Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

BlueDW wrote:
15 f*****g years since we were a decent club. Should have won today, and if polson had made a decent decision with ball in hand about 5 mins in last, were a big chance. But alas he punctuated disposal decision with a fukn 50m penalty and game was over within another 5 mins. We are the 1900s stkilda of the 2000s!!! Combined Elliott, Sticks, Pagan and Malthouse have destroyed my love for the club and the game and I am so bitter that they have destroyed what was the great joy of my life! Gutted!

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread boys...

Goodness me. Not too sure what to say.

How very sad.

If today didn't provide you with any hope, then it may be time for you to have a rest from the Blues.

Yep, we were worse than poor for 20 mins of footy.

But we were more than competitive for a significant part of the match and indeed we dominated a top 8 team for much of it.

It is turning, we will be great again, I hope you and your 3 young kids are all on board to enjoy the ride!

OR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Pros: Terrific to see the great man Bruce Doull in the crowd.

Cons: This season can't finish soon enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Age and experience comparison.

Attachments:
CARPTA.PNG
CARPTA.PNG [ 8.14 KiB | Viewed 3526 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
Nearly 2 years without scoring 100 pts! Doesn't anyone else find that embarrassing???

Lol
Is that you Kane Cornes?

So I'm wrong to think that pathetic?

Yep.
Finally we can see how exciting it is gonna be. Wrong time to lose faith but it's up to you. Doubt you will get a lot of support tonite. Perhaps Nellie..err Braithy might agree.
Cheers.
We have a Crying Room for long rants and a decent bar in there as well.

Love your work BG72. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cazzesman wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Aside from 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter and 10 minutes in the last quarter, I thought we served it right up to them.

and there was the tale of the tape. 20 mins of poor footy and the game was done.

Big Kudos for Phillips. I thought he battled manfully with zero support. When he went off and Levi went into the ruck was when the root set in for the next 10 mins. Phillips is a better ruckman than Kreuz IMHO.

SPS needs to have a good hard look at where he is at. His dinky shite is schoolyard stuff. Zero hurt factor.
Poulson is a baby but I can't see what he will bring to the team. I guess time will tell.
Mullet is just not up to it but I realise he only gets a game due to injuries.
SOS Jnr might go well back there when he acclimatises to the role.
Garlett needs to beeline the ball and take the hits as required.

Regards Cazzesman

Cazz thanks. A man of your reputation echoing my thoughts (and post) on SPS, Gartlett and Polson is vindication enough for me....l thought l may have gone in to hard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

BlueDW wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Aside from 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter and 10 minutes in the last quarter, I thought we served it right up to them.

and there was the tale of the tape. 20 mins of poor footy and the game was done.

Big Kudos for Phillips. I thought he battled manfully with zero support. When he went off and Levi went into the ruck was when the root set in for the next 10 mins. Phillips is a better ruckman than Kreuz IMHO.

SPS needs to have a good hard look at where he is at. His dinky shite is schoolyard stuff. Zero hurt factor.
Poulson is a baby but I can't see what he will bring to the team. I guess time will tell.

Regards Cazzesman

You're being kind Caz, as is your way! We,aren't close at the moment...Polson literally cost us today's game today with 30 seconds of patheticness!!! Shows nothing!

I remember when a young Simpson made a much worse skill error costing us a win against Essendon*, lucky we didn't write him off aye, that would have been when Simmo was about 100 games in too. How many games has Polson played?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:58 pm 
John James

smithy wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

You're being kind Caz, as is your way! We,aren't close at the moment...Polson literally cost us today's game today with 30 seconds of patheticness!!! Shows nothing!

I remember when a young Simpson made a much worse skill error costing us a win against Essendon**, lucky we didn't write him off aye, that would have been when Simmo was about 100 games in too. How many games has Polson played?

When Polson plays his 300th game I will admit I'm wrong. Just wondering though, do you think he will play 50 games?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

smithy wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

I remember when a young Simpson made a much worse skill error costing us a win against Essendon**, lucky we didn't write him off aye, that would have been when Simmo was about 100 games in too. How many games has Polson played?

Remember that. In 2011. He dumped a short pass to Murphy out on the full. From the free kick Essendon* scored a point to draw the game. It was one of the all-time shocking kicks. Anyway, he's certainly kicked on from there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

BlueDW wrote:
smithy wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

I remember when a young Simpson made a much worse skill error costing us a win against Essendon***, lucky we didn't write him off aye, that would have been when Simmo was about 100 games in too. How many games has Polson played?

When Polson plays his 300th game I will admit I'm wrong. Just wondering though, do you think he will play 50 games?

I think if he is persisted until 50 games we'll have a very good player on our hands, we have given a lot worse players way more games than we have given Polson.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:05 pm 
John James

jim wrote:
smithy wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

I remember when a young Simpson made a much worse skill error costing us a win against Essendon***, lucky we didn't write him off aye, that would have been when Simmo was about 100 games in too. How many games has Polson played?

Remember that. In 2011. He dumped a short pass to Murphy out on the full. From the free kick Essendon** scored a point to draw the game. It was one of the all-time shocking kicks. Anyway, he's certainly kicked on from there.

That was only 7 seasons ago, he was already a proven afl player by then...Polson will never be able to say that I fear.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

DocSherrin III wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Also, 26k is pretty @#$%&! ordinary for only our 7th 300 game player. 8th if you count Mick Martyn.

Yeah, it was pretty barren. Port supporters almost as loud.

@#$%&! disgraceful. We had a 300th to celebrate and a little over 20,000 Carlton supporters show up? I don't get it...I mean - I understand frustration with the club (been there, done that), and I understand that supporters might not show up to a game they think we might lose by plenty...but surely those things are irrelevant when a clubman the caliber of Kade Simpson plays 300 games? Hundreds left with mere minutes remaining! WTF?! FFS... ok...rant over. Plenty to like about today...there's plenty of light at the end of the tunnel.

+1 how could people walk out not wanting to pay tribute to Simmo being chaired off?

26,000 and that is with members being offered a free ticket to bring a plus one along, and free tickets being offered outside the ground.

Pathetic. At least the boys turned up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Nick wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Also, 26k is pretty @#$%&! ordinary for only our 7th 300 game player. 8th if you count Mick Martyn.

Yeah, it was pretty barren. Port supporters almost as loud.

@#$%&! disgraceful. We had a 300th to celebrate and a little over 20,000 Carlton supporters show up? I don't get it...I mean - I understand frustration with the club (been there, done that), and I understand that supporters might not show up to a game they think we might lose by plenty...but surely those things are irrelevant when a clubman the caliber of Kade Simpson plays 300 games? Hundreds left with mere minutes remaining! WTF?! FFS... ok...rant over. Plenty to like about today...there's plenty of light at the end of the tunnel.

+1 how could people walk out not wanting to pay tribute to Simmo being chaired off?

26,000 and that is with members being offered a free ticket to bring a plus one along, and free tickets being offered outside the ground.

Pathetic. At least the boys turned up.

I come down with my young bloke for one game a year and I'm embarrassed I wasn't there today. The 20k odd Melbourne based members should take a look at themselves

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Regards Cazzesman[/quote]

You're being kind Caz, as is your way! We,aren't close at the moment...Polson literally cost us today's game today with 30 seconds of patheticness!!! Shows nothing![/quote]

I remember when a young Simpson made a much worse skill error costing us a win against Essendon****, lucky we didn't write him off aye, that would have been when Simmo was about 100 games in too. How many games has Polson played?[/quote]

Remember that. In 2011. He dumped a short pass to Murphy out on the full. From the free kick Essendon*** scored a point to draw the game. It was one of the all-time shocking kicks. Anyway, he's certainly kicked on from there.[/quote]

That was only 7 seasons ago, he was already a proven afl player by then...Polson will never be able to say that I fear.[/quote]

We'll if everyone keeps f***** writing him off after one bad mistake and after 5 or so games you might be right, but fair dinkum I've seen players like Rowe cost this club literally hundreds of goals because they weren't good enough; yet we can't give this guy who has undoubted talent 30 games? Fisher didn't look any better after his first 7 games a lot of people said he'd never make it too.
If after 50 games he is still no good I'll be happy to eat my words. Why was his mistake worse than Wright kicking it straight to the opposition 30 meters out?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

I think it’s safe to say that BlueDW won’t be swayed people.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:44 pm 
John James

Donstuie wrote:

I'll be swayed when we are winning more than half a dozen games a year! Sorry that my rose coloured glasses have fallen off, but 15 years of mediocrity will cause most reasonable people to lose faith!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

You're being kind Caz, as is your way! We,aren't close at the moment...Polson literally cost us today's game today with 30 seconds of patheticness!!! Shows nothing![/quote]

I remember when a young Simpson made a much worse skill error costing us a win against Essendon****, lucky we didn't write him off aye, that would have been when Simmo was about 100 games in too. How many games has Polson played?[/quote]

Remember that. In 2011. He dumped a short pass to Murphy out on the full. From the free kick Essendon*** scored a point to draw the game. It was one of the all-time shocking kicks. Anyway, he's certainly kicked on from there.[/quote]

That was only 7 seasons ago, he was already a proven afl player by then...Polson will never be able to say that I fear.[/quote]

Be doing well to be as good as Simmo but doesn't mean he can't be a good role player at some stage. If Simmo was making errors as an established players then a kid might make more. Don't expect miracles from a pick 59 but it doesn't mean you can't find a role for them. Polson won't be a star but he does show something and certainly alot better than some of our pick 50 somethings back a few years ago. Swans are experts at turning the ordinary into good by finding the right role for them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueDW wrote:

I'll be swayed when we are winning more than half a dozen games a year! Sorry that my rose coloured glasses have fallen off, but 15 years of mediocrity will cause most reasonable people to lose faith!

That's a long time. I don't think you've been that bad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:57 pm 
John James

Donstuie wrote:

I actually take offence at that, god knows how many times over the last 15 years I've had faith and spoken to my family about how things will be different this year, only to be let down...the last time was about 4 months ago! Even when I've been having a rant this afternoon/evening, no one has been able to tell me why I am wrong, only that I am. So if someone can tell me what I am wrong, without using using the terms green shoots, Cripps or curnow, then I am prepared to listen...however the fact is that there are still plenty in today's starting 22 that wouldn't get a game at any other club, unless someone can explain to me otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros
Charlie and Cripps
SIMMO

Phillips Jones Kennedy

Another game into Garlett Pickett Dow (who looks tired to me ) Polson Fisher SPS

Murph

Cons

2 goals 5 in 3rd quarter when they dominated should have been 5 goals 2 and then we win the game
Second quarter and 4th goal lapses prevent that and we win the game

Levi should not have played if he wasn't fit
I reckon people are a bit harsh on Polson and Garlett see some potential there

Port won't win a final at the MCG very lucky to win today

Frustrating we keep getting close no doubt if we had played with this commitment and spunk we would have gone very close in beating GC and Fremantle

Agree with OR plenty of green shoots today and imagine if we could access Byrne Williamson Marchbank Kreuzer Silvagni plow

Plow Marchbank Williamson Kreuz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:09 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

frank dardew wrote:
Pros
Charlie and Cripps
SIMMO

Phillips Jones Kennedy

Another game into Garlett Pickett Dow (who looks tired to me ) Polson Fisher SPS

Murph

Cons

2 goals 5 in 3rd quarter when they dominated should have been 5 goals 2 and then we win the game
Second quarter and 4th goal lapses prevent that and we win the game

Levi should not have played if he wasn't fit
I reckon people are a bit harsh on Polson and Garlett see some potential there

Port won't win a final at the MCG very lucky to win today

Frustrating we keep getting close no doubt if we had played with this commitment and spunk we would have gone very close in beating GC and Fremantle

Agree with OR plenty of green shoots today and imagine if we could access Byrne Williamson Marchbank Kreuzer Silvagni plow

Plow Marchbank Williamson Kreuz

The ONLY reason Levi and Rowe are there is to take a bit of heat away from Charlie, Weiters and Liam.

They'll be replaced by Harry and Marchbank ASAP I'd suggest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next