Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BlueDW wrote:
Nearly 2 years without scoring 100 pts! Doesn't anyone else find that embarrassing???

Lol
Is that you Kane Cornes?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:12 pm 
Serge Silvagni

There's always next week ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BlueDW wrote:
Nearly 2 years without scoring 100 pts! Doesn't anyone else find that embarrassing???

Dude, wrong week. Seriously, we've been waiting 15 years, what's 6 more months. Watch the replay, see where the drive came from and look at the trajectory we are on. Next year we'll be playing that first quarter style of footy for much longer periods as the younger blokes get into the 25-50 games as a unit zone.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Navy One wrote:
From the HeraldSun ....

"The third quarter belonged to Carlton, as they held an opponent scoreless for the first time in a quarter in five years. In contrast, the Blues added 2.5 in a third term based on pressure and sheer determination."

The wheels are slowly starting to turn

Congrats again Simmo ....... sensational game on your part

We did try hard, and that effort resulted in that great but wasted 3rd Q.....we needed to take our chances that Q against a better team. You knew they'd come hard in the last.

We've had such a long dark period. We're showing good signs now, with Crippa and Charlie consistently playing to a high level and the kids are looking promising. Add another no.1 draft pick, and maybe a Shiel type and we can challenge. But we must get it right this time....if we flower up this club is headed the way of the Roy Boys. Interesting times ahead.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

BlueDW wrote:
jim wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
15 f*****g years since we were a decent club. Should have won today, and if polson had made a decent decision with ball in hand about 5 mins in last, were a big chance. But alas he punctuated disposal decision with a fukn 50m penalty and game was over within another 5 mins. We are the 1900s stkilda of the 2000s!!! Combined Elliott, Sticks, Pagan and Malthouse have destroyed my love for the club and the game and I am so bitter that they have destroyed what was the great joy of my life! Gutted!

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread boys...

I'm sorry you see it that way
I am nothing but proud and impressed with what the boys showed today.
Polson yes, but wow the run and dare. Give him a chance...a few games maybe? So much to like. As DS wrote...guttwd because so clise but this was a top team and we still hve a few tht will not be there next year. It will make a world of difference. To get that close with that team is massive.
:thumbsup:

15 years since we were a decent club...except for a small period when we were carried by one player! 15 years!!! In that time only Melb have been worse, but even they found a way to present themselves as a club that decent players want to play at. What if Cripps left??? It's a bottomless pit as far as I can see...the whole green shoots thing got old long ago!

We did have a patch between 2009-11 but then we sacked the coach.

We've had alot of young kids go well this year. We have 2 absolute superstars. One win isn't good enough despite the injuries.

That "patch" was based more around one player rather than anything that was sustainable!

One player doesn't do that otherwise we'd be in the 8 based on the form of Curnow and Cripps. No such thing as one man team with 36 players on a big ground. Doesn't explain the other years when Juddy played well and we went shit. We had alot of cream at the top just the bottom half of those sides back then.

John James

bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
15 f*****g years since we were a decent club. Should have won today, and if polson had made a decent decision with ball in hand about 5 mins in last, were a big chance. But alas he punctuated disposal decision with a fukn 50m penalty and game was over within another 5 mins. We are the 1900s stkilda of the 2000s!!! Combined Elliott, Sticks, Pagan and Malthouse have destroyed my love for the club and the game and I am so bitter that they have destroyed what was the great joy of my life! Gutted!

Polson yes, but wow the run and dare. Give him a chance...a few games maybe? So much to like. As DS wrote...guttwd because so clise but this was a top team and we still hve a few tht will not be there next year. It will make a world of difference. To get that close with that team is massive.

15 years since we were a decent club...except for a small period when we were carried by one player! 15 years!!! In that time only Melb have been worse, but even they found a way to present themselves as a club that decent players want to play at. What if Cripps left??? It's a bottomless pit as far as I can see...the whole green shoots thing got old long ago!

We've all been there with you.
No longer green shoots
More like nice crop of new lawn I reckon.

I can't see it, I could name 8 players from today's team that are no better than ordinary, or have no real place at AFL level in a decent team. Some of which are experienced, or just plain crap...I'll name them. Lamb, Rowe, mullet, Garlett, polson, graham, casboult...and at a pinch wright, Kennedy, jones. I defy anyone to argue with me that any of the above mentioned would get a game at a d cent team. 15 years!

Mike Fitzpatrick

As long as there is effort ... it’s all good ... for now ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

BlueDW wrote:

Not that many 100s these days. Overall, it's the lowest scoring season since 1968.

We are trailblazers in that regards. We started low scoring a few years ago and everyone followed....lol!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:22 pm 
John James

bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:

Lol
Is that you Kane Cornes?

So I'm wrong to think that pathetic?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

Any loss under 30 points should be considered a victory, as we’re getting losses into the young players.

It was a courageous loss so to speak, it was a loss where they “did it for Simmo.”

Any match where there is a competitive ruckman wearing Blue, and where Carlton scores more than 50 points is really a victory, except in reality.

It was a loss against all odds. It was another loss to add to the loss the week before and the week before that and the week before that, but in terms of losses this was another one to add to the list, but at least it was courageously lost.

Last edited by tap in 79 on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:23 pm 
John James

jim wrote:
BlueDW wrote:

Not that many 100s these days. Overall, it's the lowest scoring season since 1968.

We are trailblazers in that regards. We started low scoring a few years ago and everyone followed....lol!!!!!

:donk:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

DocSherrin III wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Also, 26k is pretty @#$%&! ordinary for only our 7th 300 game player. 8th if you count Mick Martyn.

Yeah, it was pretty barren. Port supporters almost as loud.

@#$%&! disgraceful. We had a 300th to celebrate and a little over 20,000 Carlton supporters show up? I don't get it...I mean - I understand frustration with the club (been there, done that), and I understand that supporters might not show up to a game they think we might lose by plenty...but surely those things are irrelevant when a clubman the caliber of Kade Simpson plays 300 games? Hundreds left with mere minutes remaining! WTF?! FFS... ok...rant over. Plenty to like about today...there's plenty of light at the end of the tunnel.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:27 pm 
John James

Heavs wrote:
BlueDW wrote:

Dude, wrong week. Seriously, we've been waiting 15 years, what's 6 more months. Watch the replay, see where the drive came from and look at the trajectory we are on. Next year we'll be playing that first quarter style of footy for much longer periods as the younger blokes get into the 25-50 games as a unit zone.

Hhhmmm....where have I heard that before? 15 years is a long time, my family (3 young kids), laugh at the fact that we are always down the bottom. One thing is sure, there won't be membership dollars from my son and myself in 2019. Sorry for feeling like 15 years is too long "DUDE, it's only a third of my life!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

BlueDW wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:

We've all been there with you.
No longer green shoots
More like nice crop of new lawn I reckon.

I can't see it, I could name 8 players from today's team that are no better than ordinary, or have no real place at AFL level in a decent team. Some of which are experienced, or just plain crap...I'll name them. Lamb, Rowe, mullet, Garlett, polson, graham, casboult...and at a pinch wright, Kennedy, jones. I defy anyone to argue with me that any of the above mentioned would get a game at a d cent team. 15 years!

Garlett and Polson will be ok down the track. Kennedy's starting to go pretty well now. Wright's been good but have a bad year. There's a number of young kids not playing yet that will eventually come in and did well in the ensuring years.

You'll be surprised who gets games at other clubs. How said that about Laidler. He ended up playing in a Grand Final.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BlueDW wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:

Lol
Is that you Kane Cornes?

So I'm wrong to think that pathetic?

Yep.
Finally we can see how exciting it is gonna be. Wrong time to lose faith but it's up to you. Doubt you will get a lot of support tonite. Perhaps Nellie..err Braithy might agree.
Cheers.
We have a Crying Room for long rants and a decent bar in there as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

aboynamedsue wrote:
Aside from 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter and 10 minutes in the last quarter, I thought we served it right up to them.

and there was the tale of the tape. 20 mins of poor footy and the game was done.

Big Kudos for Phillips. I thought he battled manfully with zero support. When he went off and Levi went into the ruck was when the root set in for the next 10 mins. Phillips is a better ruckman than Kreuz IMHO.

SPS needs to have a good hard look at where he is at. His dinky shite is schoolyard stuff. Zero hurt factor.
Poulson is a baby but I can't see what he will bring to the team. I guess time will tell.
Mullet is just not up to it but I realise he only gets a game due to injuries.
SOS Jnr might go well back there when he acclimatises to the role.
Garlett needs to beeline the ball and take the hits as required.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:35 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Cazzesman wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Aside from 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter and 10 minutes in the last quarter, I thought we served it right up to them.

and there was the tale of the tape. 20 mins of poor footy and the game was done.

Big Kudos for Phillips. I thought he battled manfully with zero support. When he went off and Levi went into the ruck was when the root set in for the next 10 mins. Phillips is a better ruckman than Kreuz IMHO.

SPS needs to have a good hard look at where he is at. His dinky shite is schoolyard stuff. Zero hurt factor.
Poulson is a baby but I can't see what he will bring to the team. I guess time will tell.

Regards Cazzesman

Not the only thinking that about Phillips and SPS.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:40 pm 
John James

Cazzesman wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

You're being kind Caz, as is your way! We,aren't close at the moment...Polson literally cost us today's game today with 30 seconds of patheticness!!! Shows nothing!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:43 pm 
Bert Deacon

My hands up here

I have been too harsh on the kids, Simmos documentary reminded me of that. If he was a first year player we would all be calling for his head. Instead we were patient and gained a great of our club. I’m not saying all these kids will get there, but some might and geez it must be hard when your basically all trying to make it at the same time.

The effort was there today, that’s the line in the sand, the standard for the rest of the year. That’s all we can ask.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Cazzesman wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Kreuzer is a better player though and will always be first choice ruckman. Last year he should've been All- Australian.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next