Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

idle wrote:
I don't know why all the talk of match ups and on field positions, we will lose and continue to lose all the way to a 2018 wooden spoon to add to our collection.

This is Carlton. And anyone who thinks we are anything other than a bottom four side is deluding themselves. No all is not lost, rebuild blah blah blah I get it. But this season? Why bother?

Bottom of the ladder. What's to be excited about? We beat Essendon**, that will keep me going until next season at least ...pfft

With any luck the AFL will bring in another couple of interstate clubs like Darwin and Tassie and rape another two or three seasons of talent at the expense of founding clubs like Carlton. That's always something to look forward too.

Maybe we can start scouting Romania and Ukraine for undiscovered talent? Jamaicans are pretty quick on their feet ...

idle. I have written you up a drink card to the value of endless sorrow. you can use it anytime in The Crying Room. drink up, you need it buddy. :beer: :smile:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

idle wrote:
I don't know why all the talk of match ups and on field positions, we will lose and continue to lose all the way to a 2018 wooden spoon to add to our collection.

This is Carlton. And anyone who thinks we are anything other than a bottom four side is deluding themselves. No all is not lost, rebuild blah blah blah I get it. But this season? Why bother?

Bottom of the ladder. What's to be excited about? We beat Essendon**, that will keep me going until next season at least ...pfft

With any luck the AFL will bring in another couple of interstate clubs like Darwin and Tassie and rape another two or three seasons of talent at the expense of founding clubs like Carlton. That's always something to look forward too.

Maybe we can start scouting Romania and Ukraine for undiscovered talent? Jamaicans are pretty quick on their feet ...

Croatia's the place. 7 footers to burn with a hunger to play sport.
You should go there and look.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
16s16 seconds ago

Carlton v Collingwood.
S Rowe into named 18 for Polson.
Interchange: Garlett, Casboult, Polson, Kennedy.
Emergencies: Graham, Lang, Phillips, O’Shea.
O’Shea replaces Kerr (injured) as an emergency.

Any thoughts on why they would bring Rowe into the 18 late on Friday? :?
The interchange isn't finalised until tomorrow anyway. A bit unusual.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:04 pm 
Robert Walls

Gives Collingwood a few more hours to shit themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
16s16 seconds ago

Carlton v Collingwood.

Mind games? :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
16s16 seconds ago

Carlton v Collingwood.

Getting inside Buckleys head and making him very scared. We just moved our Rowey weapon to the starting 18. #winningalready

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

idle wrote:

The Ukraine hmmm..... :wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yep Rowey weapon helped Freo last week hopefully won't help Carringbush this week

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:39 pm 
Robert Walls

snakehips wrote:
keogh wrote:
What’s wrong with Kerr?
Hip apparently.

Too hip or not hip enough for the coach?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

smithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
untold damage - seriously. What about unheard of damage - catastrophic damage, irreparable damage,

if Bolts is not the coach and the next one is the coach how much of what the next coach coaches builds on what has been coached and how much is about erasing the untold damage of the coach who coached before the new coach?

To put it another way - if what you are saying is; 'under a new coach we would need to delist all the players who have played under Bolts - the Curnows, (hey that works) the Cripps', the Dows and Weiterings, the SPS's and Obriens, the Kennedy's and Mackays, the Marchbanks and the Plowmans, because all these (and many others) have untold damage from being coached by Bolts' then we just may be better off retaining Bolts and seeing if his untold damage becomes the next best thing...could this be called the Hardwick Plan?

"if what you are saying is;" No, the garbage that follows is what YOU are saying, not me. Pretty weak and baseless attack tbh, unimpressed.

attack :roll: I am attacking the phrase "untold damage" which does not mean 'damage but I do not what it is' it implies damage so severe, so terrible that it cannot be put into words. If you didn't mean that, good, don't use such a loaded phrase. When looking at discussion it is good to question the "phrases" used - I suggest reading up on Socrates. - "baseless" "pretty weaK" all loaded phrases - of course I will call them out - those words are designed to cement a point of view and so are fair game - at no point (unlike you) did I actually say anything about you, attack you, question your character etc./ I simply challenged a phrase - its a fairly adult thing to do, sorry of it offended you. :roll:

Last edited by dannyboy on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rowe for Polson, don't care if he has Ebola; he should still play in front of Rowe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

dannyboy wrote:
smithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
untold damage - seriously. What about unheard of damage - catastrophic damage, irreparable damage,

if Bolts is not the coach and the next one is the coach how much of what the next coach coaches builds on what has been coached and how much is about erasing the untold damage of the coach who coached before the new coach?

To put it another way - if what you are saying is; 'under a new coach we would need to delist all the players who have played under Bolts - the Curnows, (hey that works) the Cripps', the Dows and Weiterings, the SPS's and Obriens, the Kennedy's and Mackays, the Marchbanks and the Plowmans, because all these (and many others) have untold damage from being coached by Bolts' then we just may be better off retaining Bolts and seeing if his untold damage becomes the next best thing...could this be called the Hardwick Plan?

"if what you are saying is;" No, the garbage that follows is what YOU are saying, not me. Pretty weak and baseless attack tbh, unimpressed.

attack :roll: I am attacking the phrase "untold damage" which does not mean 'damage but I do not what it is' it implies damage so severe, so terrible that it cannot be put into words. If you didn't mean that, good, don't use such a laden phrase. When looking at discussion it is good to question the "phrases" uses - I suggest reading up on Socrates. - "baseless" "pretty weaK" all loaded phrases - of course I will call them out - those words are designed to cement a point of view and so are fair game - at nbo point (ublike you) did I actually say anything about you, attack you, question your character etc./ I simply challenged a phrase - its a fairly adult thing to do, sorry of it offended you. :roll:

Don't remember Socrates resorting to a strawman argument lol or being overly pedantic about phrases. Semantics are the last refuge of a stale and easily fooled mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

well best go back and read Socrates - he always questioned the ready made phrases or the assumptions that were built upon such phrases - he understood what sounds like "a truth" is usually no such thing.

as for semantics - once again, there you go not trying to dismiss an argument but attacking the arguer (feeble mind etc) - which is the feeble mind - that which attacks the words used, or that which attacks the person speaking?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

What if untold damage was done prior to bolts and SOS ...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

dannyboy wrote:
well best go back and read Socrates - he always questioned the ready made phrases or the assumptions that were built upon such phrases - he understood what sounds like "a truth" is usually no such thing.

as for semantics - once again, there you go not trying to dismiss an argument but attacking the arguer (feeble mind etc) - which is the feeble mind - that which attacks the words used, or that which attacks the person speaking?

No, the feeble mind is the one that is intellectually dishonest by ascribing opinions of opponents that the other person simply cannot know eg. "If what you are saying is" >insert persons own unfounded translation/extrapolation. Someone who is skilled at debating would know this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
What if untold damage was done prior to bolts and SOS ...

Well enough time has passed that we now know it was significant :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

dannyboy wrote:
smithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

attack :roll: I am attacking the phrase "untold damage" which does not mean 'damage but I do not what it is' it implies damage so severe, so terrible that it cannot be put into words. If you didn't mean that, good, don't use such a loaded phrase. When looking at discussion it is good to question the "phrases" used - I suggest reading up on Socrates. - "baseless" "pretty weaK" all loaded phrases - of course I will call them out - those words are designed to cement a point of view and so are fair game - at no point (unlike you) did I actually say anything about you, attack you, question your character etc./ I simply challenged a phrase - its a fairly adult thing to do, sorry of it offended you. :roll:

Anyway on reflection I take your point I could have used a better, less drastic phrase, lets move on shall we.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Pasted this elsewhere, probably more relevant here, especially in this game...

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
One thing we really need to rectify apart from the midfield which is almost nonexistent ... is our speed by player and our speed of ball movement ...
Looked alright in the first quarter against the tiges.... And against the Saints in the JLT....

I think if you look at the players and the play, then, versus now, you'll see that it's the personnel we can get on the park rather than the list in general which is limiting our run and carry

Go Blues

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:26 am 
Bruce Doull

snakehips wrote:
keogh wrote:
What’s wrong with Kerr?
snakehip apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:46 am 
Bob Chitty

smithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
smithy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

Anyway on reflection I take your point I could have used a better, less drastic phrase, lets move on shall we.

Oh good. You two were starting to lose me.

Now that's done can somebody please tell me what the damage is? Just tell me and then it will be the told damage instead of it remaining untold and we can all go to sleep.

TELL ME DAMN IT!!!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next