Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 55  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Brings added meaning to “Maky Uppy”

Yes disgraceful in the extreme

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If their are two meanings to the rules and one meaning meant a better outcome for Carlton, then we meant the other one.

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:48 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

What a pack of cauliflower.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

FFS :lol:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

According to Fox Sports, they will trade the two state league players/mature aged picks AND draft picks as well for McGovern.
He said plural...plural state leaguers and draft picks. 2 picks in mid 20s he said on Fox.So giving up both of these for one McGovern, who is a B grade player.

I would have preferred keeping one of the state based players, McGovern can’t be that good, surely? He is worth equivalent of 4 players?

Why is Carlton throwing kitchen sink at a player who has never featured in top 3 of b&f at Adelaide anyway?

I am not getting the drafting or recruiting strategy. SPSeton a bit of a fizzler, early days but more possessions needed, Silvagni average as well. Drafting hasn’t exactly set world on fire. Trading average, recruiting average- up s@@t creek without a paddle.

Also, Matty Wright 2nd top goal scorer. Why get rid of him? It isn’t as if there is a wealth of other options. Surely he is better on list than many others? What about using him for Insurance? Goal scoring -what if Curnow gets injured? Who is going to kick the goals? Permanently injured Kreuzer?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Tap breathe no way we would be doing that ridiculous overreach

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tap in 79 wrote:
According to Fox Sports, they will trade the two state league players/mature aged picks AND draft picks as well for McGovern.
He said plural...plural state leaguers and draft picks. 2 picks in mid 20s he said on Fox.So giving up both of these for one McGovern, who is a B grade player.

I would have preferred keeping one of the state based players, McGovern can’t be that good, surely? He is worth equivalent of 4 players?

Why is Carlton throwing kitchen sink at a player who has never featured in top 3 of b&f at Adelaide anyway?

I am not getting the drafting or recruiting strategy. SPSeton a bit of a fizzler, early days but more possessions needed, Silvagni average as well. Drafting hasn’t exactly set world on fire. Trading average, recruiting average- up s@@t creek without a paddle.

Also, Matty Wright 2nd top goal scorer. Why get rid of him? It isn’t as if there is a wealth of other options. Surely he is better on list than many others? What about using him for Insurance? Goal scoring -what if Curnow gets injured? Who is going to kick the goals? Permanently injured Kreuzer?

You're a glass three quarters empty guy aren't you

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:

Ever wondered how Fox suck people into watching their shit?

Wonder no more.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Attachment:
ghosty.gif
ghosty.gif [ 94.28 KiB | Viewed 8089 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:

Paper bag.

Corner of the room.

Inhale slowly.

Exhale slowly.

Repeat.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

Relax, the AFL will soon make a new rule saying people with the initials MM aren't allowed to go to Carlton (if only they'd told us that 6 years ago!), so it's much ado about nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:06 am 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:

You're a glass three quarters empty guy aren't you

I think the glass smashed into pieces and he’s using the shards to slash his wrists

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Ockham's Razor wrote:
Wasn't sure where to post this - happy for it to be moved as appropriate.

AFL actively investigating possible draft tampering in SA.

Regards,

OR

Gaining some momentum.

Alleged that a highly rated, SA based draft prospect told Gold Coast he wasn't leaving SA in the upcoming draft, in an endeavour to slip past the top 4 picks.

Will make for interesting reading if AFL release findings from the investigation.

Cheers

OR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

Someone has posted on BF that the AFL have back flipped again and the mature players cannot be traded.
Anyone else heard this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Ockham's Razor wrote:
Ockham's Razor wrote:
Wasn't sure where to post this - happy for it to be moved as appropriate.

AFL actively investigating possible draft tampering in SA.

Regards,

OR

Gaining some momentum.

Alleged that a highly rated, SA based draft prospect told Gold Coast he wasn't leaving SA in the upcoming draft, in an endeavour to slip past the top 4 picks.

Will make for interesting reading if AFL release findings from the investigation.

Cheers

OR

Yep. The Fogerty card...........I’m seriously over this sport very shortly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:58 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Funny how Lukocious said today he was happy to go the Suns, not long after the tampering news broke.

In other news Mr Kaplan also said in his twitter post, that we can’t trade the two state league players now. Another rule change on the run.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

AFL pulled the plug on the priority pick for Carlton after one of the worst seasons in recent memory citing significant and forcefully put objections from key stakeholders. Clarkson and Scott front and centre. Nothing to do with their own self interest on eve of trade period. Priority pick for us clearly would throw a spanner in the works for their carefully thought through player acquisition strategy. Just a coincidence that Hawks now favouriites to snag Shiel. If Geelong aren’t involved in some complex way in Adelaide Mitch McGovern machinations I would be amazed. Call me paranoid but this whole situation stinks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:42 pm 
Robert Walls

RickJ wrote:
AFL pulled the plug on the priority pick for Carlton after one of the worst seasons in recent memory citing significant and forcefully put objections from key stakeholders. Clarkson and Scott front and centre. Nothing to do with their own self interest on eve of trade period. Priority pick for us clearly would throw a spanner in the works for their carefully thought through player acquisition strategy. Just a coincidence that Hawks now favouriites to snag Shiel. If Geelong aren’t involved in some complex way in Adelaide Mitch McGovern machinations I would be amazed. Call me paranoid but this whole situation stinks

Don't worry,
I'm sure our President will write a stern email to Gill's secretary outlining his mild disappointment... If he gets around to it...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:22 am 
John Nicholls

Bluey44 wrote:
RickJ wrote:

Don't worry,
I'm sure our President will write a stern email to Gill's secretary outlining his mild disappointment... If he gets around to it...

+1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 55  Next