Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:50 pm 
Horrie Clover

Press conference by chosen one

https://audioboom.com/posts/6923721-brendon-bolton-post-match-round-16?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:55 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sin City wrote:
Coaches went back to the all out attacking game plan this week. We just don't have the midfield to do it. Last week we had players behind the ball and applied pressure to the opposition. Yeah it's not great to watch but it makes us a lot more competitive.

This week we went back to focussing just on ball movement. Could be because we wanted to test it out against a supposedly poor team, could be because we're tanking or really just want to do it as part of the education but whatever the reason is we get smashed whenever we do it. Back line was left wide open and that's not a good thing with the way our midfield leaks inside 50s, at one stage 18 of the last 20 inside 50s had gone to the Lions.

We're genuinely about four really good mature midfielders short of what the good teams have. Dow will be one for sure but we need to add a lot more.

That's twice in winnable games with gone with that plan. Why?????

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DoublebluMots2 wrote:

We’ve robbed Peter to pay Paul, a lot.

The only problem is Peter doesn’t have a plug nickel.

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:57 pm 
Serge Silvagni

I've stayed loyal through Denis Pagan. I stayed loyal through Michael Malthouse. Now its Brendon Bolton and we have won one game, sit bottom of the ladder at round 16, 2018 season.

Is this club taking the piss or what?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sin City wrote:
Coaches went back to the all out attacking game plan this week. We just don't have the midfield to do it. Last week we had players behind the ball and applied pressure to the opposition. Yeah it's not great to watch but it makes us a lot more competitive.

This week we went back to focussing just on ball movement. Could be because we wanted to test it out against a supposedly poor team, could be because we're tanking or really just want to do it as part of the education but whatever the reason is we get smashed whenever we do it. Back line was left wide open and that's not a good thing with the way our midfield leaks inside 50s, at one stage 18 of the last 20 inside 50s had gone to the Lions.

We're genuinely about four really good mature midfielders short of what the good teams have. Dow will be one for sure but we need to add a lot more.

This is what I've found bewildering this year. There's been some key times this year where we've seemed to deliberately choose a game style that gives us no chance of winning. Maybe it's all part of the master strategy. I hope it's not sheer delusion.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

we went all out attack??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sin City wrote:

Sorry but that was not an attacking gameplan whatsoever; let alone an all out one, not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion tbh. Attacking teams play through the corridor with speed, they do not seek to go wide at every opportunity.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:22 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
We keep asking ourselves "How can it get worse?"

How about a @#$%&! heart attack!

I will not be convinced that
a) Casboult suddenly being dropped
b) Dow 'managed' this particular game
c) Simmo late withdrawal

aren't subtle ways to fiddle the system. And if we don't think that players on the ground aren't thinking the same (even though, instinctively, they want to win) and drop their effort 5-10%, we are kidding ourselves

I am not for one moment saying we would have won otherwise, but I am saying that SOS/Bolts/MLG wouldn't be losing much sleep over this particular loss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Time to stop drafting KPP, we have a plethora of them on the list. Our first pick should not be Lukosius. Yes, you heard it. We need more certainty on the list and midfielders picked in top 10 have become good or great players. KPP are a lottery and jury is out with 2 of the 3 we have drafted in 2015. I'd trade our 1st pick for two top 10 picks and get the best midfielders with the picks. It's the biggest need on the list and the teams that perform best are those with deep and capable midfields.

Reality is we need to stay the course with the rebuild. Changes have to be made with the list, and Bolts is struggling and needs senior support and some tactical nous.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

Reckoned we tanked today
Playing all out attack when we play a better
Game defensively. The game style today just
Didn’t make sense

Simmo not playing

Playing blokes out of position
Murphy defended what the @#$%&!
Jones not playing on Hipwood
Graham on a wing should be onball
Silvangi in defence
Dow rested after getting the rising star

Playing Kreuzer who wasn’t right

Marc bank short of a gallop but picked

I mean where ordinary anyway but only GC
Can finish last as well and we do play them

Something didn’t smell right today

I hope I am wrong because of culture

The fact is you get rewarded for finishing last which besides the ridiculous
Draw is the worst thing in the AFL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

My concerns keep rising weekly.
We are so disorganised out there, we are either confused on what our game plan is or it’s just not working. Either way I feel sorry for any kid that is drafted by us.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Wangers wrote:
Time to stop drafting KPP, we have a plethora of them on the list. Our first pick should not be Lukosius. Yes, you heard it. We need more certainty on the list and midfielders picked in top 10 have become good or great players. KPP are a lottery and jury is out with 2 of the 3 we have drafted in 2015. I'd trade our 1st pick for two top 10 picks and get the best midfielders with the picks. It's the biggest need on the list and the teams that perform best are those with deep and capable midfields.

Reality is we need to stay the course with the rebuild. Changes have to be made with the list, and Bolts is struggling and needs senior support and some tactical nous.

Curnow was a lone hand in the forward line today and on most occasions was triple teamed because everyone knew where we were going to kick it. If Lukosius is no.1 pick, we take him every day of the week and we don’t ignore him. Problem is he won’t want to come anyway!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

The opposite of foot candy. See carlton

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

I hate to say this but seeing that side, driving to the pub with my brother i said - we'll be down by 7 halftime - then we got to the pub and simmo is out - hmmm

saddest part of the day...

my son left at halftime

he doesn't watch footy with me anymore - he has really only ever known this shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:38 pm 
John James

I have the same thing with my son. I brainwashed him to go for the Blues from birth. He's watched 14 years of shit. Appologies kid!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

dannyboy wrote:
he doesn't watch footy with me anymore - he has really only ever known this shit.

My kids both walked away during the 2nd quarter and they normally watch all the game and the other didn’t want to watch from the beginning. Yep they only know us as these losers........

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
we went all out attack??

Bolts needs to take his hand off it or he will go blind....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

My kids both walked away during the 2nd quarter and they normally watch all the game and the other didn’t want to watch from the beginning. Yep they only know us as these losers........

Mine is flying over with me on Friday.

Etihad Friday night then Melbourne and the Dogs on Saturday, and then staying Sunday for the 2s game v Williamstown.

Resilient bugger will never give in, so I'm all in with him....

.....stupid flights are non refundable. :oops:

Last edited by Blueboy74 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:02 pm 
Bob Chitty

trublu wrote:
Polson below average
Cuningham below average
Patty Kerr below average

SPS average
Weitering average
Mckay average

Williamson overrated

Marcreadie no good
JGM no good
Lebois no good

Gowers Delisted

Schumacher and Dekoning haven’t seen much of them

Trublu no good.

I'd put you up for trade :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

If we finish with one win i'm guessing it'd be the worst season in our long, proud history.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next