Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Vet to step down
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'd go for Neil Balme just for the reaction :lol:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
bluebo baggers wrote:
Anyone know the likely candidates at other clubs who could be looked at to replace him?

I’m tipping MLG will appoint whoever SOS tells him to appoint :wink:

As long as it’s not SOS.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bluebo baggers wrote:
Anyone know the likely candidates at other clubs who could be looked at to replace him?

maybe Wayne Campbell...?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

James Sutherland has nothing better to do...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
I knew you'd be happy Braithy

Loved macca as a player. but jeez ... he's been such an integral part of our last two decades of disappointment.

i'm excited to see this, and really excited to see who replaces him.

You are the man, expert in your own mind. This is your chance, when do you start!!

Post subject: Re: The Vet to setp down
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Not sure how much Macca had to do with Malthouse or our recruiting so it's a bit hard to judge him.

Like Sticks, he'll always be a great Carlton player who I give thanks and appreciation to.

He was largely responsible for either tabling, or endorsing, most of the stupid contract decisions that have helped create the logjam in our list and cap management. It's only because of some serious un-f!@#$g that SOS/Bolts and co. have been driving that we are in a now position with a core group of young guns, are able to retain the best of them and still have an enviable war chest for the coming few years.

McKay was as bad an administrator as Sticks and it belies belief he survived this long.

Marcus Davies and Aaron Joseph 2 year contracts spring to mind.

:wink:

McKay took on the role of football department manager with Ratts as coach, the following year the Board sacked Ratts and appointed Madhouse, I am not sure how much control he had of football department during the Madhouse years as it was understood that Madhouse had full control of the football operations. McKay performance can only be judged once MLG took over and gave control and responsibility to the head of each department. In this environment I believe that McKay has done a good job and I sincerely thank him for his service and wish him the best in his future endeavors.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Mike Fitzpatrick says hi too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

muzza wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Mike Fitzpatrick says hi too.

No!! No!! No!! we have braithy and sb to steer us thru the to the next mellenium!! lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

Steve_C7 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Not sure how much Macca had to do with Malthouse or our recruiting so it's a bit hard to judge him.

Like Sticks, he'll always be a great Carlton player who I give thanks and appreciation to.

He was largely responsible for either tabling, or endorsing, most of the stupid contract decisions that have helped create the logjam in our list and cap management. It's only because of some serious un-f!@#$g that SOS/Bolts and co. have been driving that we are in a now position with a core group of young guns, are able to retain the best of them and still have an enviable war chest for the coming few years.

McKay was as bad an administrator as Sticks and it belies belief he survived this long.

McKay took on the role of football department manager with Ratts as coach, the following year the Board sacked Ratts and appointed Madhouse, I am not sure how much control he had of football department during the Madhouse years as it was understood that Madhouse had full control of the football operations. McKay performance can only be judged once MLG took over and gave control and responsibility to the head of each department. In this environment I believe that McKay has done a good job and I sincerely thank him for his service and wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Spot on Steve.When Macca got real control he shone.And he had e.ff all control in his first years FACT............As you state Steve,when MLG took over he got to have a say.............Andy Mac,a FANTASTIC Carlton person.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 pm 
Robert Walls

Noonamah Blue wrote:
Braithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

Loved macca as a player. but jeez ... he's been such an integral part of our last two decades of disappointment.

He’s been back at Carlton for 7 years. How does that equate to two decades?

In vet years

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Steve_C7 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Rexy wrote:

The two year deals to Davies and Joseph were given prior to Malthouse appointment.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Rexy wrote:

The two year deals to Davies and Joseph were given prior to Malthouse appointment.

Have you never made a business decision that came back to haunt you?

Because if you haven’t then you’re not doing your job very well.

When I’m seriously on my game and performing at my optimum I reckon I nail 80% of my decisions.

Which means I @#$%&! up 20%.

And that’s pretty @#$%&! excellent.

Because if I’m getting 100% right then I’m not taking enough risks.

And yes, the decisions you highlight may have been blindingly wrong to many others but that’s the point - someone in particular has to make that call and for a variety of reasons that we’re not all privy to, sometimes they’re going to get some of them wrong.

I have no idea how effective or otherwise McKay has been at his job. Without being in the inner sanctum all I can go on is hearsay and the rantings of unhinged web warriors.

But I think it’s highly likely he gave his best effort to do his job well and got a number of things right along the way to go with those things he got wrong.

And the funny thing is that for every one of those decisions you or I think was right there’ll be someone out there who thinks it was wrong.

And vice versa.

Jordan Murdoch says “Hi!”. :smile:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Plaudits to Andrew McKay as a player - tough as nails, used to always get the job on Nathan Buckley and rarely lowered his colours to him.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

:lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 am 
Bruce Doull

Never got caught holding the ball either

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:45 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Triggered wrote:
Braithy wrote:

You are the man, expert in your own mind. This is your chance, when do you start!!

lol triggered.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:48 am 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
Noonamah Blue wrote:
Braithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

He’s been back at Carlton for 7 years. How does that equate to two decades?

In vet years

:grin:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:22 am 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Without knowing how much money they were on and where they fitted in Ratts future plans how can you judge the contract?

Assume that they were on base salary and were given a couple years after the standard draftee contact to prove themselves, was this a bad decision, particularly based on how our recruitment department was performing?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:25 am 
Laurie Kerr

Josh Mahoney could find himself moving clubs to fill the position. Respected but overlooked at Melbourne for the CEO role. Was in the mix to be appointed until the President decided on his own 'Captain's call' and went for Pert...

Would be good in the role. Had to fight for his career as a player. Doing a very good job at the Dees.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:37 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Chris Judd?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next