Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:53 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

There is a massive groundswell of support over on Reddit for us to wear black arm band and orange socks in honour of Eurydice who was so tragically attacked a stones throw from our ground. This pecinct is synonymous with our club and it wouldn't be right for it to go unmentioned. If we want to, as a club, stand against violence against women, then I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring this front and centre.

Apparently the board has been approached, but it's up to AFL management to give the okay to alter the uniform.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

We might have a chance today eh?
I wish we had asos back but hope we have a red hot go 4x4 q's.
Camon blues!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 am 
Bruce Doull

I think it’d be excellent for the club to make that gesture.

This happened right near the club’s doorstep, so they should stand with the local community as well as continue their stance on violence against women.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stone Free wrote:
There is a massive groundswell of support over on Reddit for us to wear black arm band and orange socks in honour of Eurydice who was so tragically attacked a stones throw from our ground. This pecinct is synonymous with our club and it wouldn't be right for it to go unmentioned. If we want to, as a club, stand against violence against women, then I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring this front and centre.

Apparently the board has been approached, but it's up to AFL management to give the okay to alter the uniform.

Excellent.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:42 am 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:

This happened right near the club’s doorstep, so they should stand with the local community as well as continue their stance on violence against women.

Useless grandstanding, virtue signalling and empty rhetoric solves nothing, show us a community that encourages violence against women first. Call for tougher sentencing for violent offenders across the board; regardless of sex, race, circumstance. Until then stick your candlelight vigil mentality up your arse.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

smithy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Useless grandstanding, virtue signalling and empty rhetoric solves nothing, show us a community that encourages violence against women first. Call for tougher sentencing for violent offenders across the board; regardless of sex, race, circumstance. Until then stick your candlelight vigil mentality up your arse.

I disagree it's useless grandstanding. I do agree with your point re tougher approach/sentencing though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:54 am 
Harry Vallence

smithy wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Communities may not 'encourage' violence against women but it is certainly accepted and turned a blind eye in many places around the world. Just out of interest, if it was 'grandstanding' what negatives would come from this?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:15 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/8 ... _black_arm

For those interested, the idea came from a Richmond supporter and has had widespread support across all supporters.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:16 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Freo have really loaded up on short arse defenders today. I can see Curnow, Casboult and Kerr kicking 10 between them.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7