Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:55 am 
Vale 1953-2020

smithy wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Slightly less tall, not enough pace... Against a team which will run and scramble, it will be interesting to see our game plan

Go Blues

If it's the same old plan of moving the ball wide and slowly by foot, with a sideways or backwards pass for every forward one then Bolton needs to f### off now.
This is doing untold damage to our players. It's laborious, uninspiring and most times results in a turnover and goal to the opposition.
We are like those old English WW1 Generals that use to try the same tactics that failed the previous 500 times, stubborn pigheaded and unable to adapt.
We look good when we play a simple direct running game whenever we can, the injuries are but a small reason why we only score 60/70 points a game. You've got roughly 20 seconds to get the ball into the forward 50-60 when you take possession or your odds of scoring drop rapidly. Not only that because our defenders over commit to our press too frequently we are actually vulnerable when the ball gets into our forward 50 slowly and the opposition can set up to hit us on the counter.
Locking the ball in our forward 50 for repeat entries is not altogether a desirable plan, not only can we not do it that well; it results in more goals against than for.
Just one question - how do you know it's doing any damage to our players, let alone "untold damage"?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well that is why I said "Untold", because I don't know. The nitpicking is really pathetic.
No, you've misunderstood my question (with your nitpicking). Let me ask another way.

You said that <something> is doing (untold) damage to the players. I'm asking how do you know. Ie.... source?

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

Last edited by moshe25 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:13 am 
Ken Hunter

Crippa wrote:
smithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
smithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
untold damage - seriously. What about unheard of damage - catastrophic damage, irreparable damage,

if Bolts is not the coach and the next one is the coach how much of what the next coach coaches builds on what has been coached and how much is about erasing the untold damage of the coach who coached before the new coach?

To put it another way - if what you are saying is; 'under a new coach we would need to delist all the players who have played under Bolts - the Curnows, (hey that works) the Cripps', the Dows and Weiterings, the SPS's and Obriens, the Kennedy's and Mackays, the Marchbanks and the Plowmans, because all these (and many others) have untold damage from being coached by Bolts' then we just may be better off retaining Bolts and seeing if his untold damage becomes the next best thing...could this be called the Hardwick Plan?

"if what you are saying is;" No, the garbage that follows is what YOU are saying, not me. Pretty weak and baseless attack tbh, unimpressed.

attack :roll: I am attacking the phrase "untold damage" which does not mean 'damage but I do not what it is' it implies damage so severe, so terrible that it cannot be put into words. If you didn't mean that, good, don't use such a loaded phrase. When looking at discussion it is good to question the "phrases" used - I suggest reading up on Socrates. - "baseless" "pretty weaK" all loaded phrases - of course I will call them out - those words are designed to cement a point of view and so are fair game - at no point (unlike you) did I actually say anything about you, attack you, question your character etc./ I simply challenged a phrase - its a fairly adult thing to do, sorry of it offended you. :roll:

Anyway on reflection I take your point I could have used a better, less drastic phrase, lets move on shall we.

Oh good. You two were starting to lose me.

Now that's done can somebody please tell me what the damage is? Just tell me and then it will be the told damage instead of it remaining untold and we can all go to sleep.

TELL ME DAMN IT!!!!!

:grin:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

HTP wrote:
Gives Collingwood a few more hours to shit themselves.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

billc3 wrote:
Pasted this elsewhere, probably more relevant here, especially in this game...

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
One thing we really need to rectify apart from the midfield which is almost nonexistent ... is our speed by player and our speed of ball movement ...
Looked alright in the first quarter against the tiges.... And against the Saints in the JLT....

I think if you look at the players and the play, then, versus now, you'll see that it's the personnel we can get on the park rather than the list in general which is limiting our run and carry

Go Blues

Go Blues

This!
Thisness.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
smithy wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Slightly less tall, not enough pace... Against a team which will run and scramble, it will be interesting to see our game plan

Go Blues

If it's the same old plan of moving the ball wide and slowly by foot, with a sideways or backwards pass for every forward one then Bolton needs to f### off now.
This is doing untold damage to our players. It's laborious, uninspiring and most times results in a turnover and goal to the opposition.
We are like those old English WW1 Generals that use to try the same tactics that failed the previous 500 times, stubborn pigheaded and unable to adapt.
We look good when we play a simple direct running game whenever we can, the injuries are but a small reason why we only score 60/70 points a game. You've got roughly 20 seconds to get the ball into the forward 50-60 when you take possession or your odds of scoring drop rapidly. Not only that because our defenders over commit to our press too frequently we are actually vulnerable when the ball gets into our forward 50 slowly and the opposition can set up to hit us on the counter.
Locking the ball in our forward 50 for repeat entries is not altogether a desirable plan, not only can we not do it that well; it results in more goals against than for.
Just one question - how do you know it's doing any damage to our players, let alone "untold damage"?

Well that is why I said "Untold", because I don't know. The nitpicking is really pathetic.
No, you've misunderstood my question (with your nitpicking). Let me ask another way.

You said that <something> is doing (untold) damage to the players. I'm asking how do you know. Ie.... source?

Mods sneak into The Quarrel Room and install bleachers and popcorn machine...tiptoe out again and usher waiting folk to their seats. Col. V Car. Is about t begin but crowd wave away reminder and remain riveted on combatants.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:32 am 
Bruce Doull

Just realised it's not on FTA :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:37 am 
Wayne Johnston

CK95 wrote:
Just realised it's not on FTA :banghead:

Then why the @#$%&! does the game start at the awful time of 3.20pm?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:52 am 
Bert Deacon

CK95 wrote:
snakehips wrote:
keogh wrote:
What’s wrong with Kerr?
snakehip apparently.
:smile: Managed to work "hip" into my 100th post (been waiting about 2 seasons), how fitting!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:57 am 
Bruce Doull

Good work!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

Got say the "you said no you said" bickering is incredibly tedious. Anyway apparently there is a game today. Big one for lamb and Rowe if they are ordinary today, with marchbank and Pickett returning can't see them playing again before end of year delisting. I am going today expecting a massive loss so anything better will be almost like a win (that's how desperate things are)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

On the train on way to G, suited up with CFC tie. Collingwood supporters fill the carriage confident of a pleasant day and big win, like we used to feel in the old days on our way to PP when we were a powerhouse. Can’t spot one other Carlton supporter unless our supporters are now traveling incognito. Telling myself to stay calm today. Hopeful of something positive. Fearful of absolute humiliation. Go blues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Me too RickJ. Off to endure 70k salivating obnoxious Collingwood supporters who will give me plenty.

But if it’s any consolation, my Collingwood mates were demoralized this time last year and were all lining up to sack Bucks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

I'm going want to see a fighting effort
Kennedy Polson Dow obrien SPS Weitering is the group I will be watching closely
Rowe better do the right thing as he was amongst many others catastrophic last week

Want to some goals today and a team that turns up from the first bounce

Want Garlett to show a bit more too we see a couple of talented cameos but then goes missing

Casboult also needs to not let Dunne rough up our players

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sportsbet $5.50 for Carlton not to kick a goal in the first quarter! You are kidding me. Who has ever heard odds like that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:49 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Pickett has put a few blokes on notice today.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10