Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Bottom six or so players cost us - we know who they are.
Also the likes of SPS, Fisher and Dow will have a lot more influence in a couple of years.
Plenty of green shoots.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:10 pm 
John James

15 f*****g years since we were a decent club. Should have won today, and if polson had made a decent decision with ball in hand about 5 mins in last, were a big chance. But alas he punctuated disposal decision with a fukn 50m penalty and game was over within another 5 mins. We are the 1900s stkilda of the 2000s!!! Combined Elliott, Sticks, Pagan and Malthouse have destroyed my love for the club and the game and I am so bitter that they have destroyed what was the great joy of my life! Gutted!

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread boys...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

To think Charlie missed out on last years Rising Star to McGrath, and Cripps to Hogan.
Joke of an Award.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If Kruezer Kerr and Mackay are available for selection next week and Bolton picks Casboult to play .I would tell Bolton to pack up his desk order him a Taxi and tell him the cheques in the mail.
I am longing for the days of Ackland Maclaren and Deluca everytime I watch Levi.
Please don't try tell me he was underdone because he plays like that 5 out of 6 weeks.
Apart from that just some minor errors cost us .
They had a dip.
I don't think their would to many 300 game players who rack up 37 possessions
Murphy not bad either
Another 5 tackles and had a hand in creating a few goals.
Garlett unlucky not to have 2 against his name but we need more from him.
Wright is off the boil and has been for sometime
Phillips was good
Charlie is a superstar as id Crippa
Lamb not doing enough ssme can be said for Mullet.
Polson has a go just some small errors
SOS bust his arse every week but needs to find a bit more.
Jones had a good 1st half
Phillips is our best ruckman
Tried again but you just knew it was going to be a disappointing finish

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BlueDW wrote:
15 f*****g years since we were a decent club. Should have won today, and if polson had made a decent decision with ball in hand about 5 mins in last, were a big chance. But alas he punctuated disposal decision with a fukn 50m penalty and game was over within another 5 mins. We are the 1900s stkilda of the 2000s!!! Combined Elliott, Sticks, Pagan and Malthouse have destroyed my love for the club and the game and I am so bitter that they have destroyed what was the great joy of my life! Gutted!

I'm sorry you see it that way
I am nothing but proud and impressed with what the boys showed today.
Polson yes, but wow the run and dare. Give him a chance...a few games maybe? So much to like. As DS wrote...gutted because so close but this was a top team and we still have a few that will not be there next year. It will make a world of difference. To get that close with that team is massive.
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Pros
Endeavour by the majority of the team
Simmo 37 disposals in his 300th
Charlie our sole forward
Jones was good

Cons
Gartlett squibbed a few (don’t like this in a player)
SPS not sure what boots he was wearing but spent a lot of time on the tarmac slipping and sliding
Levi what can one say...an extremely limited footballer injury or not
Polson is not ready and l have my doubts whether he’ll ever be
A fifth wooden spoon beckons....Lions will be up for us next week

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:26 pm 
John James

bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:

Polson yes, but wow the run and dare. Give him a chance...a few games maybe? So much to like. As DS wrote...guttwd because so clise but this was a top team and we still hve a few tht will not be there next year. It will make a world of difference. To get that close with that team is massive.

15 years since we were a decent club...except for a small period when we were carried by one player! 15 years!!! In that time only Melb have been worse, but even they found a way to present themselves as a club that decent players want to play at. What if Cripps left??? It's a bottomless pit as far as I can see...the whole green shoots thing got old long ago!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:27 pm 
John James

GreatEx wrote:
Gee Port Adelaide have a shit song, no wonder they go with INXS instead.

I'd swap a shit song for a decent team!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Also, 26k is pretty @#$%&! ordinary for only our 7th 300 game player. 8th if you count Mick Martyn.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Disgrace the way the vermin was rewarded when he went to ground and brought the high contact on himself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

Heavs wrote:
Also, 26k is pretty @#$%&! ordinary for only our 7th 300 game player. 8th if you count Mick Martyn.

Yeah, it was pretty barren. Port supporters almost as loud.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Did they show the crowd figure on the scoreboard?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Around 27k

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

BlueDW wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:

Polson yes, but wow the run and dare. Give him a chance...a few games maybe? So much to like. As DS wrote...guttwd because so clise but this was a top team and we still hve a few tht will not be there next year. It will make a world of difference. To get that close with that team is massive.

15 years since we were a decent club...except for a small period when we were carried by one player! 15 years!!! In that time only Melb have been worse, but even they found a way to present themselves as a club that decent players want to play at. What if Cripps left??? It's a bottomless pit as far as I can see...the whole green shoots thing got old long ago!

We did have a patch between 2009-11 but then we sacked the coach.

We've had alot of young kids go well this year. We have 2 absolute superstars. One win isn't good enough despite the injuries.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

From the HeraldSun ....

"The third quarter belonged to Carlton, as they held an opponent scoreless for the first time in a quarter in five years. In contrast, the Blues added 2.5 in a third term based on pressure and sheer determination."

The wheels are slowly starting to turn

Congrats again Simmo ....... sensational game on your part

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
Another of those games that leaves you both proud and infuriated at the same time.

Proud of the effort, the comradery, the passion, and the promise of what’s to come (aka green shoots).

Infuriated by the “moments” that undo everything else, the missed opportunities, the 50/50s that didn’t go our way (has a goal review EVER favoured us??), knowing if you had a fit squad or better mid-20s personnel the result would’ve been different.

Today had it all, a game of “if only’s”.

But I’ll only say that anyone that looks at us and doesn’t see anything to make them think “you know what, we can work with that” needs their head or eyes examined.

You can be unhappy with the loss (which we all are), but find things within to be happy about. The last two weeks have had plenty of these, but it’s the other shit we need to move beyond.

Humpers wrote:
Bottom six or so players cost us - we know who they are.
Also the likes of SPS, Fisher and Dow will have a lot more influence in a couple of years.
Plenty of green shoots.

this and this

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:09 pm 
John James

Nearly 2 years without scoring 100 pts! Doesn't anyone else find that embarrassing???

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:10 pm 
John James

jim wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:

We did have a patch between 2009-11 but then we sacked the coach.

We've had alot of young kids go well this year. We have 2 absolute superstars. One win isn't good enough despite the injuries.

That "patch" was based more around one player rather than anything that was sustainable!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Donstuie wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty barren. Port supporters almost as loud.

@#$%&! disgraceful. We had a 300th to celebrate and a little over 20,000 Carlton supporters show up? I don't get it...I mean - I understand frustration with the club (been there, done that), and I understand that supporters might not show up to a game they think we might lose by plenty...but surely those things are irrelevant when a clubman the caliber of Kade Simpson plays 300 games? Hundreds left with mere minutes remaining! WTF?! FFS... ok...rant over. Plenty to like about today...there's plenty of light at the end of the tunnel.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BlueDW wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
BlueDW wrote:

We've all been there with you.
No longer green shoots
More like nice crop of new lawn I reckon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next