Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

Bluesman44 wrote:
I have long since stopped getting angry or disappointed when we lose this season as I accept it as a foregone conclusion at the start of every match. I could go on and on about all the things we do wrong week after week and the poor list management and recruitment decisions made, but what would be the point? Clearly the coaching staff or club management don't read these forums or listen to their supporters. They are obviously too busy with fluff twitter posts or patting themselves on the back for this, that or the other. 2002 was the worst season I have experienced with them only winning 3 games but I can see this one being worse. Until this team and management can act like they care then why should I?

:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:05 pm 
Robert Walls

scottopee wrote:
Pros

Dow improving every game
Kerr showing glimpses
Kerridges job on Hannebery
Weitering played his best game for the year and looks like he's got his confidence back
Jones being more solid
SOS showing he can play lacks pace but smart

Cons

Thomas and Rowe cooked and Simmo limping to 300
How can we continue to handball to the opposition its the easiest skill in the game!!!
O'Brien needs a spell
Lamb offers very little
O'Shea surely has to go anyone can take his spot
Cripps had a shocker let off very easy for the missed tackle on Parker where he just fell over. Seem to remember Murphy being slaughtered on here for missing a tackle as Captain against the Swans last year and also being banged up but he didn't get any excuses.
Kerridge's disposal was terrible please only handball and hit the first option
We got a very good go from the umpires yet still plenty of whinging

In the eyes of some, that is considered heresy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:09 am 
Harry Vallence

Dominator_7 wrote:
Apart from Levi, don’t see anyone else who has benefited from Sav Rocca’s Goal kicking coaching.
We re the only team who simultaneously haven’t got a decent kick out strategy, and haven’t got s decent strategy for entering our forward 50.

This bothers me greatly too, how hard is it to come up with 3 or 4 set plays for a stop play/ delayed forward entry, or from a kickout. Melbourne do this quite well I noticed today at the game.
Hogan or McDonald will lead taking a defender or two. The kicker will deliberately put the pass 5 meters over the leading player to a waiting 2nd trailer, simple and effective got 3 goals from that play. They had a few other methods as well for slow play entries. Whereas some teams like us will take forever to get into fwd 50; waiting until there is 16 defenders back...have no plan and then bomb it on the heads of 20 players :screwy: .
Also teams that get sucked too far up the ground defending simply cannot score because they have no options in transition, fmd it's not rocket science, but the same shit teams do it over and over.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:57 am 
Rod Ashman

redback wrote:
verbs wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
Very different viewpoint from King and Dermie who talked up Carlton's effort and future to Roos who called this a comprehensive defeat.
What did we do to this bloke?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Franklin gets two goals from frees. One when Rowe’s finger gets caught in his jumper. The other from a dubious 50m penalty. Sinclair and Kreuzer wrestle and a free is plucked to Sinclair, he goals. Heeney. Parker. Both dead in front.

Meanwhile C Curnow and Wright get free kicks on goal and miss.

Comprehensive.

Both there, if it was us we would be cracking it sideways if we didn't get them.
Why in gods name would you hold onto a jumper and pull your opponent towards you when you fly for the ball. Come on please.

Agree.
Overall I think we played better than I was expecting but as Clarkson once said we weren’t good enough or hard enough for long enough.
Lots of teachable moments. I believe we are getting better. At some point in the next 18-24months, we will improve dramatically. Patience.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:45 am 
Stephen Kernahan

If you watch just about every marking contest where the KPD and KPF engage with one another there are potential holds , over the shoulder , arm chops and jumper tugs . That includes the period before the ball is even kicked to them and after if the ball hits the deck.

If you had 4 cameras on it and scrutinised from diff angles you could pull a free kick to someone 90% of the time. The jumper tug gets pulled up rarely but it's used routinely by both players .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:11 am 
Craig Bradley

smithy wrote:
The kicker will deliberately put the pass 5 meters over the leading player to a waiting 2nd trailer.

Pretty clever, if it's actually deliberate. I suspect we're talking about miskicks actually. But they do move the ball quickly and have a potent forward line, so it works pretty well. Even when they're miskicking it!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

No MVP votes this week?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

kezza wrote:
No MVP votes this week?

Yeah really, let's get this thing done cause I have the memory of a goldfish. :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

kezza wrote:
No MVP votes this week?

GreatEx wrote:
kezza wrote:
No MVP votes this week?

Yeah really, let's get this thing done cause I have the memory of a goldfish. :smile:

Sorry, here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36208

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

Grassy arse!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

Stefchook wrote:
smithy wrote:
The kicker will deliberately put the pass 5 meters over the leading player to a waiting 2nd trailer.

Pretty clever, if it's actually deliberate. I suspect we're talking about miskicks actually. But they do move the ball quickly and have a potent forward line, so it works pretty well. Even when they're miskicking it!

No, wasn't a miskick. At first I thought the same, but it happened too many times...there was a method behind it, they way they used Fritsch as the main link out of defence in the second half was brilliant as well. Effective use of a high half forward, we should look at it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

smithy wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
Apart from Levi, don’t see anyone else who has benefited from Sav Rocca’s Goal kicking coaching.
We re the only team who simultaneously haven’t got a decent kick out strategy, and haven’t got s decent strategy for entering our forward 50.

This bothers me greatly too, how hard is it to come up with 3 or 4 set plays for a stop play/ delayed forward entry, or from a kickout. Melbourne do this quite well I noticed today at the game.
Hogan or McDonald will lead taking a defender or two. The kicker will deliberately put the pass 5 meters over the leading player to a waiting 2nd trailer, simple and effective got 3 goals from that play. They had a few other methods as well for slow play entries. Whereas some teams like us will take forever to get into fwd 50; waiting until there is 16 defenders back...have no plan and then bomb it on the heads of 20 players :screwy: .
Also teams that get sucked too far up the ground defending simply cannot score because they have no options in transition, fmd it's not rocket science, but the same shit teams do it over and over.

Good observation.

Thanks smithy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

At least we didn't get beaten by the Buddy show again. I like it when we demonstrate we've actually learnt something from last time we played against a particular opposition. Our defensive organisation has been much better 3 out of the last 4 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:53 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree Stef and if only when we play Brisbane like every other team tag Zorko and also get a good start rather than letting them get 8 or 9 goals up in the first quarter we will have learnt something from last time :yikes:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes, yes please. That has driven me bonkers the last 2 years as well. :banghead:

There's 2 players to shut out, if you want to beat Brisbane. Zorko and Beams. Because they're goalkickers.

It's not hard. Don't put a 1st year player or a fringe player on Zorko. Why not, say, put Ed on him?
And when Beams goes forward. Don't let Daisy go to him. ASOS, SOJ, Lamb, Kerridge, etc. Anyone who's prepared to sacrifice his own game for the good of the side.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

10 C Sinclair
8 Heeney
4 G Hewett
3 Parker
2 J Lloyd
2 K Simpson
1 L Jones

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:41 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

that'll sting big Kreuz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:
that'll sting big Kreuz

Kreuz has a couple of big weeks after the bye ...... Sandilands (if fit) then Grundy. Both are better than Sinclair.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6