Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:09 am 
Robert Walls

Braithy wrote:
plowman, weiters and sps were really good. hopefully that becomes their baseline as of now.

hate to be a broken record ... but there's too much a sample size here now to avoid. murphy needs to be put out to the leadership pasture and cripps' time is now. when murhphy is captain, the team follows him - into softness and unaccountability; when cripps is captain, they follow him and play with accountability and an edge.

I have a gut feeling that Murph is reading the tea leaves about the future without him as captain and wants out

And..I reckon his 'foot' injury will play out for longer than expected. There's something very smelly (not about the foot :wink: ) but about his public comments, his injury and the perception that we play better when Cripps leads.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:18 am 
John James

One thing that stood out for me was the clean hands of Fisher, Dow and SPS in the dewey conditions.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:34 am 
Geoff Southby

kezza wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
3 of their goals directly from Same Rowe moments.
2 time he should ve punched the ball through for a point on the last line of defence, but instead allowed Hawkins to mark on the goal line. And another time he gave away a silly holding free, which Hawkins goaled from.
In a game where goals were few and far between, these were massive stuff ups by a senior player, and that's in a nutshell, why he frustrates fans so much.

Gerard Whately’s sphincter would’ve been pretty squeaky in that last quarter though, at the prospect of a Blues win. He won’t take back all the rubbish he spoke about us all last week, but our performance, particularly from the kids, is satisfying enough

I cant stand Whately now.

One of the best foxtel commentators is Jason Dunstall, he has a good footy brain.

Whately used to be so measured and objective. Has totally changed since he's been 'Hutchyed' and crossed over to SEN.
Really used to balance out Robbo's buffoonery on 360, but he's now morphed into a geekier, 'Mr Burnsier' version of him.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:54 am 
Craig Bradley

bluedog wrote:
Fantastic to hear Complete Dairy being mentioned in both of the post-match interviews.

A truly ethical company which delivers a highly nutritious and essential product for our players.

And let's face it, without Complete Dairy, we wouldn't have the post-match interviews in the first place.

Well done Complete Dairy for your work, and well done CFC for not only taking them on board as a sponsor, but also for going to the trouble of weaving them into the interviews.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-05-26/postmatch-kade-simpson

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-05-26/postmatch-lochie-obrien

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:10 am 
Ken Hands

Geelong are one of the most frustrating teams to play. Not because they are better than us but because of their whinging for frees and fanfare about Ablett who spent the game spiking to the umpires. Was hoping Daisy would knock his block off.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Braithy wrote:
plowman, weiters and sps were really good. hopefully that becomes their baseline as of now.

hate to be a broken record ... but there's too much a sample size here now to avoid. murphy needs to be put out to the leadership pasture and cripps' time is now. when murhphy is captain, the team follows him - into softness and unaccountability; when cripps is captain, they follow him and play with accountability and an edge.

I have a gut feeling that Murph is reading the tea leaves about the future without him as captain and wants out

And..I reckon his 'foot' injury will play out for longer than expected. There's something very smelly (not about the foot :wink: ) but about his public comments, his injury and the perception that we play better when Cripps leads.

fragile ego is one of the reasons he should just play, and hand over the captaincy.
I reckon he has never recovered from wife comments ...most unfortunate but it got to him big time.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:29 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluedog wrote:
Fantastic to hear Complete Dairy being mentioned in both of the post-match interviews.

A truly ethical company which delivers a highly nutritious and essential product for our players.

And let's face it, without Complete Dairy, we wouldn't have the post-match interviews in the first place.

Well done Complete Dairy for your work, and well done CFC for not only taking them on board as a sponsor, but also for going to the trouble of weaving them into the interviews.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-05-26/postmatch-kade-simpson

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-05-26/postmatch-lochie-obrien

Sugarcoater

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:43 am 
Trevor Keogh

frank dardew wrote:
Having anyone replace OShea is a step forward he is dreadful

Positives

Much better than lamentable performance last week

Ed Kreuz Cripps and Simmo good

Another game Kerr obrien dow

Fisher and Charlie are going to be very good

H down on previous performances but needs plenty of senior footy

Weiters and SPS better tonight
Geelong are pretty crap and won't win the premiership
Negatives

Shots for goal
Disposal sloppy
Playing at that crap ground instead of the G or Etihad

Hawkins continually whinging for free kicks

Foxtel telecast with Mooney and Dwayne didn't know Carlton were playing
Ridiculous fascination with Ablett who is just going

Dwayne called Ablett the best player of all time. He is not even the best player in his family .

☺️☺️ sorry, I love that joke .

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I think Gazza deserves the best player title.
He is just getting on. Must be frustrating for him. also does not excuse the hideous 'fold like an accordion' tricks he was using last nite.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:59 pm 
Bruce Comben

Typical post-game interview by Chris 'Serena' Scott. After behaving like a petulant child in the coaching box about umpiring decisions he never once acknowledges the efforts of the opposition. Blues took a significant step against Geelong, they'll pass them soon enough. The measure is about the endeavour and across each line we were pretty good. Leadership is so important in the modern game and in the Cripps v Selwood battle, Crippa tore him a new one. The Cats appear to have big ego problems Danger and Selwood work but bring in the ego of Ablett and now no one wants to get the ball.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

It was an O'shame we lost but I wouldn't really say this game was the one that got away. Can't expect to win without a functioning forward line

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

The boys put in.They had a go.They didn't turn it up...........so,yeah,as far as losses go I'm happy.I think this much maligned defensive game suits us and is our brand.I think the attacking style will evolve slowly and in its own time .Dont force it,stick to what we know and do best.........and hopefully we take it up to Sydney next week COZ i reckon we got a big scalp just around the corner.Sydney are the masters of the chokehold but don't like there own medicine.Really believe we can pull off a big upset.

PS..............for the first time in a long time we have genuine elite talent........its just a matter of time........and i wouldn't be too concerned about Lochie O"Brien coz he puts his head over the footy despite his slight frame.He aint scared.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
The boys put in.They had a go.They didn't turn it up...........so,yeah,as far as losses go I'm happy.I think this much maligned defensive game suits us and is our brand.I think the attacking style will evolve slowly and in its own time .Dont force it,stick to what we know and do best.........and hopefully we take it up to Sydney next week COZ i reckon we got a big scalp just around the corner.Sydney are the masters of the chokehold but don't like there own medicine.Really believe we can pull off a big upset.

PS..............for the first time in a long time we have genuine elite talent........its just a matter of time........and i wouldn't be too concerned about Lochie O"Brien coz he puts his head over the footy despite his slight frame.He aint scared.

He did drop a mark or two and did seem to panic when there were footsteps in the vicinity - and his much vaunted elite disposal has still to manifest itself as yet.

I’m not writing him off yet but pick 10 would seem to be a reach.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:03 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Cuningham has the tools and genuine pace.
Hibbo wrote:
Tough effort.
Cripps, Curnows, Jones, Plowman, Simmo, Weiters, Fisher, SPS, Dow, Kreuzer all remarkable.

OBrien, OShea, Cunningham & McKay all liabilities tonight at crucial times. Is Cunners another Graham, good VF but can’t seem to perform on the big stage.

Lamb doesn’t contribute enough offensively. Carrying a lot and it’s evident late in games.

Think it’s bout time SOS returns. Play him FWD & mid.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:05 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Age wrote:
One thing that stood out for me was the clean hands of Fisher, Dow and SPS in the dewey conditions.
Agree. Polished and assured. Kicking of each was a struggle at times but good hands.

Some poor decision making in the senior group last night

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:43 pm 
Robert Walls

limestone wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Having anyone replace OShea is a step forward he is dreadful

Positives

Much better than lamentable performance last week

Ed Kreuz Cripps and Simmo good

Another game Kerr obrien dow

Fisher and Charlie are going to be very good

H down on previous performances but needs plenty of senior footy

Weiters and SPS better tonight
Geelong are pretty crap and won't win the premiership
Negatives

Shots for goal
Disposal sloppy
Playing at that crap ground instead of the G or Etihad

Hawkins continually whinging for free kicks

Foxtel telecast with Mooney and Dwayne didn't know Carlton were playing
Ridiculous fascination with Ablett who is just going

Dwayne called Ablett the best player of all time. He is not even the best player in his family .

☺️☺️ sorry, I love that joke .

Gary Ablett Jr is the greatest mercenary of all time. Used family as an excuse to go to the GC, took the cash and then when he realised they were going nowhere, used family to get back to Geelong

Nothing will make me happier than to see Gee NOT win a flag with him and that flog dressed up as Mr. John Citizen, Patrick Dangerfield...oh and you can add Selwood to that group

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

99prelim wrote:
Gary Ablett Jr is the greatest mercenary of all time. Used family as an excuse to go to the GC, took the cash and then when he realised they were going nowhere, used family to get back to Geelong

FFS, His sister was suicidal and eventually took her life. Is that not good enough for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:58 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
99prelim wrote:

FFS, His sister was suicidal and eventually took her life. Is that not good enough for you?

What about the other 500 personal stories that are out there that don't get media coverage that the Ablett's get?
He could've taken personal leave like so many others. Bottom line is that he 'checked out of GC' pretty early on

The family situation is tragic and I'm not being flippant about it but go back through the records and you'll find that family was also used as a way to soften the departure from Geel

I will stand by my opinion that he is a mercenary

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

Having lived in Geelong for over 25 years
Now living in Busselton WA
I can say that Geelong supporters are bar
None the worst most painful group out

Ablett sister passing away had little to do
With him coming back
Pissed off for the money then cracks it and Geelong
Fall over themselves with his return

Too many egos at Catland
You don’t recruit 34 year olds unless you think
It can deliver a flag

The fact that they walked out of the ground before
The final siren when Melbourne flogged them when Enright
Played his 300 Th game but they almost have an orgasm when
The bald headed traitor returns sums them up

A pack of load grade country bumpkin turd munchers

As for the Albetts there all a bit weird

And Gaz ain’t a team player
Got a lot of cheap and easies last night

One of the greats but Father Time has arrived

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
Having lived in Geelong for over 25 years
Now living in Busselton WA
I can say that Geelong supporters are bar
None the worst most painful group out

Ablett sister passing away had little to do
With him coming back
Pissed off for the money then cracks it and Geelong
Fall over themselves with his return

Too many egos at Catland
You don’t recruit 34 year olds unless you think
It can deliver a flag

The fact that they walked out of the ground before
The final siren when Melbourne flogged them when Enright
Played his 300 Th game but they almost have an orgasm when
The bald headed traitor returns sums them up

A pack of load grade country bumpkin turd munchers

As for the Albetts there all a bit weird

And Gaz ain’t a team player
Got a lot of cheap and easies last night

One of the greats but Father Time has arrived

I lived in Geelong for 3 years....4 years in Perth and 20 years in Adelaide....there aint much daylight between them....take your pick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next