Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:11 pm 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
Wangers wrote:
Time to stop drafting KPP, we have a plethora of them on the list. Our first pick should not be Lukosius. Yes, you heard it. We need more certainty on the list and midfielders picked in top 10 have become good or great players. KPP are a lottery and jury is out with 2 of the 3 we have drafted in 2015. I'd trade our 1st pick for two top 10 picks and get the best midfielders with the picks. It's the biggest need on the list and the teams that perform best are those with deep and capable midfields.

Reality is we need to stay the course with the rebuild. Changes have to be made with the list, and Bolts is struggling and needs senior support and some tactical nous.

Curnow was a lone hand in the forward line today and on most occasions was triple teamed because everyone knew where we were going to kick it. If Lukosius is no.1 pick, we take him every day of the week and we don’t ignore him. Problem is he won’t want to come anyway!
No we don't. We have KP forwards already with ability. Kerr has shown a bit in his first few games at 19yo. McKay averages 2 goals a game and De Koning, going on VFL form, looks like he can play too. Not many KP forwards taken first pick have been that successful. I can think of Reiwoldt and that's it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The only laughter on the horizon is waiting for AFL’s statement giving Brisbane and Gold Coast priorty picks and justify (with a straight face) why we don’t get one.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

SurreyBlue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
he doesn't watch footy with me anymore - he has really only ever known this shit.

My kids both walked away during the 2nd quarter and they normally watch all the game and the other didn’t want to watch from the beginning. Yep they only know us as these losers........

People like those of us who can see what's happening to this club are vital to its future. If we walk away that'll be the end of the CFC forever. It's getting to that point now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

trublu wrote:
Polson below average
Cuningham below average
Patty Kerr below average

SPS average
Weitering average
Mckay average

Williamson overrated

Marcreadie no good
JGM no good
Lebois no good

Gowers Delisted

Schumacher and Dekoning haven’t seen much of them
You're a dummy. Williamson showed alot last year AND hasn't played this year. If there was an Academy Award for idiot statements the one on Williamson is it.

Kerr has shown plenty for a 19yo, McKay averages 2 goals a game. Weitering and SPS showed alot so the question has to be pointed at the coaching staff as to why they are struggling. Maybe they both need proper roles rather than being confused and lost by what they are given. Cunningham has been ok, a Rising Star nomination but injuries don't help. Again, after showing talent though, why hasn't he taken the next step. SOS has bought some good players in but it's up to the coaching staff to develop them.

I bet if all those were wearing red and white they'd be flying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:21 pm 
John James

Todays effort should help Cripps make up his mind :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 pm 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
he doesn't watch footy with me anymore - he has really only ever known this shit.

My kids both walked away during the 2nd quarter and they normally watch all the game and the other didn’t want to watch from the beginning. Yep they only know us as these losers........

Weeeeeelllllll maybe you save you negativity for here but if you say even half the same things in front of them then I kinda get why they'd lose faith in the club. Don't get me wrong, I lose the plot sometimes and don't generate a very good example for my kids sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

smithy wrote:
Sin City wrote:
Coaches went back to the all out attacking game plan this week. We just don't have the midfield to do it. Last week we had players behind the ball and applied pressure to the opposition. Yeah it's not great to watch but it makes us a lot more competitive.

This week we went back to focussing just on ball movement. Could be because we wanted to test it out against a supposedly poor team, could be because we're tanking or really just want to do it as part of the education but whatever the reason is we get smashed whenever we do it. Back line was left wide open and that's not a good thing with the way our midfield leaks inside 50s, at one stage 18 of the last 20 inside 50s had gone to the Lions.

We're genuinely about four really good mature midfielders short of what the good teams have. Dow will be one for sure but we need to add a lot more.

Sorry but that was not an attacking gameplan whatsoever; let alone an all out one, not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion tbh. Attacking teams play through the corridor with speed, they do not seek to go wide at every opportunity.

Well, it was, regardless of what you saw we were playing one way football which we have as often as the coaches see fit this year as the focus has apparently been on ball movement.

Where your post really falls down though is that if a guy with your football IQ can work out that an attacking team wants to use the corridor at all costs you'd think the Brisbane coaching staff and players can also work it out fairly quickly (like, during the week before the game) and that they would then put some men in there to force us out wide.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Anyone who thinks we don't need a priority picks is an idiot.
Just look at the ladder.
Then look at today's opposition and result

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

99prelim wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
We keep asking ourselves "How can it get worse?"

How about a @#$%&! heart attack!

I will not be convinced that
a) Casboult suddenly being dropped
b) Dow 'managed' this particular game
c) Simmo late withdrawal

aren't subtle ways to fiddle the system. And if we don't think that players on the ground aren't thinking the same (even though, instinctively, they want to win) and drop their effort 5-10%, we are kidding ourselves

I am not for one moment saying we would have won otherwise, but I am saying that SOS/Bolts/MLG wouldn't be losing much sleep over this particular loss

it makes no sense to tank ... the number one pick is another key position player and the next three or so picks are mids. we need mids.

tanking just isn't what we are doing. we are losing players and losing games because at all levels we are a really bad football club.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

WA Blue wrote:
Todays effort should help Cripps make up his mind :cry:

Mate of mine is close with the family and he tells me Patrick isn't going to sign til the end of the year and even then there's no guarantee. My read on this is Patrick is very much undecided.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:37 pm 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:
Wangers wrote:
Time to stop drafting KPP, we have a plethora of them on the list. Our first pick should not be Lukosius. Yes, you heard it. We need more certainty on the list and midfielders picked in top 10 have become good or great players. KPP are a lottery and jury is out with 2 of the 3 we have drafted in 2015. I'd trade our 1st pick for two top 10 picks and get the best midfielders with the picks. It's the biggest need on the list and the teams that perform best are those with deep and capable midfields.

Reality is we need to stay the course with the rebuild. Changes have to be made with the list, and Bolts is struggling and needs senior support and some tactical nous.

Curnow was a lone hand in the forward line today and on most occasions was triple teamed because everyone knew where we were going to kick it. If Lukosius is no.1 pick, we take him every day of the week and we don’t ignore him. Problem is he won’t want to come anyway!

Casboult dropped and the opposition tripled teamed Curnow. What a surprise :banghead: A weak opposition at that. Imagain how beat up he'd be against a bigger more seasoned opposition.

And how many times did Curnow crash the pack of three and send bodies to the ground and the ball end up in another Carlton players hand? Not many if at all.

And people still say we don't need the Bolt :screwy:

Ps: I switched of in the third so there is a chance he did in the second half but I'm willing to gamble he didn't. :razz:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Crippa wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Wangers wrote:

Casboult dropped and the opposition tripled teamed Curnow. What a surprise :banghead: A weak opposition at that. Imagain how beat up he'd be against a bigger more seasoned opposition.

And how many times did Curnow crash the pack of three and send bodies to the ground and the ball end up in another Carlton players hand? Not many if at all.

And people still say we don't need the Bolt :screwy:

Ps: I switched of in the third so there is a chance he did in the second half but I'm willing to gamble he didn't. :razz:

Selections all year have been questionable.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Braithy wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
We keep asking ourselves "How can it get worse?"

How about a @#$%&! heart attack!

I will not be convinced that
a) Casboult suddenly being dropped
b) Dow 'managed' this particular game
c) Simmo late withdrawal

aren't subtle ways to fiddle the system. And if we don't think that players on the ground aren't thinking the same (even though, instinctively, they want to win) and drop their effort 5-10%, we are kidding ourselves

I am not for one moment saying we would have won otherwise, but I am saying that SOS/Bolts/MLG wouldn't be losing much sleep over this particular loss

it makes no sense to tank ... the number one pick is another key position player and the next three or so picks are mids. we need mids.

tanking just isn't what we are doing. we are losing players and losing games because at all levels we are a really bad football club.

I'm not saying we are talking but finishing last is better than second last in the event Adel are hanging for Lukoscious. That's just common sense.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:41 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jim wrote:
trublu wrote:
Polson below average
Cuningham below average
Patty Kerr below average

SPS average
Weitering average
Mckay average

Williamson overrated

Marcreadie no good
JGM no good
Lebois no good

Gowers Delisted

Schumacher and Dekoning haven’t seen much of them
You're a dummy. Williamson showed alot last year AND hasn't played this year. If there was an Academy Award for idiot statements the one on Williamson is it.

Kerr has shown plenty for a 19yo, McKay averages 2 goals a game. Weitering and SPS showed alot so the question has to be pointed at the coaching staff as to why they are struggling. Maybe they both need proper roles rather than being confused and lost by what they are given. Cunningham has been ok, a Rising Star nomination but injuries don't help. Again, after showing talent though, why hasn't he taken the next step. SOS has bought some good players in but it's up to the coaching staff to develop them.

I bet if all those were wearing red and white they'd be flying.

Easy cowboy.

Overrated is a subjective term..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Forget about sakcing Bolton or Rowe or Lamb.

Sack Shakespeare.

Today's banner:

WHERE HAVE WE SEEN THAT LOGO?
IN A SECOND IT WILL CLICK...
AHH NOW WE REMEMBER
ON A PADDLE POP STICK

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'm not big on internet forums but in my humble view we need to recruit an entire midfield and we need to do it very soon.

That's the only immediate solution. And even then it's not a solution.

Get pick one and tell Adel we are open to trade but we want two quality mids and the balls in their court. Simple as that.

Crouch and Pick 6 will do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:44 pm 
Bruce Comben

Today’s result is very difficult to accept. I still remain loyal.
I agree that Bolts needs some help. I think Brett Ratten would be a perfect mentor. And he has blue blood running through his veins.
We also need to request the priority pick. We do need help!

Last edited by Shayno on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Bye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:05 pm 
John James

Paddycripps wrote:
I'm not big on internet forums but in my humble view we need to recruit an entire midfield and we need to do it very soon.

That's the only immediate solution. And even then it's not a solution.

Get pick one and tell Adel we are open to trade but we want two quality mids and the balls in their court. Simple as that.

Crouch and Pick 6 will do it.

Gibbs Eddie Jacobs and pick 6 :razz:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

No comment !

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next