Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk Lochie O'Brien Madeline Keryk CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:02 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 11092
Location: Bondi Beach
Outback Blue wrote:
I would like to apologize to all supporters for the insipid performance by the Blues.
My 10yr old son and I have made the 400km round trip twice this year to watch the boys play, which were the Gold Coast & Freo games.

We feel that we must be a bad omen and are the reason for their poor performance when we are in their presence.
We had plans to come down again this weekend to watch them take on Collingwood.

Feel assured the two of us have agreed, for the better of the club that we should stay away this weekend, and are sure that with is, you the supporters
will see a better performance against Collingwood !


Thanks OB & Son :thumbsup:

_________________
I hope the 17th Flag is won this decade


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:25 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 am
Posts: 13075
B. Plowman Weitering Simpson
HB. Thomas Jones Silvagni
C. O'Brien Ed Curnow SPS
HF. Garlett Charlie Dow
F. Wright De Koning Pickett

R. Kreuzer Cripps Fisher

I. Kennedy Kerridge Polson Casboult

Our forward half has been too tall and lacking in ground ball winning ability. I'd isolate De Koning and Pickett down there and play the others outside 50.

We play the G well. I'll be expecting a very competitive showing.

_________________
I still enjoy footy, just not as much as I did before...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 3637
Location: Bridge, Starship Enterprise
Great lineup BV, which is why it won't happen.

This selection committee refuses, REFUSES, to take a real punt on youth and an alternate game plan as you suggest. I would go the Schu as well.

_________________
"Get ready, Teddy - you're on": Ron Barassi half time 1970 Grand Final


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
Bob Chitty

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 pm
Posts: 823
I like this team BV.

A really good mix.

Good blend of talls, inside mids and much more pace, which we will need against them.

Are you going to send to Bolts or do you want me to?

I will put your name to it though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:00 pm 
Offline
Adrian Gallagher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:01 pm
Posts: 65
Every single year my love for the game of footy takes a hit, yesterday was one the biggest hits that I can recall. I have memories of watching almost every game, of every round. Nowadays some weeks go by without me watching any football at all.

Each and every year we're promised improvement and each and every year we walk away disappointed saying to ourselves 'Ah well, next year we'll be better' or 'More games into players X and Z'. Personally, I couldn't give a stuff about the priority pick, CFC have proven time and time again that we simply cannot develop them. You only need to look through our entire list and have a look where each player was drafted.

I plan on going to this game with a Collingwood friend of mine and I dare say, another performance like last week will be the tipping point where I finally move on from the sport all together. I'm not asking for a win, just effort and a clear indication of what our game plan actually is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:10 am
Posts: 457
Location: WA
I have to travel all day for work this Sunday so will miss this game. Normally I'd do anything to change that - lie to the boss, whatever, as long as I get to see the Blues. Been stressing about it for weeks. Now I'm letting it go. Will catch up on it Sunday evening when I can. Hope it is not too awful.

Had pencilled in the Port game for my annual trip to Melbourne the following week. Got lucky last year with the one point GWS win. I might still go that week if the selected team looks more competitive.

If that first half effort from last week is repeated this week the booing will be worse. Hopefully that won't happen.

I'm also hoping that the players returning from injury over these couple of weeks all stay in the 2's until they have shown touch and enough match fitness.

Still possible to salvage something from this season if we can work to get our best possible team on the park, fit and in some sort of form for the last five games or so. But if you are a supporter doing it hard; don't take the kids for the next few weeks, and don't feel bad if you have grown too weary of the thrashings.

I think we've finally got some decent young talent and hope like hell we can develop them. Otherwise this is the darkest place I have been in following this club. The absolute pits.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:26 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 24448
Location: Half back flank
Centenaryblue wrote:
I'm also hoping that the players returning from injury over these couple of weeks all stay in the 2's until they have shown touch and enough match fitness.



Agreed, not sure why Casboult came straight back in. It's not like we're scrambling for a spot in the finals.

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:57 am 
Offline
Geoff Southby

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:21 pm
Posts: 5644
Only one change this week.

IN: Fair dinkum effort
OUT: His brother... Lazy shit effort


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline
Rod McGregor

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:51 pm
Posts: 199
we need to apply pressure from our fwd half .we cannot allow coll defenders to waltz out with no pressure .this is wer there attack starts and then to have either de goey or stephson in open space with 1v1 this is there game style . i want to see 90 tackles and bring in our quick players .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:12 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 2854
jamespul65 wrote:
we need to apply pressure from our fwd half .we cannot allow coll defenders to waltz out with no pressure .this is wer there attack starts and then to have either de goey or stephson in open space with 1v1 this is there game style . i want to see 90 tackles and bring in our quick players .


Yep ! we play that defensive pressure style game reasonably well.Anything else is beyond our capabilities.Dont care how ugly or scramble the game is.Just play to the limited strengths we have...................we can win this and cause a boilover if we stick to our guns.If we can't lift for this mob then we may as well call it a day...................its all above the shoulders,lift,we can do it.

_________________
All my dangerous friends


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 20405
we should be playing harry every week.
love to see de koning in.
out kerridge!!
marchbank in if ready.

_________________
'not. f#*ing. blue. enough!'
Steve Jobs, screaming into his car phone, pre imac launch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:35 pm
Posts: 1097
Mickstar wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:
we need to apply pressure from our fwd half .we cannot allow coll defenders to waltz out with no pressure .this is wer there attack starts and then to have either de goey or stephson in open space with 1v1 this is there game style . i want to see 90 tackles and bring in our quick players .


Yep ! we play that defensive pressure style game reasonably well.Anything else is beyond our capabilities.Dont care how ugly or scramble the game is.Just play to the limited strengths we have...................we can win this and cause a boilover if we stick to our guns.If we can't lift for this mob then we may as well call it a day...................its all above the shoulders,lift,we can do it.

I love your optimism Mickstar but based on this years form I can't see how we can win this one, even with our so called 'A' game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 20518
Location: Kaloyasena
jim wrote:
Only one change this week.

IN: Fair dinkum effort
OUT: His brother... Lazy shit effort



Wouldn’t have thought they were related.


:lol:

_________________
I BELIEVE we need to invest in more concrete and spend less on wallpaper


"Hence you will not say that Greeks fight like heroes but that heroes fight like Greeks"?

Winston Churchill



Too much Sugar and too much Bleach is very very boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:54 am 
Online
Ken Hunter

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 14012
Location: North of the border
Blue Vain wrote:
B. Plowman Weitering Simpson
HB. Thomas Jones Silvagni
C. O'Brien Ed Curnow SPS
HF. Garlett Charlie Dow
F. Wright De Koning Pickett

R. Kreuzer Cripps Fisher

I. Kennedy Kerridge Polson Casboult

Our forward half has been too tall and lacking in ground ball winning ability. I'd isolate De Koning and Pickett down there and play the others outside 50.

We play the G well. I'll be expecting a very competitive showing.


I would go with that accept I would have Harry instead of Levi or Phillips and play Kruez forward and Cunningham instead of Kerridge
I would try SPS as a permanent Small forward
I would tell Polson to tackle tackle tackle

Try something different


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline
Garry Crane

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 277
Lamb - Pickett
Kerridge - Kennedy
Kerr - Mckay
Kerridge - Cunningham (or shaw if DC still injured)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:10 pm
Posts: 1065
BIBI01 wrote:
Lamb - Pickett
Kerridge - Kennedy
Kerr - Mckay
Kerridge - Cunningham (or shaw if DC still injured)


Do you have something against people whose name begins with Kerr?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Posts: 3234
Location: Sydney
Would be pretty sweet if we can get two 'ins' for one 'out'. About time the AFL's makey-uppy worked to our benefit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline
Garry Crane

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 277
DesEnglish wrote:
BIBI01 wrote:
Lamb - Pickett
Kerridge - Kennedy
Kerr - Mckay
Kerridge - Cunningham (or shaw if DC still injured)


Do you have something against people whose name begins with Kerr?

just their kicking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
Garry Crane

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:43 pm
Posts: 277
BIBI01 wrote:
Lamb - Pickett
Kerridge - Kennedy
Kerr - Mckay
Kerridge - Cunningham (or shaw if DC still injured)


sadly can't drop kerridge twice, should be Rowe :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:46 am
Posts: 26096
The footage of Rowe and Kerridge last night on OTC was damning. Cannot possibly be selected to play this week.

_________________
WHO WANTS TO WALK... WITH CRIPPA ??


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ianh, Meekster, titimus, XMan and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group