Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 55  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:14 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:

I just hope that this is the end of the PP for good.

Saints next year. Gil's mate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

If people want to make a statement stop attending games and don’t renew membership.

If Carlton ceases to generate revenue then they have a real problem. Right now they don’t give a shit because saps like us continue to att nd games, post on forums and generally be the targets they love.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

DesEnglish wrote:
If people want to make a statement stop attending games and don’t renew membership.

If Carlton ceases to generate revenue then they have a real problem. Right now they don’t give a shit because saps like us continue to att nd games, post on forums and generally be the targets they love.

Hmmm...bit late. The time to do that was 5 years ago. The thing to do now is support the club's endeavors to build the list through the draft and strategic trading. This is the best I've seen the club operate in years. Don't punish the club for the League's ineptitude...that's if you consider it ineptitude.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

I’m sure the club has prepared for this though. No doubt we’ve already been in talks with interstate clubs asking who they’d like for free from their state leagues without going through the drafts.

Hell, I’m already reading rumours that we’ll give McAdam (who plays for Sturt) to the Crows for Gov.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm 
Wayne Johnston

After watching this great club for 65 years I'm now of the opinion that we are completely [REDACTED]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

dane wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
camelboy wrote:
McLachlan clarifies decision to reject priority pick requests
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/25/ ... -requests/

Quote:
The AFL Commission yesterday rejected the struggling clubs' proposal of securing an extra, early pick to fast-track their respective rebuilds.

“With these things you’re trying to look at the objective and a bit of the subjective assessment of the clubs and where they’re at,” McLachlan told SEN’s Whateley.

“If you help then you’re doing that at the expense of the competition generally.

“There was an assessment that the clubs had a lot of young talent, I think Carlton have got 18 first round picks and they’ll get the number one pick again this year.

“Gold Coast have got 15 first round picks on their list and they’re going to get picks two and 15 this year if Tom Lynch goes to another club, which is I think accepted, so they’ll get pick 3 as well.

“So there was a view that they needed some mature bodies.”

The Blues and the Suns will instead receive priority access to two state level players each, as reported by SEN Time On host Sam McClure last month.

Why is the number of first round picks relevant. Every club gets one every year.
We have 21 first rounders if u want to split hairs.

Cripps, 13
Cuningham, 23
Curnow, 12
Dow, 6
Kreuzer, 1
McKay, 10
Murphy, 1
O'Brien, 10
SPS, 6
Weitering, 1

Docherty, 12
Garlett, 15
Kennedy, 13
Kerridge, 27 after first round priority
Lamb, 21
Lang, 16
Lobbe, 16
Marchbank, 6
Pickett, 4
Plowman, 3
Thomas, 2

Then put some of those in perspective.

Thomas - all but washed up, unwanted
Lamb, Pickett, Lobbe, Garlett - unwanted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Actually given he left the GCS and we re-drafted him from the WAFL, Garlett is actually a mature age recruit of the type being approved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:28 pm 
John Nicholls

2ndeffort wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Actually given he left the GCS and we re-drafted him from the WAFL, Garlett is actually a mature age recruit of the type being approved.

And do you think two more of him would get us off the bottom of the ladder?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

Hmmm...bit late. The time to do that was 5 years ago. The thing to do now is support the club's endeavors to build the list through the draft and strategic trading. This is the best I've seen the club operate in years. Don't punish the club for the League's ineptitude...that's if you consider it ineptitude.

I actually don’t care what they do anymore. I haven’t been to a game in 5 years, nor have I been a member (that was actually initiated by the club, but that’s a different story)

I guess my point is, if you don’t like it, do something about it. If you really hate that we’re shit, tell the club you don’t like the rules and push them to change it. There’s 55,000 members if half said they want an end to the draft or they won’t renew the club would have to consider raising it. Offer $5m a year to a FA for 5 years and tell the AFL flower your salary cap, we’ll do business how we like.

Who gave these cauliflowers control anyway!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:00 pm 
Wayne Johnston

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-10/w ... ade-period

When does the 2018 NAB AFL free agency and Trade Period start and finish?

Friday, 5 October: Restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period starts.
Monday, 8 October 10am: NAB AFL Trade Period starts.
Friday, 12 October 5pm: Close of restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period.
Monday, 15 October 2pm: AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends.
Wednesday, 17 October 8.30pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of players).
Friday, 16 November 2pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of selections only).

Last edited by chubbyruss on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:02 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

toddkurnski wrote:
camelboy wrote:

“There was an assessment that the clubs had a lot of young talent, I think Carlton have got 18 first round picks and they’ll get the number one pick again this year.

If that number includes guys like Garlett, Lang and Pickett then that is incredibly disingenuous way to assess a list and just a soundbite that is easy to repeat for a quick way to end the conversation they don't want to have. If the AFL claims to have done a list analysis and used that as their data point it shows they have the outcome and contrived the data to suit.
:clap:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:54 pm 
Garry Crane

chubbyruss wrote:
After watching this great club for 65 years I'm now of the opinion that we are completely [REDACTED]

No we are not.

We finally have a great foundation to build from. We have genuine elite talent, though mostly too young.

We will devastate the league sooner than many think, hang tough.

P.S. New midfield coach and new head of fitness will have massive benefit for us in 2019.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:56 pm 
Garry Crane

Donstuie wrote:

Yep, just scrub it from the books completely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
In reading Gil's comments, you can almost see the hands of da meedya and other coaches up his tookus, as he hits on all of the key sound bytes that they love.

- X amount of 1st round picks
- Gold Coast will get pick 3 anyway, so you'll be happy to know they'll still do better than Carlton
- They need mature bodies (ie "Carlton deliberately torpedoed their age profile")

The best part about the muppets comment is when he say's that giving both GC and Carlton a PP is at the expense of the competition and they already have enough first round picks. Yet as you said, if a player like Lynch walks, then they get a first round compensation pick (likely pick #3) at the expense of the competition.
The AFL hypocrisy in full swing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

MPH78 wrote:
For me, all comes down to whether this has ‘blindsided’ the club and therefore our trade strategies to acquire the ready made talent we need.

If so, we’re [REDACTED].

Apologies for quoting myself.

But going off the BF insiders posts today, the PP decision was unexpected by the club. As I feared... :yikes:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

MPH78 wrote:
But going off the BF insiders posts today, the PP decision was unexpected by the club. As I feared... :yikes:

I heard that the club wanted PP only and weren't that interested in the state league players.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:26 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Effes wrote:
MPH78 wrote:

I heard that the club wanted PP only and weren't that interested in the state league players.

You mean we asked for something of value instead of something worthless?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The state league players will provide sufficient value. We just have to be smart about how we move them on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

Get Grigg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

MPH78 wrote:
MPH78 wrote:
For me, all comes down to whether this has ‘blindsided’ the club and therefore our trade strategies to acquire the ready made talent we need.

If so, we’re [REDACTED].

Apologies for quoting myself.

Used the words the club is filthy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 55  Next