Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Effes wrote:
Handicap was 48.5 points

If only we'd kicked straight.

As usual dominated a lot of the 3rd quarter but couldn't convert.

Competitive with Cripps scragged and on one leg.

Kerr presenting well.

C Curnow pretty good while getting scragged as well.

Not a bad comeback from Silvagni.

Kerridge some very good and bad as usual.

Jones pretty good in defence.

Kreuzer a poor showing, letting that spud Sinclair out mark him so often and hurt him up forward.

Lang good first half then ran out of puff.

We are playing with 21 every match that O'Brien plays at the moment unfortunately.

Lamb not enough of the ball as usual.

Dow the 2nd most clearances.

o'brien that bad really?

Maybe meant O'Shea?

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:50 pm 
John Nicholls

verbs wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
Very different viewpoint from King and Dermie who talked up Carlton's effort and future to Roos who called this a comprehensive defeat.
What did we do to this bloke?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Franklin gets two goals from frees. One when Rowe’s finger gets caught in his jumper. The other from a dubious 50m penalty. Sinclair and Kreuzer wrestle and a free is plucked to Sinclair, he goals. Heeney. Parker. Both dead in front.

Meanwhile C Curnow and Wright get free kicks on goal and miss.

Comprehensive.

Poor skills kill us every time.

Robert Walls

Not sure how many more times it needs to be said but if SPS does not go back to the VFL, his poor exposed form at AFL level will only solidify the view of many that he is starting to move from 'concern' to 'poor selection'

Just doesn't do enough. Period.

Are we shit scared that if we drop him, he'll crack the sads and want to go back to WA?????

Wayne Johnston

verbs wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
Very different viewpoint from King and Dermie who talked up Carlton's effort and future to Roos who called this a comprehensive defeat.
What did we do to this bloke?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Franklin gets two goals from frees. One when Rowe’s finger gets caught in his jumper. The other from a dubious 50m penalty. Sinclair and Kreuzer wrestle and a free is plucked to Sinclair, he goals. Heeney. Parker. Both dead in front.

Meanwhile C Curnow and Wright get free kicks on goal and miss.

Comprehensive.

Parker is untouchable (they should nick-name him Eliot Ness)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The Duke wrote:
What's with the umpire telling that dick the rules? It's not his job to tell him he can't run around, FFS!

And then letting him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
MIL wrote:
AGRO wrote:
I seriously can’t believe how bad we can be to only lose by 5 goals.

I’m surprised to be sitting in my lounge room surrounded by a broken aroma candle holder, a broken remote control a broken leg off the coffee table a broken picture frame and anything else that was within arms reach.

:mad:

A broken man following a broken club Aggers ?

But there is a future. One without O'Shite and Daisy, and Kerridge (yes tries hard but kills us...no premiership team has them). With a full list plus recruits we should start the climb next year.

I really aren't sure about SPS. On form his future seems bleak. But early days and showed enough in his first year to think he was a gun. Next year is his big year for me.....

Not broken just angry - I get very angry when we lose.

This century I’ve been angry 66% of the time.

We could still be the first to the 17th you know ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

for mine

when your older blokes butcher the ball time and time again what hope have you got? That's not game plan or coaching or anything buit not having the skills in the old blokes who should be leading the youth forward. Its the kids trying to lead the old blokes forward - until the kids have the experience and the old guys like Kerridge, Thomas are gone we have no hope. Shame Kerr missed two getables tonight. Many of the kids looked stuffed by the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:58 pm 
Craig Bradley

Good thing with SOS though we found a role for him. Mids who can go forward and kick goals are really handy. Kerr looks a player, really leads well. Has good body strength in the VFL but at AFL level couldn't match Grundy in that dept as expected at his age. Love his ability to lead. That bullet pass from Jones and lightning lead from Kerr that resulted in our first goal I haven't seen seen the days of Houlihan bulletting in to Fev on the lead.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Simpson....wow

ABC Footballer of the Year votes for #AFLSwansBlues
3 - Josh Kennedy (SYD)
2 - Isaac Heeney (SYD)
1 - Kade Simpson (CARL)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

AFL website sez...

BEST

Carlton: Simpson, Kerridge, Kruezer, Weitering, Silvagni, C. Curnow

Either the AFL writers or I have no clue about footy. Clue: it's probably the one who can't even spell the @#$%&! players' names.

Stephen Kernahan

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Simpson....wow

3 - Josh Kennedy (SYD)
2 - Isaac Heeney (SYD)
1 - Kade Simpson (CARL)

I think they've assessed his importance to both teams in the final outcome. He did as much for them as he did for us.

Harsh on the old man but he wasn't on his own.

Craig Bradley

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Simpson....wow

3 - Josh Kennedy (SYD)
2 - Isaac Heeney (SYD)
1 - Kade Simpson (CARL)

Simmo blundered alot early on, eye watering at times, but got alot better as the game went.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:02 pm 
Bob Chitty

jim wrote:
Good thing with SOS though we found a role for him. Mids who can go forward and kick goals are really handy. Kerr looks a player, really leads well. Has good body strength in the VFL but at AFL level couldn't match Grundy in that dept as expected at his age. Love his ability to lead. That bullet pass from Jones and lightning lead from Kerr that resulted in our first goal I haven't seen seen the days of Houlihan bulletting in to Fev on the lead.

One of my fav post game interviews was when Fev was asked if his eye lit up more when Murphy or Gibbs was kicking to him and he said without hesitation "Nah Hoops! When he has the ball in space I know it's hitting me on the chest. I love Hoops".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crippa wrote:
jim wrote:

One of my fav post game interviews was when Fev was asked if his eye lit up more when Murphy or Gibbs was kicking to him and he said without hesitation "Nah Hoops! When he has the ball in space I know it's hitting me on the chest. I love Hoops".

Yes!

I liked Kerr's quick leads. That can open up a forward line. Fev used to find away amongst congestion and that helped open it up.

Reckon McKay and Kerr and hold up our forward line for number of years. Allows Charlie to play other roles.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Looking fwd to seeing Kerr team with Casboult

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jim wrote:
Crippa wrote:
jim wrote:

Yes!

I liked Kerr's quick leads. That can open up a forward line. Fev used to find away amongst congestion and that helped open it up.

Reckon McKay and Kerr and hold up our forward line for number of years. Allows Charlie to play other roles.

And allows us to recruit gun mids for 2 years in a row, plus small forward types later in the drafts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:15 pm 
Robert Walls

Simpson Rowe Kerridge and Thomas take a bow (so giving you a kick up the arse is easier!!!!)

The four of you cost us the game with poor execution and poor decision making

And memo to Dow, SPS and O'Brien
TAKE THE FLOWERING SHOT AT GOAL IF YOU"RE IN RANGE. You won't get dropped to the VFL (especially you Samo)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

I’m disappointed I didn’t get a vote if Simpson got one.
I also want to punch the players who kept slipping over

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
Simpson Rowe Kerridge and Thomas take a bow (so giving you a kick up the arse is easier!!!!)

The four of you cost us the game with poor execution and poor decision making

And memo to Dow, SPS and O'Brien
TAKE THE FLOWERING SHOT AT GOAL IF YOU"RE IN RANGE. You won't get dropped to the VFL (especially you Samo)

Kerridge had a great game, shut Hanneberry down and got a ton of ball, and was involved in several scoring opportunities. Rowe also beat Franklin, with the umps handing the latter a couple of freebies to keep the local punters happy. Thomas was WOG, Simpson woeful early but OK second half.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Carlton FC
‏Verified account @CarltonFC
3m3 minutes ago

Bolton: We’re on the right track. I’ve said that all along.
Bolton: We were in the fight for most of the game, but our third quarter cost us.
Bolton: Silvagni was a positive tonight. He showed encouraging signs in the first half.
Bolton: Jones was terrific tonight. He intercepted very well.
Bolton: We didn’t use the ball well out of defence in the third term, and we didn’t execute at the other end. That was the difference.
Bolton: Ed Curnow is a workhorse. He’s had to scrap and fight for his career, and that shows the way for our youngsters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next