Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

McKay sitting in the front row was like the ultimate troll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Paddycripps wrote:
WA Blue wrote:
Todays effort should help Cripps make up his mind :cry:

Mate of mine is close with the family and he tells me Patrick isn't going to sign til the end of the year and even then there's no guarantee. My read on this is Patrick is very much undecided.

What's going to happen with your username if he goes?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

I get that we lost Philips early when the plan was to have he and Kruezer as our tall forwards with Charlie.

But how is it possible that Charlie was competing with 2 (and sometimes more) every time we kicked it high into the forward line, whilst we had 4 key defenders on the ground. Rowe was tried in the 2nd, but thereafter he, Marchbank, Jones and Weitering were all playing back. Surely one had to be played forward just to try to draw a player away from Curnow?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

trublu wrote:

And that’s why I left them out of my average rating.

It was pretty average yes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:14 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Rod Waddell wrote:
From AFL website:
INJURIES
Brisbane: Nil
Carlton: Phillips (hamstring), Weitering (calf), Marchbank (heart)

What damage did Marchbank do to his heart? Encouraged that he has a heart.

A few others had Marchbanks issue, only didn’t need a real medical checkup.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:18 pm 
formerly King Kenny

SurreyBlue wrote:
My concerns keep rising weekly.
We are so disorganised out there, we are either confused on what our game plan is or it’s just not working. Either way I feel sorry for any kid that is drafted by us.

I swear I read Bolton say Rowe was our defensive organiser? I think he organised the Lions scoring shots very well. Hipwood loved it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluebo baggers wrote:
UPDATE: Caleb Marchbank came off the field in the second half with a raised heartbeat. He will undergo testing this evening at hospital but is expected to be OK. The Club will provide further updates when they come to light.

#AFLLionsBlues #BoundByBlue 

I found that used to happen to me when I ran around chasing the footy.
I think it's normal.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

I just checked in to see if we won. I forgot we were playing today.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:00 am 
Rod Ashman

Navy One wrote:

After what i witnessed today I am certain we are a bunch of pussies. We got bashed and smacked by one player and didn't fire a shot back, starting with our captain. Even robbo kicked us while still on the ground and nothing.

If i was in charge, intense boxing training by professionals. We really need to grow a pair.
Starting immediately.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:12 am 
Ken Hunter

redback wrote:
Navy One wrote:

After what i witnessed today I am certain we are a bunch of pussies. We got bashed and smacked by one player and didn't fire a shot back, starting with our captain. Even robbo kicked us while still on the ground and nothing.

If i was in charge, intense boxing training by professionals. We really need to grow a pair.
Starting immediately.

While good skills, determination and footy nous will hold you in good stead, physicality and a bit of mongrel sure don't hurt. How much of the latter have we had in the past 5 years?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:26 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Here's a quote from Rd 12 2011 Donstuie

"Brisbane playing 'bruise-free footy'. Both goals have come from fast rebounding, chains of handballs and short kicks, and an unguarded goal square.

If we don't get careless, we should win by 60+."

Fast forward seven years.
Not much has changed either way.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluedog wrote:
redback wrote:
Navy One wrote:

Starting immediately.

While good skills, determination and footy nous will hold you in good stead, physicality and a bit of mongrel sure don't hurt. How much of the latter have we had in the past 5 years?

We had Robbo but he didn't fit our squeaky clean image at the time so we threw him and Jeffy out with the bathwater.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:23 am 
Bob Chitty

Rexy wrote:
there was no reason to go into this game with Rowe - none !

back half just too crowded with talls and confusing - should have had Mullett as another mobile utility

If I recall correctly, Rowe started forward as the big body to support Charlie. But with Phillips gone early Rowe shared ruck for a while then went back. So Eventually Kennedy provided ruck support for a badly struggling Krooz !
For some reason they wanted Rowe as the depp defender, presumably to keep Jones further up the ground, and Rowe was slaughtered by Hipwood.

I don’t want to see Rowe in the team ever again.

Last edited by BigGartos on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:28 am 
Rod Ashman

BigGartos wrote:
Rexy wrote:

back half just too crowded with talls and confusing - should have had Mullett as another mobile utility

If I recall correctly, Rowe started forward as the big body to support Charlie. But with Phillips gone early Rowe shared ruck for a while then went back. So Eventually Kennedy provided ruck support for a badly struggling Krooz !
For some reason they wanted Rowe as the depp defender, presumably to keep Jones further up the ground, and Rowe was slaughtered by Hipwood.

Rowe, Weitering, Jones, Marchbank
Curnow 20 year old alone for most of the game in the forward line, but then again in the coach's defence apart from the first it it didn't go in there that much did it.
We had the all out attack/defence thing happening again :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:45 am 
Robert Walls

dannyboy wrote:
I hate to say this but seeing that side, driving to the pub with my brother i said - we'll be down by 7 halftime - then we got to the pub and simmo is out - hmmm

saddest part of the day...

my son left at halftime

he doesn't watch footy with me anymore - he has really only ever known this shit.

God I'm experiencing the same thing with my 19 yo son. He loves watching footy, looking at stats, etc but whenever I try and find some positive to keep his spirits up, he just says, "dad, stop rationalising-they're just shit...I'll be your age by the time we win a flag"

Please, if anyone at the CFC can hear our messages of despair...LET THE PAIN GO AWAY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:45 am 
Stephen Silvagni

BigGartos wrote:
Rexy wrote:

I don’t want to see Rowe in the team ever again.

Kreuzer started forward with Charlie. Phillips was 1st ruck. Rowe started back with Marchbank on a wing. :screwy:

Phillips got injured early so they swung Rowe forward.

You can't predict what injuries are going to happen but that starting structure was ridiculous, IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:51 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

redback wrote:
Navy One wrote:

Starting immediately.

We had a crack and flew the flag really against the Pies. But I reckon we've spent all our flag flying tickets for the year now. Soft group with a few exceptions.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:53 am 
Robert Walls

Braithy wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
We keep asking ourselves "How can it get worse?"

How about a @#$%&! heart attack!

I will not be convinced that
a) Casboult suddenly being dropped
b) Dow 'managed' this particular game
c) Simmo late withdrawal

aren't subtle ways to fiddle the system. And if we don't think that players on the ground aren't thinking the same (even though, instinctively, they want to win) and drop their effort 5-10%, we are kidding ourselves

I am not for one moment saying we would have won otherwise, but I am saying that SOS/Bolts/MLG wouldn't be losing much sleep over this particular loss

it makes no sense to tank ... the number one pick is another key position player and the next three or so picks are mids. we need mids.

tanking just isn't what we are doing. we are losing players and losing games because at all levels we are a really bad football club.

Have you ever been to an auction?
Things are worth what people are prepared to pay?
SOS & co will not lose sleep over yesterday's loss
Let the bidding war begin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:57 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

99prelim wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
I hate to say this but seeing that side, driving to the pub with my brother i said - we'll be down by 7 halftime - then we got to the pub and simmo is out - hmmm

saddest part of the day...

my son left at halftime

he doesn't watch footy with me anymore - he has really only ever known this shit.

God I'm experiencing the same thing with my 19 yo son. He loves watching footy, looking at stats, etc but whenever I try and find some positive to keep his spirits up, he just says, "dad, stop rationalising-they're just shit...I'll be your age by the time we win a flag"

Please, if anyone at the CFC can hear our messages of despair...LET THE PAIN GO AWAY

I reckon it's the AFL who need to hear the messages. If they don't intervene, we may not exist in less than 10 years. Our supporter base and brand is suffering huge damage.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next