Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:18 pm 
formerly King Kenny

AGRO wrote:
I’m not too sure but I think Charlie and Ed Curnow come from Geelong, can someone please verify and confirm that?

23rd and 24th man

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:19 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

It was all about defence tonight. Never had any intention of trying to score to win.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:21 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Rexy wrote:
It was all about defence tonight. Never had any intention of trying to score to win.

We had more scoring shots?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:22 pm 
Bert Deacon

AGRO wrote:
I’m not too sure but I think Charlie and Ed Curnow come from Geelong, can someone please verify and confirm that?

Yes that way, not sure if it’s Geelong or Torquay or something but went to Geelong Grammar and played Falcons U/18’s.

Rumours were they were putting a war chest together to put in front of Charlie.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:

Apparently so. And they had lots of family and friends in the crowd.

Stephen Kernahan

I'll take the effort.
That's all I wanted to see tonight. The loss is a bugger and with a bit less chaos we might have been up there at the end.

Obviouosly Scott doesn't rate Kreuzer as a ruckman because they just let him go unopposed half the time, knowing he would still just hit it somewhere near Cripps, then pounce on Cripps. That last bit is easier said than done.

St Kilda got pasted on AFL 360 by Kingy for only having one way inside 50 and that is the long kick to the goal line. We are exactly the same and we get the same results as StK. Loss after loss. Curnow, McKay and Kerr didn't get one mark inside 50 that I can remember. The team as a unit rarely gets one. That's our Achilles heel in attack. Add to that our complete desire to avoid the corridor even when it is available and you have a recipe for being 18th.

Well done on the intensity to the boys. Now do it every week.

Last edited by Blue Sombrero on Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rod Ashman

Good effort but very frustrating. McKay needs to go for the ball with mote conviction. Lamb back to the 2s. Need to be able to at least bring ball to ground and hold it in on our forward line.
Plowman very good. SPS good and the usual suspects. Dow xlt. Fish having great season. Curnow Cripps and Kreuzer give us the toughest midfield going round. Need a Craig Bradley to finish their work. Really disappointing we didn't take our chances

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Cripps is getting smashed and bashed every week, we desperately need to recruit a genuine hard and violent player to knock out and run through a few of the blokes hanging off him.
They have to be made to think twice and have some fear, a Byron Pickett type would be perfect... start him 15 meters off a stoppage and get him to hit the player at a hundred miles an hour.

O'Brien needs a spell he is nowhere near ready, they are not looking after him by playing him in the seniors atm, and whoever the f### keeps thinking it's a good idea to play O'Shea needs to piss off from ever selecting a side ever again.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

The Normal One wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Our style of play from defence. Every move forward is a just a hack upfield. Nothing technical about it.

Geoff Southby

Skills and goal kicking are for the bin.
This was the one that got away.
Final result doesn’t reflect the reality of the game.

Ken Hunter

Hibbo wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Yes that way, not sure if it’s Geelong or Torquay or something but went to Geelong Grammar and played Falcons U/18’s.

That is the rumour.
Gerard Whately will be rightly outraged if he doesn't end up there.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Sombrero wrote:
I'll take the effort.
That's all I wanted to see tonight. The loss is a bugger and with a bit less chaos we might have been up there at the end.

Obviouosly Scott doesn't rate Kreuzer as a ruckman because they just let him go unopposed half the time, knowing he would still just hit it somewhere near Cripps, then pounce on Cripps. That last bit is easier said than done.

St Kilda got paasted on AFL 360 by Kingy for only having one way inside 50 and that is the long kick to the goal line. We are exactly the same and we get the same results as StK. Loss after loss. Curnow, McKay and Kerr didn't get one mark inside 50 that I can remember. The team as a unit rarely gets one. That's out Achilles heel in attack. Add to that our complete desire to avoid the corridor even when it is available and you have a recipe for being 18th.

Well done on the intensity to the boys. Now do it every week.

Kerr got a couple as did Charlie, early but that was. Hard work for kids trying to mark in that mess. Anyway, happy to keep them all in until Levi returns. Kerr's getting important experience, something to help him go forward when in eventually returns to the VFL. Glad we gave him another shot after last week.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

smithy wrote:
Cripps is getting smashed and bashed every week, we desperately need to recruit a genuine hard and violent player to knock out and run through a few of the blokes hanging off him.
They have to be made to think twice and have some fear, a Byron Pickett type would be perfect... start him 15 meters off a stoppage and get him to hit the player at a hundred miles an hour.

O'Brien needs a spell he is nowhere near ready, they are not looking after him by playing him in the seniors atm, and whoever the f### keeps thinking it's a good idea to play O'Shea needs to piss off from ever selecting a side ever again.

O'Brien, like Kerr, will take plenty back to the VFL when they eventually go back there. Experience has been great for both.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hibbo wrote:
AGRO wrote:

No chance, they would be maxed out.. and more than likely already over the cap atm

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Plenty to like from tonight from our youngsters, but our game style is very ordinary. It's scratching, hacking, little skill needed to play it, and did I mention taxing?

Many players need a spell and can see the end of next week. The biggest danger is the players look too much forward to the break and drop their bundle on Friday night football.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
smithy wrote:

O'Brien, like Kerr, will take plenty back to the VFL when they eventually go back there. Experience has been great for both.

Yeah they have given him a taste of what is required, but best not to demoralize a kid who's body is not even close to ready, not referring to his size; his body strength is that of a 15 or 16 year old, Dow on the other hand already has excellent core strength, even Fisher was way ahead of O'Brien in his first year as far as body strength and being able to apply pressure despite being smaller.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:46 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Rexy wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Our style of play from defence. Every move forward is a just a hack upfield. Nothing technical about it.

I agree, but when you have Doc, Byrne, Willo out, O’Shea, or a choice of Rowe and Jones in, it makes a huge difference.

Macreadie would be playing if he was fit ahead of O’Shea too.

O’Shea was drafted as depth. Great VFL player who can help our development, but he has to play AFL due to injuries.

We actually have limited half bank flankers now.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Have to disagree that we have to play O'Shea because of injuries, could still easily play others ahead of him that would be better despite the injuries.
Bringing Jack Silvagni in to play that med def role would immediately make us a better team.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

While I agree O'Shea is probably the worst player in the AFL, conversely I thought he played one of his better games tonight.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
Have to disagree that we have to play O'Shea because of injuries, could still easily play others ahead of him that would be better despite the injuries.
Bringing Jack Silvagni in to play that med def role would immediately make us a better team.

Nah. Jack is too slow for HBF and his kicking is ordinary as well.
His go is third forward where he can tackle and make position. He is good at finding space but not good at getting people to kick it to him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next