Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Assistant coaches
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mitchell to Hawks according to Barrett.

Cue "CARLTON IZ SHIT! NO ONE WANTS TO COME TO CALRTON!!! SAKC!!!"

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:27 am 
Bruce Doull

No link to us, but a nice story...

Adrian Hickmott helps West Coast Eagles to AFL flag
Quote:
ADRIAN Hickmott, born at Clear Lake, has tasted the ultimate success in football, being part of West Coast’s thrilling AFL grand final win against Collingwood in Melbourne on Saturday.

Hickmott, an assistant coach with the Eagles, has been with the club since 2012 and has now helped guide the club to a premiership.

Hickmott never won a premiership as a player during his 184-game career with Geelong and Carlton, despite playing in three grand finals in the 1990s.

Earlier this year, he told the Mail-Times that it had hurt not to win a flag as a player.

“I think every AFL player’s dream is to win a grand final, so it stings not to win one but on the other side it’s fantastic to make one,” he said.

“I coach now to develop young players to the best of their ability and mine so they can hopefully achieve that goal of winning a premiership.”

The former Horsham footballer can now lay claim to having been a part of a grand final win.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:36 am 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
No link to us, but a nice story...

Adrian Hickmott helps West Coast Eagles to AFL flag
Quote:
ADRIAN Hickmott, born at Clear Lake, has tasted the ultimate success in football, being part of West Coast’s thrilling AFL grand final win against Collingwood in Melbourne on Saturday.

Hickmott, an assistant coach with the Eagles, has been with the club since 2012 and has now helped guide the club to a premiership.

Hickmott never won a premiership as a player during his 184-game career with Geelong and Carlton, despite playing in three grand finals in the 1990s.

Earlier this year, he told the Mail-Times that it had hurt not to win a flag as a player.

“I think every AFL player’s dream is to win a grand final, so it stings not to win one but on the other side it’s fantastic to make one,” he said.

“I coach now to develop young players to the best of their ability and mine so they can hopefully achieve that goal of winning a premiership.”

The former Horsham footballer can now lay claim to having been a part of a grand final win.

Great story.

I wonder if he was also sending a subliminal message to Gaff? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 pm 
Robert Walls

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-1 ... -the-blues

It's good that they acknowledge the coaches need a sounding board, and it's nice that it's a Blues champion... but I'm not sure about this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:38 pm 
Robert Walls

With Hawthorn already deciding on Bailey and Newman hopefully that means Mitchell comes to us. I think he would bring a lot to us considering how well WC’s midfield went this year even after Gaff was rubbed out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mitchell is going to the Hawks

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

is it my imagination or do we really battle to attract quality in this area?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:58 pm 
Ken Hands

Mitchell officially back at Hawthorn.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-05/hawks-to-welcome-back-premiership-skipper

Post subject: Assistant coaches
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

billc3 wrote:

There's been a lot of 'doesn't make sense' about the Cats and Hawks over the last few years..... All put down to the 'we love each other/want to play together' crap...

If that's true, their player managers are incompetent.

I have no proof....

But lot's of (fairly obvious) weird things going on

Go Blues.

scottopee wrote:
Last year Cats retired Lonergan, Mackie and Motlop left and the year before Stevie J and Caddy was traded plus all the C Graders they move on why wouldn't they have money for a mid range salary in $550,000??
Hawks are the same they move and retire big name players Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis.

billc3 wrote:

:lol:
Mitchell....

Go to WCE because they want him for a year and then to be an assistant.... Lowest payed player and highest paid rookie assistant was he?... Paid by WCE footy department... Rumours flying around then (Simpson got them out of a Salary cap debacle)... Doesn't look any less suspect if he packs his bags and comes straight back to the Hawks does it?

.... And Lonergan /Bartel were probably the only significant retirees when they brought Dangerfield in.... So what were they paying these guys... Evry year before that they were supposedly getting peanuts to 'keep the guys together'?

Probably chicken and egg... Do the rumours start because the ins and outs don't match and there's whispers, or the ins don't match which starts rumours...
I don't know.....but the 'good management' line... over a long time, doesn't work

Go Blues

scottopee wrote:
What has what West Coast paid Mitchell got to do with Hawthorn clearing salary cap space??

I guess we might figure it out now....
Obviously the rumours were pretty close to the bone....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

My source of a couple of weeks ago was half right....but he was always going to Hawks, with a view to be senior coach in a couple of years. So who the hell do we get to help Bolts. God knows he needs help, and Barks is still there lol.

Coaching is our biggest problem now, not the list which is shaping nicely and will be even better next year.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

MIL wrote:
My source of a couple of weeks ago was half right....but he was always going to Hawks, with a view to be senior coach in a couple of years. So who the hell do we get to help Bolts. God knows he needs help, and Barks is still there lol.

Coaching is our biggest problem now, not the list which is shaping nicely and will be even better next year.

Yeah, na.. conditioning/medical staff is our biggest issue IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Carlton a possibility?

Key Hawks staffer poached by another club
Marc McGowan
Oct 6, 2018 11:36PM

How the Hawks made the ladder a lie
The highs and lows of Hawthorn's season in The Wash-Up
Hawthorn's elite performance manager Andrew Russell is set to leave the club - AFL,Hawthorn Hawks,Isaac Smith
Hawthorn's elite performance manager Andrew Russell is set to leave the club
Related

Star Hawk takes out second straight B&F

ANOTHER key member of Hawthorn's premiership dynasty has been poached, with elite performance manager Andrew Russell set to depart for a rival club.

Star wingman and vice-captain Isaac Smith let the news slip during his third-place speech at the club's Peter Crimmins Medal function on Saturday night.

Russell's standing at the club was evidenced by the gasp from guests in the Crown Palladium at Smith's shock announcement.

AFL.com.au understands he is still under contract and the Hawks are in negotiations with the other club.

Russell was previously Port Adelaide's fitness boss and worked at Essendon* before that, but ex-Hawthorn assistants-turned-senior coaches are littered across the AFL and he is a man in demand.

Hawks coach Alastair Clarkson, who has re-signed until 2022, recruited Russell from the Power to his team in 2005 and he has been at Waverley Park ever since.

Brownlow medallist Tom Mitchell, who won his second straight Peter Crimmins Medal on the night, praised Russell's impact on the playing group.

"The players love him, not only for the knowledge he passes on, but the relationship he has with you," Mitchell told AFL.com.au.

"He genuinely cares about all the players and wants to get the best out of everyone and wants to see everyone improve, so he's a great asset."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:17 am 
Robert Walls

Effes wrote:
Carlton a possibility?

Key Hawks staffer poached by another club
Marc McGowan
Oct 6, 2018 11:36PM

Hawthorn's elite performance manager Andrew Russell

According to a poster on BF citing Isaac Smith as the source, yes, to us.

Seems very highly rated by the Hawks and has the runs on the board from the outside.

Having players on the park and confident about their bodies would be the single biggest improvement to our 2018 form.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 am 
Ken Hands

If true that is absolutely massive news for us - as big as anything that will happen over the off season. He has an incredible record of success over nearly twenty years. No-one is better in the AFL.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:17 am 
Stephen Kernahan

If we get a single injury in 2019 I'd sack Russell.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:38 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Barass70 on BF confirmed he’s coming to us. EP basically did the same late last night. Apparently he approached us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Our boys are gonna be fit if you look at the work ethic of Hawthorn players over the last decade. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 am 
Craig Bradley

:thumbsup:

I don't know how you can rate these support staff from the outside. But clearly something needed to change, and if the Hawks are disappointed about losing him, then that's a big plus.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Someone I spoke to from another club a few weeks ago said "he us an absolute gun". IMO this is as good a get as Mitchell ig not more important.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Russell would be a huge get....hopefully the start of things to come !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next