Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:18 am 
Bruce Doull

Rexy wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Rexy wrote:
there was no reason to go into this game with Rowe - none !

back half just too crowded with talls and confusing - should have had Mullett as another mobile utility

If I recall correctly, Rowe started forward as the big body to support Charlie. But with Phillips gone early Rowe shared ruck for a while then went back. So Eventually Kennedy provided ruck support for a badly struggling Krooz !
For some reason they wanted Rowe as the depp defender, presumably to keep Jones further up the ground, and Rowe was slaughtered by Hipwood.

I don’t want to see Rowe in the team ever again.

Kreuzer started forward with Charlie. Phillips was 1st ruck. Rowe started back with Marchbank on a wing. :screwy:

Phillips got injured early so they swung Rowe forward.

You can't predict what injuries are going to happen but that starting structure was ridiculous, IMHO.
And I want to know who decides on these structures.

Is it just Bolton, or do our line coaches (Barker in particular, as our "Head of Strategy and High Performance") decide this?

Whoever it is needs a kick up the arse.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Rexy wrote:

back half just too crowded with talls and confusing - should have had Mullett as another mobile utility

If I recall correctly, Rowe started forward as the big body to support Charlie. But with Phillips gone early Rowe shared ruck for a while then went back. So Eventually Kennedy provided ruck support for a badly struggling Krooz !
For some reason they wanted Rowe as the depp defender, presumably to keep Jones further up the ground, and Rowe was slaughtered by Hipwood.

Kreuzer started forward with Charlie. Phillips was 1st ruck. Rowe started back with Marchbank on a wing. :screwy:

You can't predict what injuries are going to happen but that starting structure was ridiculous, IMHO.

Why? :? Rowe has started back all season, Phillips deserved first crack in the ruck and Marchbank was playing as the defensive wingman which he plays well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:28 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
Rexy wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Why? :? Rowe has started back all season, Phillips deserved first crack in the ruck and Marchbank was playing as the defensive wingman which he plays well.

Rowe isn't an AFL player... and I'm being polite.

We recruited Marchbank as a quality KPD.

Phillips definitely deserves the #1 ruck :thumbsup:

Mullett should have played as a mobile utility instead of Rowe.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

Jones has been a huge disappointment this year, and Rowe has been putrid.
Hardly the two key defenders the youngsters can look up to.
Apart from Simmo and Murphy, we have the worst senior core in the AFL.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
Rexy wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Rexy wrote:

And I want to know who decides on these structures.

Is it just Bolton, or do our line coaches (Barker in particular, as our "Head of Strategy and High Performance") decide this?

Whoever it is needs a kick up the arse.

Barker needs to go at the end of the year.
Simple as that.
Been a massive FAIL in his role this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:00 pm 
Ken Hands

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
McKay sitting in the front row was like the ultimate troll

What I can't understand is taking McKay to Brisbane and have him sitting in the crowd , why wasn't he in the coaches box sitting along side of SIMMO and listening to him and learning something , wouldn't that be a learning experience for him, fmd it's not rocket science, an absolute waste of a resource for the day and they go on about teaching the kids ( yeh right )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Waterman wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

What I can't understand is taking McKay to Brisbane and have him sitting in the crowd , why wasn't he in the coaches box sitting along side of SIMMO and listening to him and learning something , wouldn't that be a learning experience for him, fmd it's not rocket science, an absolute waste of a resource for the day and they go on about teaching the kids ( yeh right )
Very astute point there...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

Waterman wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Learn from the coaches box!!! I would hope he could have been able to teach them something yesterday. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

What I find alarming is that our worst performances (Melbourne aside) have been against the worst opposition.

Gold Coast
Collingwood (early on when they were still shit)
Norf
Freo
Brisbane

Yet against the top teams (again, Melbourne excluded) we seem to find a resolve and in some cases given ourselves genuine opportunities to win if not for better composure or luck.

Going back to Murph's "We got ahead of ourselves" comment, is it genuinely a case of the group expecting an easier day and not paying proper respect to their opposition? If so they need their @#$%&! heads examined because they've done nothing yet to deserve that mindset, and they're @#$%&! stupid for not learning from their mistakes.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

taken me over 24 hours to sign in as I have been too disappointed.

BTW bris in GMCbris is for Brisbane where I live (in relative seclusion so as to not let people become aware of the Blue membership card in my pocket). Glad my kids barrack for Brisbane. When they were born I didnt have the heart to make them support the Blues when all their friends would be Lions supporters. At least they have something to look forward too.

We were terrible. It was hard to watch.

Yep still disappointed.

BTW, saw an online post the Big H has asked to be traded and that's why we arent playing him. Jeez I hope that's a load of crap!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Phillips's shot for goal in the first quarter go out on the full?

If so, why do the stats show that he did not give away any free kicks?

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/16/bl-v-carl

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:37 pm 
Wayne Johnston

kkk wrote:
I get that we lost Philips early when the plan was to have he and Kruezer as our tall forwards with Charlie.

But how is it possible that Charlie was competing with 2 (and sometimes more) every time we kicked it high into the forward line, whilst we had 4 key defenders on the ground. Rowe was tried in the 2nd, but thereafter he, Marchbank, Jones and Weitering were all playing back. Surely one had to be played forward just to try to draw a player away from Curnow?

Weitering was off injured all the last quarter, that’s why Rowe was moved back to the backline. Marchbank went off injured also in the last quarter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:42 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Rexy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Rexy wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Rowe isn't an AFL player... and I'm being polite.

We recruited Marchbank as a quality KPD.

Phillips definitely deserves the #1 ruck :thumbsup:

Mullett should have played as a mobile utility instead of Rowe.

Rowe was playing well last year until he was injured, ever since he came back this year he has lost all mobility, and he didn’t have a lot to stat with. Should have been playing VFL all this year to recover but we have no depth.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

I have been away for the weekend and had no foxtel.
I recorded the game, have no intention of watching it.
We all knew this was going to happen, went in too tall and slow.
Just don't know if we are ever going to get out of this hole.
If we lose Cripps, that is me done.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
I’ve got another one.

I think we had 5 players who didn’t have a disposal smothered.

:thumbsup:

The only positive I can come up with:
In 2001, we smashed the Lions by something like 80pts.
They went on to win the Premiership, and two after that.

In truth, this loss was not about our list or injuries. If so, we would have been smashed by at least this much every week. No, this was above the shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:52 pm 
Wayne Johnston

kezza wrote:

I think that will do it for me also Kezza after 65 years :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:47 pm 
Bob Chitty

kezza wrote:

Watch the first quarter and then turn it off. The first is actually quite enjoyable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 am 
Ken Hunter

And in the first Rowe starts strongly - it is when he moves forward that things start to go wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just watching Talking Footy.

Lions had 309 uncontested possession and 24 marks inside 50. That's off the chart!

They were showing highlights of how we were zoning and showing how, as Carey said, we had absolutely no idea where we should be standing and positioning ourselves. Just totally lost as to what to do. He said the message, whatever he's teaching, is just not getting though using that style of play.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

jim, don't watch ch7

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next