bosman wrote:
Club said ages ago it won't apply for a PP cause they knew they wouldn't get one and it was a waste of resources.
Everybody then jumped up and down and said we're idiots for not asking.

Club can now say "Hold my beer"

That's BS. Show me evidence club said they didn't think they'd get it. Complete crap.

4 months ago when the club came out publicly to say they won't be seeking a PP cause they knew the AFL would never give us one, hence the announcement today...

So "hold my beer""................

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluechucky wrote:
Nick wrote:
smithy wrote:

That response is so disappointing.

This is bizarre, they actually need to roll this whole league up. It is a sham..the whole thing, might as well vote no confidence in AFL sooner rather than later. It will only get worse.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

bosman wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
bosman wrote:
Club said ages ago it won't apply for a PP cause they knew they wouldn't get one and it was a waste of resources.

That's BS. Show me evidence club said they didn't think they'd get it. Complete crap.

4 months ago when the club came out publicly to say they won't be seeking a PP cause they knew the AFL would never give us one, hence the announcement today...

No they said we wouldn’t seek a PP because we made our own mess.

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
i dont have any issues with it, if GC get one, then that is a entirely different scenario and the club should get lawyers involved.

A club with a spine would get the lawyers involved. Considering the precedent the league set with Brisbane.
The AFL don't do precedents.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluechucky wrote:
bosman wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
bosman wrote:

No they said we wouldn’t seek a PP because we made our own mess.

Those were the words the club said at the time, but they knew regardless of making our own mess or not, the afl was never ever going to give us a PP.

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

Nick wrote:
smithy wrote:

They won 2 matches!!!
Think about it Liddle. “Appreciative of the assistance”. What assistance? Can’t wait for the dividend handout to GC being double Carlton’s

From the AFL’s perspective, I am sure that the stigma of “tanking” from 2008? Or whenever it was impacted on their decision... but as WE ALL know the game has changed since then with trading being loosened up eg Hawthorn getting a Brownlow medallist in Mitchell and giving up nothing of worth in return.

The AFL lacks courage, Carlton lacks courage. They deserve each other and the lop sided matches they get in next few years

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

We may get given a softer draw next year.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

We finish last with 2 wins.

Collingwood will win the flag.

No PP.

Docherty knee.

Probably the softest CEO in the competition.

This has just been such a fantastic footy season.

Now all we need is Shiel and Setterfield to nominate Essenscum and be forced to part with pick 1 for McGovern and that will round out the year nicely. At least Sidebottom didn't win the brownlow and Richmond the premiership.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:
... but as WE ALL know the game has changed since then with trading being loosened up eg Hawthorn getting a Brownlow medallist in Mitchell and giving up nothing of worth in return.

Whine away....but let's not rewrite history. Hawks gave up their first rounder (14).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

Adelaide want any state leaguers?

McAdam, Grigg back?

We can just take one of them and trade it for McGovern

Same as the PP

problem solved

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:16 pm 
Rod McGregor

Sweet, we are set!

We can trade one random for pick 72 and another random for pick 88.

Thanks AFL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
... but as WE ALL know the game has changed since then with trading being loosened up eg Hawthorn getting a Brownlow medallist in Mitchell and giving up nothing of worth in return.

Whine away....but let's not rewrite history. Hawks gave up their first rounder (14).

And Adelaide want a pick in that vicinity for McGovern.

:roll:

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 55  Next