Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Kreuzer late out for McKay?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

Rexy wrote:

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1014816658060337153

But Bolton only selects players in form. :wink:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:35 pm 
Geoff Southby

diesel_85 wrote:
Kreuzer late out for McKay?

That would be good

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

Just to play devils advocate; we played some of our best footy last year with a backline of Weitering, Jones, Marchbank and Plowman. At times Alex Silvagni was in that group too. Tall backline doesn’t necessarily mean doom and gloom.

Also, Kreuzer has to play when fit, one of our top 5 players. Good luck dropping Phillips after last weeks strong performance too. I don’t like the 2 ruckmen, but I do like rewarding form.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:45 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

There are two Carltons: the push the opposition for three quarters only to bottle it in the last Carlton, or the 8 goals down at quarter time Carlton. I fear this game will be the second one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:30 am 
John James

This is where we cement another nubmer 1 pick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:45 am 
Craig Bradley

cecil89 wrote:
Just to play devils advocate; we played some of our best footy last year with a backline of Weitering, Jones, Marchbank and Plowman. At times Alex Silvagni was in that group too. Tall backline doesn’t necessarily mean doom and gloom.

Also, Kreuzer has to play when fit, one of our top 5 players. Good luck dropping Phillips after last weeks strong performance too. I don’t like the 2 ruckmen, but I do like rewarding form.

I know you're playing a Devil's Advocate but there is our problem. To pick a properly balanced side sometimes players are unlucky. You don't reward form to the extent of totally unbalancing your side. You pick a side to play to their strengths. We pick 4 tall defender because we think they deserve to play, watch our lack of rebound from defence, an important part of the modern game, and then we pick as ruckman who'll spend half a game forward, a role he his no good at, because we think he deserves to play. That's how you lose games. I'm all for rewarding for but not to the extent of screwing up the side. You don't pick two wicket keepers because one filled in and did well the previous Test and doesn't deserve to be dropped. Good sides play players in their correct roles. Rucks play ruck, forwards play forward. 2 rucks has failed us 1000 times, to me, as unlucky as Phillips would be, you don't go back there.

Alex Silvagni is quick and can play on tall and small.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:19 am 
Geoff Southby

I agree too tall, again.

I know many of our running players are either unavailable or not very good, but rewarding form over the top of a balanced side seems very odd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:32 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Maybe Kreuzer will play in the midfield and tag Zorko or maybe we'll just not tag him as usual.

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Anyone forward would be better than what Casboult dished up last week.
Phillips went forward once marked and kicked goals.
I would rather have Kruezer forward at least he follows up chases and tackles
Side is tall but the games in Brisbane usually have congested forward 50
Casboult has been offering nothing need to try something

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:43 am 
Robert Walls

99prelim wrote:
Siegfried wrote:
deano35 wrote:
Why the heck is Rowe still in yet McKay doesn't play anywhere this week.
The coaches all said he needs 4 quarters and consistancy well how the hell does he get it by not playing at all at any level.
Worst backline ever.
Land of giants....

Agree. Way too tall, as it has been most of the year. Four key talls and they only have two key forwards.

We are ensuring that we don't win, even though we probably wouldn't have anyway

Our number 1 pick will be worth a kings ransom to adelaide

Yup - that's how I'm seeing it as well

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You know what's going to happen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

17th v 18th and we are $3.10 to win??

How far have we fallen?

Wow what a cluster “flower” this season been.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:37 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Heavs wrote:
I just want to see someone really long-term damage mathieson if he ducks into them again. If you're going to be giving away a free kick for high contact make it worthwhile and fracture his larynx.

Paging Cam Wood:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jim wrote:
cecil89 wrote:

I know you're playing a Devil's Advocate but there is our problem. To pick a properly balanced side sometimes players are unlucky. You don't reward form to the extent of totally unbalancing your side. You pick a side to play to their strengths. We pick 4 tall defender because we think they deserve to play, watch our lack of rebound from defence, an important part of the modern game, and then we pick as ruckman who'll spend half a game forward, a role he his no good at, because we think he deserves to play. That's how you lose games. I'm all for rewarding for but not to the extent of screwing up the side. You don't pick two wicket keepers because one filled in and did well the previous Test and doesn't deserve to be dropped. Good sides play players in their correct roles. Rucks play ruck, forwards play forward. 2 rucks has failed us 1000 times, to me, as unlucky as Phillips would be, you don't go back there.

Surely you exaggerate.
Last week Levi kicked 0-3, took two marks I can think of on the wing and was slaughtered in the ruck duels by Westhoff.
If Phillips kicks one goal (or four behinds), takes two or more marks around the ground and gets a few hit outs we are already in front.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Sombrero wrote:
jim wrote:
cecil89 wrote:

Surely you exaggerate.
Last week Levi kicked 0-3, took two marks I can think of on the wing and was slaughtered in the ruck duels by Westhoff.
If Phillips kicks one goal (or four behinds), takes two or more marks around the ground and gets a few hit outs we are already in front.

No, i don't. I assume you know something about football. I'd be playing McKay or Kerr ahead of Phillips. Both are emergencies so they're fit. If you've followed football you would know our rucks are terrible forwards and one will be there at near all times. If you know your football you'd realise you play players in their correct roles to get the most out of them. Why would you play a ruckman forward when you could play a forward there. You'd know playing Phillips and Kreuzer together has failed us every time as both are first rucks who need to play the majority of the game on the ball, not interchanging up forward up forward where they are no good. Good sides play players to their their strengths and pick a side to their strengths. Carlton is not a good side for a few reasons, those being one of them. I think it's time for some sackings.

Definition of insanity....doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Adam Chatfield wrote:
I agree too tall, again.

I know many of our running players are either unavailable or not very good, but rewarding form over the top of a balanced side seems very odd

Agree very tall team to put on the park. There may well be a plan in place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

verbs wrote:
Heavs wrote:
I just want to see someone really long-term damage mathieson if he ducks into them again. If you're going to be giving away a free kick for high contact make it worthwhile and fracture his larynx.

Paging Cam Wood:

That was the best 50m penalty ever given away. Let them know if you duck you'll get your head ripped off and hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
Anyone forward would be better than what Casboult dished up last week.
Phillips went forward once marked and kicked goals.
I would rather have Kruezer forward at least he follows up chases and tackles
Side is tall but the games in Brisbane usually have congested forward 50
Casboult has been offering nothing need to try something

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You're so anti-Casboult so anything you say about him is not to be taken serious. it'd be shit. I'd back Casboult injured and out of form to kick more goals than Phillips most weeks. I don't judge on one week and judge like you to fuel an agenda. I'll look at careers. Levi rucked ok last year and kicked 34 goals. Phillips and Kreuzer would be lucky to get half of that combined. Only a dummy of the highest order,or someone with a hate-filled agenda, would say otherwise.

With Levi getting his touch back after his injury you'd play another key forward.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:03 pm 
Horrie Clover

jim wrote:
cecil89 wrote:

spot on

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next