Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:
pagan's team would beat this team.

It is worth putting out there.

I don't think so given I have rear view mirrors for Pagan.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

You have to laugh. At the press conference, he said at half time the game could have gotten really ugly.

So they hadn’t scored EVEN ONE goal up to half time yet he ignored that and said the match could have gotten ugly????

Can they forfeit next week’s game? Surely it would be less painful, or get the Northern Blues or Greensborough or even Lilydale to take their place. Something, try something different. New coach? Go the Biff? Anything. Or forfeit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

I really wish somebody at the presser would put some heat on the coach. Enough platitudes. Ask him why the coaching staff sent out a side that didn't bother to compete till after half time. Ask him why any Carlton supporter would bother to turn up next week after that. How many games have we been 12 goals down at halftime, not scored a goal to halftime and against a bottom 6 side from WA. Ask him some hard questions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:18 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
‏Verified account @CarltonFC
21m21 minutes ago

Bolton: Freo was in reasonable nick from last week and jumped us from the start. Our response was too slow.
Bolton: It could have got quite messy, but to our players' credit they fought back in the second half.
Bolton: We couldn't lock the ball in our forward half. Our pressure wasn't up to standard.
Bolton: Leadership is a work in progress. We're missing leaders like Docherty, Murphy and Alex Silvagni, but that provides leadership opportunities for others.
Bolton: Playing consistently at a high level is a learned behaviour. That's what we have to aim towards.
Bolton: We don't accept losing, but our age profile has dropped significantly this season and we have many injuries. We'll fight through it.

We’ll fight through it, except at the start of the game when it means something.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I’d like to see Clarkson as coach ... it’d be a win win for us ... we improve then it’s a win ... we don’t ...he goes out as a spud ... :lol:

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

Wangers wrote:
The result was pathetic. Second half pride is bulldust. There's no consolation after the worst half of football I've seen by any Carlton side.
My biggest concern is the damage psychologically to our playing young draftees with losses like these.

Get 'em to have a talk to Alan Border.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

Lambs Kerridge graham Kerr all no good. Kerr would be ok in a good side.

Weitering shows zero intensity and follows his man to the ball.

We would be worst at getting ground balls in our forward 50 in the AFL.

First half just about worst I have seen.

Jones, Cripps, Fisher, SPS, O’Brien all good. Simpson good after half time.

Murphy, Kennedy, Marchbank, Docherty and Pickett would improve this team no doubt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

Meekster wrote:
Stuck it out for the whole game
Positives - Carlton Draft was tasty
Got smashed in the middle,couple of quality mids to help Cripps would be great
On a small ground that few inside 50s was atrocious
Hope we get a few players back soon, but we are a LOOOONG way off it

Carlton draft :clap: Spoonerism?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Lambs Kerridge graham Kerr all no good. Kerr would be ok in a good side.

Weitering shows zero intensity and follows his man to the ball.

We would be worst at getting ground balls in our forward 50 in the AFL.

First half just about worst I have seen.

Jones, Cripps, Fisher, SPS, O’Brien all good. Simpson good after half time.

Murphy, Kennedy, Marchbank, Docherty and Pickett would improve this team no doubt

Kerr's a 19yo who's in his 2nd year. Took 8 marks today and has shown something in his first few games.

Love how supporters write kids off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
21m21 minutes ago

Bolton: Freo was in reasonable nick from last week and jumped us from the start. Our response was too slow.
Bolton: It could have got quite messy, but to our players' credit they fought back in the second half.
Bolton: We couldn't lock the ball in our forward half. Our pressure wasn't up to standard.
Bolton: Leadership is a work in progress. We're missing leaders like Docherty, Murphy and Alex Silvagni, but that provides leadership opportunities for others.
Bolton: Playing consistently at a high level is a learned behaviour. That's what we have to aim towards.
Bolton: We don't accept losing, but our age profile has dropped significantly this season and we have many injuries. We'll fight through it.

Same old bullshit about age profile and injuries - freo were younger and have much longer injury list ..... ?

Last edited by Blue Beatle on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If Graham plays another game.....

Equal worst performance I've seen in 30 years along with 124pt loss to North

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Beatle wrote:
Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
21m21 minutes ago

Same old bullshit about age profile and injuries - freo were younger and have more out ..... ?
They created the age profile so why are they whinging about it.
It gets brought up every game.
Freo 7 players less than 16 games and over all younger
Bolton needs to call all his coaches in and have a no holes barred reality check.
Bolton is the man in charge I fail to believe that the likes of Teague would agree with what is being coached.
Some one needs to pull Bolton aside and set him straight.
It is not working.
Maybe they are sitting back waiting for him to hang himself

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

baz_baz wrote:
aramari wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
baz_baz wrote:
Most noticeable thing was 8 mins in when they had kicked 3 due to our atrocious skills. The boys kicked it to Freo advantage more than 70% of the time. They are skill errors and have nothing to do with game plan or set ups or anything else. Pure and simple lack of appropriate skills to execute. This of course translates to turn overs and goals. You could see after the first 3 the belief balloon went Pop.

Yep

Go figure why.

That can be fixed. Take out the cancer.

Who are you alluding to?

I’ll name who I saw today. Thomas, Graham, ed (got heaps of it but turned it over more often than not)
Kerridge, Plowman and Cripps really butchered it a few times but I’ll give him a pass. Lamb need to go as well

I realise everyone has an opinion but that's just rubbish.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Beatle wrote:
Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
21m21 minutes ago

Same old bullshit about age profile and injuries - freo were younger and have more out ..... ?

More out? Like who? Brad Hill, Michael Walters.....who else?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Everyone on our list was really talented and enjoyed playing footy as a kid. Do you reckon a week of "go out and have fun like you did in juniors" would hurt? They look like they hate footy at the moment.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

In fact it is probably essential against pies and nothing to lose.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

My mum said if I dont have anything nice to say, the say nothing at all

So

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Meekster wrote:
.... Carlton Draft was tasty
Got smashed.....

You must've got very smashed if you thought Carlton Draft was tasty....
#Cat'spiss

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

The defensive mindset in some of our players costs us a lot of scoring opportunities. If the opposition turns it over forward of centre, GO!!! You do not need to kick it sideways and backwards to setup, they aren't setup so hit the scoreboard when you can!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

GreatEx wrote:
Yes, I think this is a game we can definitely win. So I'm bracing myself for another half-arsed 10 goal flogging.

mngh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next