Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

Reckon Rossy Lyon knew our game better than Bolton.And the Freo players understood our game better than our players did.Dismantled us with ease.And sparingly a more inexperienced and younger side than ours..................i am at loss.A pack of inexperienced kids ran rings around us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
Reckon Rossy Lyon knew our game better than Bolton.And the Freo players understood our game better than our players did.Dismantled us with ease.And sparingly a more inexperienced and younger side than ours..................i am at loss.A pack of inexperienced kids ran rings around us.

Not that hard when we kick it straight to them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Freo average 74 points a game
They surpassed that at half time and eent home

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

muzza wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Not that hard when we kick it straight to them.

Love your stuff Muzz.But i reckon you are dreaming if you think our kicking was to blame.Freo made space with ease.That is a coaching thing.Lyon toyed with us.Embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

You can talk about game plans etc but the bottom line is when a player is meters in the clear and they shank it time and again, that is atrocious for players on big bucks....any player in the system for that matter. Turnovers and shanks which put other team mates under pressure resulting in turn overs is killing us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

The result was pathetic. Second half pride is bulldust. There's no consolation after the worst half of football I've seen by any Carlton side.
My biggest concern is the damage psychologically to our playing young draftees with losses like these.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:20 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Was going to leave at half time but stayed to 3/4 time. The game was over 10 minutes into the first qtr

It was amazing that you could clearly hear the players talking.

The place is a shit hole and is devoid of any atmosphere

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bloody disappointing outcome. Terrible first half.
The one positive IMO is our kids showed more than our older players IMO. O'Brien had probably his best game for the club. He's starting to feel more comfortable and backing himself in to hit targets. A number of his kicks were high risk but they came off.
Dow didn't have a great game but I love his toughness. The whipping boy Plowman was very good again. He takes the tough option with the ball but this kicks often set up our forward thrusts.
Fisher was reasonably good.

We went in too tall but apart from Polson who hasn't shown a lot, we dont have the running options to bring in. That's why it's crucial Pickett and Kennedy come good in the 2's. Same with LeBois. We need more forward pressure and Pickett, Murphy and Le Bois are the only real options we have.
Today also highlighted that we need to play Phillips when coming up against taller ruckmen. Kreuz was smashed in the middle. 13 centre clearances to 7 was crucial. Kreuzer's alright around the ground but his inability to jump is killing us against the big boys.
Rowe had a shocker. Him, Kerr and Graham will hopefully make way next week. Fingers crossed some players stand up tomorrow. Richmond 2's are good so the pressure will be on.
Well done to also Jones and Simmo. I also liked Jacks game.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

muzza wrote:
You can talk about game plans etc but the bottom line is when a player is meters in the clear and they shank it time and again, that is atrocious for players on big bucks....any player in the system for that matter. Turnovers and shanks which put other team mates under pressure resulting in turn overs is killing us.

True,but we were completely outnumbered were the ball was and that aint a skill thing.Lyon new exactly what we were going to do and planned accordingly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
We went in too tall but apart from Polson who hasn't shown a lot, we dont have the running options to bring in.

Don't let facts get in the way.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Carlton FC
‏Verified account @CarltonFC
21m21 minutes ago

Bolton: Freo was in reasonable nick from last week and jumped us from the start. Our response was too slow.
Bolton: It could have got quite messy, but to our players' credit they fought back in the second half.
Bolton: We couldn't lock the ball in our forward half. Our pressure wasn't up to standard.
Bolton: Leadership is a work in progress. We're missing leaders like Docherty, Murphy and Alex Silvagni, but that provides leadership opportunities for others.
Bolton: Playing consistently at a high level is a learned behaviour. That's what we have to aim towards.
Bolton: We don't accept losing, but our age profile has dropped significantly this season and we have many injuries. We'll fight through it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wangers wrote:
The result was pathetic. Second half pride is bulldust. There's no consolation after the worst half of football I've seen by any Carlton side.
My biggest concern is the damage psychologically to our playing young draftees with losses like these.

Yep, I’ll spew up if Bolts says anything like “terrible first half, but the boys rallied in the second half with much better attack on the ball and a more even contest.”

12 goals down at half time and no goals to us is inexcusable by any measure. There are no green shoots or positives to take out of that. Embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

RickJ wrote:
Wangers wrote:

Yep, I’ll spew up if Bolts says anything like “terrible first half, but the boys rallied in the second half with much better attack on the ball and a more even contest.”

12 goals down at half time and no goals to us is inexcusable by any measure. There are no green shoots or positives to take out of that. Embarrassing.

spew away:

Bolton: It could have got quite messy, but to our players' credit they fought back in the second half.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lack of intensity in the first half was startling. Clear lift in energy, run and spread after half time which annoyed me more.

Too many not up to it....Graham, Rowe, Kerridge, Lamb for a start.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

Thanks Simmo ...... If we could only bottle you up for a few more years

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

muzza wrote:

Yep.

We're three quality mids short even with Murph and Kennedy back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Most noticeable thing was 8 mins in when they had kicked 3 due to our atrocious skills. The boys kicked it to Freo advantage more than 70% of the time. They are skill errors and have nothing to do with game plan or set ups or anything else. Pure and simple lack of appropriate skills to execute. This of course translates to turn overs and goals. You could see after the first 3 the belief balloon went Pop.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
21m21 minutes ago

Bolton: Freo was in reasonable nick from last week and jumped us from the start. Our response was too slow.
Bolton: We couldn't lock the ball in our forward half. Our pressure wasn't up to standard.
Bolton: Leadership is a work in progress. We're missing leaders like Docherty, Murphy and Alex Silvagni, but that provides leadership opportunities for others.
Bolton: Playing consistently at a high level is a learned behaviour. That's what we have to aim towards.
Bolton: We don't accept losing, but our age profile has dropped significantly this season and we have many injuries. We'll fight through it.

All fair points.

Good to read a few doubters at TC backing up and continue to raise questions about [ name] . :?:

THat's fair enough too.

I couldn't understand why there isn't any run. :?:

With run there's fluidity, and then the game plan tactics open up whilst moving quickly forward.
The element of surprise kicks in.

I have a problem with what I saw tonight.

Docherty, Murphy, Marchbank, Pickett, Byrne, Williamson, maybe ASilvagni and Macreadie missing.
No big excuse IMO.

Jack Silvagni keeps me smiling.

Simmo, you are Blueblood thru are thru.

Sammo....best game for mine, but still a lot of improvement expected.

I think all the rest have to ask themselves how much game time they played to win.
I don't think any of the rest played above themselves or at their near their best for more than a half of footy.

Really disappointing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

baz_baz wrote:
Most noticeable thing was 8 mins in when they had kicked 3 due to our atrocious skills. The boys kicked it to Freo advantage more than 70% of the time. They are skill errors and have nothing to do with game plan or set ups or anything else. Pure and simple lack of appropriate skills to execute. This of course translates to turn overs and goals. You could see after the first 3 the belief balloon went Pop.

Yep

Go figure why.

That can be fixed. Take out the cancer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
Carlton FC
21m21 minutes ago

Look Bolts, I like you, but FFS if you want the ball locked in our forward line, start playing guys who don't move like glaciers and are basically witches hats when they don't have the ball

If Pickett, Le Bois and Garlett have half decent games this week then please bring them in & lets see if that helps

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next