Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rowe was putrid last week and is very lucky to be playing

Pol son and Kennedy as someone said hope play well

Lang was ordinary but so were 20 others apart from Cripps and maybe SPS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mots87 wrote:
I think we have gone for speed in the backline.
Took me a second.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:44 am 
Harry Vallence

billc3 wrote:
Slightly less tall, not enough pace... Against a team which will run and scramble, it will be interesting to see our game plan

Go Blues

If it's the same old plan of moving the ball wide and slowly by foot, with a sideways or backwards pass for every forward one then Bolton needs to f### off now.
This is doing untold damage to our players. It's laborious, uninspiring and most times results in a turnover and goal to the opposition.
We are like those old English WW1 Generals that use to try the same tactics that failed the previous 500 times, stubborn pigheaded and unable to adapt.
We look good when we play a simple direct running game whenever we can, the injuries are but a small reason why we only score 60/70 points a game. You've got roughly 20 seconds to get the ball into the forward 50-60 when you take possession or your odds of scoring drop rapidly. Not only that because our defenders over commit to our press too frequently we are actually vulnerable when the ball gets into our forward 50 slowly and the opposition can set up to hit us on the counter.
Locking the ball in our forward 50 for repeat entries is not altogether a desirable plan, not only can we not do it that well; it results in more goals against than for.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:51 am 
Ken Hunter

untold damage - seriously. What about unheard of damage - catastrophic damage, irreparable damage,

if Bolts is not the coach and the next one is the coach how much of what the next coach coaches builds on what has been coached and how much is about erasing the untold damage of the coach who coached before the new coach?

To put it another way - if what you are saying is; 'under a new coach we would need to delist all the players who have played under Bolts - the Curnows, (hey that works) the Cripps', the Dows and Weiterings, the SPS's and Obriens, the Kennedy's and Mackays, the Marchbanks and the Plowmans, because all these (and many others) have untold damage from being coached by Bolts' then we just may be better off retaining Bolts and seeing if his untold damage becomes the next best thing...could this be called the Hardwick Plan?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:54 am 
Vale 1953-2020

smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Slightly less tall, not enough pace... Against a team which will run and scramble, it will be interesting to see our game plan

Go Blues

If it's the same old plan of moving the ball wide and slowly by foot, with a sideways or backwards pass for every forward one then Bolton needs to f### off now.
This is doing untold damage to our players. It's laborious, uninspiring and most times results in a turnover and goal to the opposition.
We are like those old English WW1 Generals that use to try the same tactics that failed the previous 500 times, stubborn pigheaded and unable to adapt.
We look good when we play a simple direct running game whenever we can, the injuries are but a small reason why we only score 60/70 points a game. You've got roughly 20 seconds to get the ball into the forward 50-60 when you take possession or your odds of scoring drop rapidly. Not only that because our defenders over commit to our press too frequently we are actually vulnerable when the ball gets into our forward 50 slowly and the opposition can set up to hit us on the counter.
Locking the ball in our forward 50 for repeat entries is not altogether a desirable plan, not only can we not do it that well; it results in more goals against than for.
Just one question - how do you know it's doing any damage to our players, let alone "untold damage"?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:55 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Hehe, Danny. GMTA. You, of course, are more poetic.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:02 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
What’s wrong with Kerr?

He plays for Carlton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:20 am 
Harry Vallence

dannyboy wrote:
untold damage - seriously. What about unheard of damage - catastrophic damage, irreparable damage,

if Bolts is not the coach and the next one is the coach how much of what the next coach coaches builds on what has been coached and how much is about erasing the untold damage of the coach who coached before the new coach?

To put it another way - if what you are saying is; 'under a new coach we would need to delist all the players who have played under Bolts - the Curnows, (hey that works) the Cripps', the Dows and Weiterings, the SPS's and Obriens, the Kennedy's and Mackays, the Marchbanks and the Plowmans, because all these (and many others) have untold damage from being coached by Bolts' then we just may be better off retaining Bolts and seeing if his untold damage becomes the next best thing...could this be called the Hardwick Plan?

"if what you are saying is;" No, the garbage that follows is what YOU are saying, not me. Pretty weak and baseless attack tbh, unimpressed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:22 am 
Bruce Doull

dannyboy wrote:

The hidden message I'm seeing here is that we need to replace Bolts with Gary Ayres.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:22 am 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

Just one question - how do you know it's doing any damage to our players, let alone "untold damage"?

Well that is why I said "Untold", because I don't know. The nitpicking is really pathetic.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:25 am 
Bert Deacon

keogh wrote:
What’s wrong with Kerr?
Hip apparently.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:25 am 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:
Hehe, Danny. GMTA. You, of course, are more poetic.

More like no brains think alike :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

The game plan as it is being implemented at the moment is not working and we all know that.
Unfortunately, we are not really in a position to make any changes week to week BUT this week we have injected some pace into the team so I am hoping that pace will actually be used.
I like to compare footy selection to cricket selection. Unfortunately, that is rarely the case.
Putting pace into the team and then not using it is like putting an extra spinner in the team for a Sydney test and then not giving him a bowl.
Collingwood uses the corridor and runs the ball forward and handballs forward maintaining possession at all costs while swarming the opposition player with the ball. We know that. They know we have been playing a super defensive chippy chippy style as described above and they will be prepared for that.
We have enough players in the team with pace. Instead of using that pace to chase Collingwood players down the paddock while they run the footy towards the goals, maybe we should use it to run the ball towards the goals ourselves, to run to space, to make a lead and then to have someone honour it?
I am not of the opinion that our players are traumatised or have lasting damage created by the present situation. Maybe some supporters are traumatised, I know I am getting close but all it will take to snap the players out of a downer is a decent act or a win.
I hate where we are and I can't bring myself to stay awake all night to watch what I think will be an ordinary game but I believe it will turn around if we can hang on to Cripps and a couple of the other kids. Curnow's signing was a massive fillip for the club. If anybody doubts the players belief in what is happening, a five year commitment by a potential superstar should convince the doubters.

Getting back to this week, I would like to see some run and stun early. Bucks and his boys will be prepared for the usual stodge. Unfortunately, Kreuzer will not be up to Grundy so that makes the rest of it more difficult.
I an only hope the extra spinner gets a few overs or we might as well have left him out of the team.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:38 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

The game plan as it is being implemented at the moment is not working and we all know that.
Unfortunately, we are not really in a position to make any changes week to week BUT this week we have injected some pace into the team so I am hoping that pace will actually be used.
I like to compare footy selection to cricket selection. Unfortunately, that is rarely the case.
Putting pace into the team and then not using it is like putting an extra spinner in the team for a Sydney test and then not giving him a bowl.

Collingwood uses the corridor and runs the ball forward and handballs forward maintaining possession at all costs while swarming the opposition player with the ball. We know that. They know we have been playing a super defensive chippy chippy style as described above and they will be prepared for that.
We have enough players in the team with pace. Instead of using that pace to chase Collingwood players down the paddock while they run the footy towards the goals, maybe we should use it to run the ball towards the goals ourselves, to run to space, to make a lead and then to have someone honour it?
I am not of the opinion that our players are traumatised or have lasting damage created by the present situation. Maybe some supporters are traumatised, I know I am getting close but all it will take to snap the players out of a downer is a decent act or a win.
I hate where we are and I can't bring myself to stay awake all night to watch what I think will be an ordinary game but I believe it will turn around if we can hang on to Cripps and a couple of the other kids. Curnow's signing was a massive fillip for the club. If anybody doubts the players belief in what is happening, a five year commitment by a potential superstar should convince the doubters.

Getting back to this week, I would like to see some run and stun early. Bucks and his boys will be prepared for the usual stodge. Unfortunately, Kreuzer will not be up to Grundy so that makes the rest of it more difficult.
I an only hope the extra spinner gets a few overs or we might as well have left him out of the team.

At least there is a couple of people that are capable of productive conversations here :clap: . I fully believe we can't afford to keep playing the current way. No one wants to play that way and no one wants to watch it. Regardless of personnel.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:11 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Rowe gets another game ?? Not sure how it can seriously be justified.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:12 am 
Ken Hunter

smithy wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
smithy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

At least there is a couple of people that are capable of productive conversations here :clap: . I fully believe we can't afford to keep playing the current way. No one wants to play that way and no one wants to watch it. Regardless of personnel.

Yep. :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:45 am 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:

Agree, don't understand it either, he has never had the confidence or skill to be an AFL player. It was obvious 4-5 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

smithy wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Agree, don't understand it either, he has never had the confidence or skill to be an AFL player. It was obvious 4-5 years ago.

Sitting on 90 games with 10 games to go this season?
Only thing I can think of.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:

Rowe only match for Cox
Did well on Hawkins and Franklin
No matchup last week
Shouldn’t have played then
Right to play tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 pm 
Serge Silvagni

I don't know why all the talk of match ups and on field positions, we will lose and continue to lose all the way to a 2018 wooden spoon to add to our collection.

This is Carlton. And anyone who thinks we are anything other than a bottom four side is deluding themselves. No all is not lost, rebuild blah blah blah I get it. But this season? Why bother?

Bottom of the ladder. What's to be excited about? We beat Essendon*, that will keep me going until next season at least ...pfft

With any luck the AFL will bring in another couple of interstate clubs like Darwin and Tassie and rape another two or three seasons of talent at the expense of founding clubs like Carlton. That's always something to look forward too.

Maybe we can start scouting Romania and Ukraine for undiscovered talent? Jamaicans are pretty quick on their feet ...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next