Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

aboynamedsue wrote:
This fixture has brought it’s share of pain in recent years. The Lions will fancy their chances against us.

In- Kreuzer, Thomas
Out- Casboult, Polson

Even though SOJ finished the game today, our recent history with treating ankle injuries means he will probably miss 1-2 weeks....

I didn’t see today’s VFL game, but I read Lobbe was in the best players. If Kreuzer doesn’t come up, I would consider giving Lobbe a go.

Hopefully Cunningham, Macreadie & Marchbank return in the VFL this week. With a bit of luck, that trio + LOB & Byrne will force out the likes of Graham, Lamb & Mullett over the next few weeks, and put pressure on SPS, Garlett & Wright to lift their games.

B: Simmo Rowe Weitering
HB: Thomas Jones Murphy
C: Dow Cripps Mullett
HF: Fisher C Curnow Garlett
F: Pickett Phillips Wright
R: Kreuzer Kennedy E Curnow

Inter: Graham, Lamb, SOJ, SPS.

McKay at FF, not a ruckman. Our forward line struggles enough as it is. That's always a disaster for us. Tough decision coming up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:42 pm 
Robert Walls

trublu wrote:
Out: Polson and Wright
In: Lang and Thomas

How many games of shitmess has Casboult played and not be dropped?

Wright has had a poor year and yet to be dropped

But lets drop Polson because rather than standing around like a statue like many of his team mates, he tried to make something happen (in what...his 5th game of AFL???)

And the piece de resistance is that you want Thomas back as a replacement???/ FMDITMOBS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:51 pm 
Robert Walls

tap in 79 wrote:
I am hoping just for an "honourable" loss of under 30 points against Brisbane. Plenty of "green shoots" with a loss by under 30 points. There are "little wins" within each loss.
The team will respond to adversity against Brisbane by losing by under 40 points and kicking more than 50 points in the match.
So many "green shoots" will then be obtained. It will almost be like an acre of bamboo with all the green shoots. Green shoots abound.

They should not only do it for Aaron Mullet's 14th match, but do it for Levi's 104th game. Let's hope the growth continues with another loss of under 30 points. Then that loss will be a victory in itself.

Your attempt at humour in this and the other thread has lost its appeal after the 43rd use of the word loss in an ironic and satirical manner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

jim wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
This fixture has brought it’s share of pain in recent years. The Lions will fancy their chances against us.

In- Kreuzer, Thomas
Out- Casboult, Polson

Even though SOJ finished the game today, our recent history with treating ankle injuries means he will probably miss 1-2 weeks....

I didn’t see today’s VFL game, but I read Lobbe was in the best players. If Kreuzer doesn’t come up, I would consider giving Lobbe a go.

Hopefully Cunningham, Macreadie & Marchbank return in the VFL this week. With a bit of luck, that trio + LOB & Byrne will force out the likes of Graham, Lamb & Mullett over the next few weeks, and put pressure on SPS, Garlett & Wright to lift their games.

McKay at FF, not a ruckman. Our forward line struggles enough as it is. That's always a disaster for us. Tough decision coming up.

McKay needs at least one more big preseason before he can play the role Casboult has been playing. Our structure needs a big body to contest outnumbered, bring the ball to ground consistently and take some physical pressure off Charlie. McKay has missed a lot of time on the track in the past couple of years. McKay or TDK should be able to fill that role by 2020, but at the moment Casboult is the most suited. The problem is, he is out of form. Phillips is in form and doesn’t get outmarked easily. I don’t think we can play Kreuzer, Phillips & Casboult in the same side - so I think now is the time to revisit the Phillips/Kreuzer ruck/forward combo.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:41 pm 
Bob Chitty

aboynamedsue wrote:
jim wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

In- Kreuzer, Thomas
Out- Casboult, Polson

McKay needs at least one more big preseason before he can play the role Casboult has been playing. Our structure needs a big body to contest outnumbered, bring the ball to ground consistently and take some physical pressure off Charlie. McKay has missed a lot of time on the track in the past couple of years. McKay or TDK should be able to fill that role by 2020, but at the moment Casboult is the most suited. The problem is, he is out of form. Phillips is in form and doesn’t get outmarked easily. I don’t think we can play Kreuzer, Phillips & Casboult in the same side - so I think now is the time to revisit the Phillips/Kreuzer ruck/forward combo.

Good call. Agreed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:23 pm 
Bob Chitty

Phillips/Kruzer is a no brainer for mine.

Both do well in the ruck, and both present just as well up forward. They both give more than Casboult (especially when he is out of touch as he at the moment)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

The players should be made to (Clockwork Orange style) watch our previous Gabba outings repeatedly between now and game time.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

What, no mention of the Lukosius Cup yet??!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

We won't get within 5 goals

Will confirm another wooden spoon and number one pick in the draft

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
The players should be made to (Clockwork Orange style) watch our previous Gabba outings repeatedly between now and game time.

Not sure the Geneva convention would allow showing it even once. Even collective minds and Leading teams aren't that evil.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 pm 
Craig Bradley

Alternatively just plumb for the Rocky Horror show -show repeats of first half against Freo and GC
Let's face it next week should be an opportunity for a win but we have had a couple of ok weeks so due not to turn up in the first half next week

Won't be surprised but will be disappointed if we are out of the game at quarter time next week
Also for god sake tag Zorko last year was a complete embarrassment with him getting possessions at will

I'm on board with rebuild but every so often where we don't turn up is very frustrating

Don't like it but losses against Port and the Bush at least showed character

A bad loss to Brisbane and a lack of effort goes into Freo and GC match category -winnable games where we aren't switched on at the start and dont show character required

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

I’m at the freo Brisbane game.

Brisbane are very disciplined with their defensive structure and preventing freo from transitioning the ball.

They will kill us.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

One change for me. Thomas in for Graham.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

grrofunger wrote:

Brisbane are very disciplined with their defensive structure and preventing freo from transitioning the ball.

They will kill us.

17th thrashing 18th :eek: :eek: :eek:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Brisbane will likely be two games clear of us after this game.

This possibility alone should have our players @#$%&! seething.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes and our Nuffies think we don't need a priority pick but both Brisbane and GC won't rule it out

Apparently Chad Liddle led the charge on no priority pick according to Judd on FC why the board would be influenced by a CEO on L plates dictate this is absurd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

grrofunger wrote:

They will kill us.

What colours you wearing?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

frank dardew wrote:
Yes and our Nuffies think we don't need a priority pick but both Brisbane and GC won't rule it out

Apparently Chad Liddle led the charge on no priority pick according to Judd on FC why the board would be influenced by a CEO on L plates dictate this is absurd

Has the possibility been considered by anyone that we've actually asked the AFL about it, and they said "No way, but you can control the narrative any way you want"?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:03 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

frank dardew wrote:

pick up your lip and get over it frank ! :razz:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Rayner might get a RS nom too. More momentum.

#GUILTY

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next