Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:13 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Rexy wrote:
Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane

Sam Menegola cleared contact S Rowe. Menegola takes Rowe to ground in tackle. Menegola seeks to free himself & in getting to feet, contact primarily made between his shin / Rowe’s back. It was view of the Match Review Officer the action did not constitute a reportable offence.

I expect Whately will demand an AFL appeal

Yes, to demand an apology for the incident even being considered by the MRC

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

8 P Cripps
8 T Stewart
5 Duncan
3 Dangerfield
2 Henry
2 Plowman
1 E Curnow
1 K Simpson

Leaderboard

Round Ten Leaderboard
51 Nat Fyfe (Frem)
46 Patrick Cripps (Carl)
45 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
45 Max Gawn (Melb)
42 Jack Darling (WC)
40 Jack Macrae (WB)
40 Tom Mitchell (Haw)
36 Andrew Gaff (WC)
34 Rory Laird (Adel)
33 Dustin Martin (Rich)
33 Steele Sidebottom (Coll)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

"couple that with Jones who is better than the other 2 but isn't a great disposer of the ball and sometimes decision making is a problem means we haemorrhage goals"
Actually Frank, I reckon Jones has good disposal, certainly compared too most of his teammates

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane

Sam Menegola cleared contact S Rowe. Menegola takes Rowe to ground in tackle. Menegola seeks to free himself & in getting to feet, contact primarily made between his shin / Rowe’s back. It was view of the Match Review Officer the action did not constitute a reportable offence.

firstly may i be allowed to say Bullsh!t
secondly bolton should seek clarification on this matter (from Gil) and should instruct his players that you can now kick/shin someone in the back when they are lying on the ground as it has now set a precedent and is not a reportable offence.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

This is exactly why we need a modern day Chitty. If there is any team it's ok to hit or flex your muscles against it is Carlton, no sanction and no fear of our players.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:07 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Rexy wrote:
Rowes errors were not just unfortunate errors, they were junior level errors that you just can't accept from a senior experienced AFL key defender.
He was ball watching a number of times. His job is to kill the contest

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:08 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

smithy wrote:
This is exactly why we need a modern day Chitty. If there is any team it's ok to hit or flex your muscles against it is Carlton, no sanction and no fear of our players.
MORE CHITTY

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:44 pm 
Bob Chitty

smithy wrote:

simple way to fix it. might cost someone a few weeks on the side line, but id be okay with it.

just send someone our there to be an enforcer .. with clear instructions from the coaching panel to belt a few heads .. if one of our kids is pushed around then blamo .. lined up .. we havent had an enforcer for a very long time, and we need it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Chitty's Finger wrote:
smithy wrote:
MORE CHITTY

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mickstar wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Lucky wrote:
kezza wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
3 of their goals directly from Same Rowe moments.
2 time he should ve punched the ball through for a point on the last line of defence, but instead allowed Hawkins to mark on the goal line. And another time he gave away a silly holding free, which Hawkins goaled from.
In a game where goals were few and far between, these were massive stuff ups by a senior player, and that's in a nutshell, why he frustrates fans so much.

Gerard Whately’s sphincter would’ve been pretty squeaky in that last quarter though, at the prospect of a Blues win. He won’t take back all the rubbish he spoke about us all last week, but our performance, particularly from the kids, is satisfying enough

I cant stand Whately now.
One of the best foxtel commentators is Jason Dunstall, he has a good footy brain.

Absolutely! Piggy is the best AFL commentator going around, he knows what he's talking about and is impartial in his calling of the game where as all the other flogs are always against Carlton.

Give me a grand final Fox commentary team of Jason Bennett, Huddo, Hhhhrrrrevolt and Dunstall and I'll watch it

Yep ! Jason Bennett is a Blues man who never shows it.Totally impartial.Same Scoop Maclure being a Blues man yet stays totally impartial............great team you have nominated Rex.Reckon you could throw in Lethal coz i reckon along with Piggy are miles in front with footy knowledge and impartiality.

Piggy was a Carlton supporter as a kid too

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
smithy wrote:

simple way to fix it. might cost someone a few weeks on the side line, but id be okay with it.

just send someone our there to be an enforcer .. with clear instructions from the coaching panel to belt a few heads .. if one of our kids is pushed around then blamo .. lined up .. we havent had an enforcer for a very long time, and we need it.

O'Shea - He has the tatts and he isn't much chop at anything else.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

5 Duncan...

Which game are we talking about??

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

PROS
Competitive
Better defensive set up
Weitering worked nicely into the game after looking unsure at the start
Jones a lot better defensively
Dow starting to find the ball and has that extra burst of speed we are desperate for.
SPS better
Cripps Kreuz Simmo E.Curnow Fisher all solid

CONS
Parking!!! What a disgrace.
Zero atmosphere the quietist full ground crowd I've heard.
A peanut Carlton supporter! Sit down and shut up!!
Dow and Fishers disposal efficiency needs plenty of work. Dow's kicking can be very poor and Fisher tries to many cute kicks.
Rowe struggled
Cripps trying to do to much and getting caught holding the ball
Charlie getting into a bad habit of trying to take spectacular marks with multiple defenders around all the time instead of leading hard to space more often.
O'Brien Cunningham and Lamb all spilling simple marks because they heard footsteps
Cunningham being played in a Forward Pocket?? why wreck him like that.
Lamb not strong enough at the contest gives up and takes his eyes of the ball too often. Time for a spell.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

scottopee wrote:
PROS
Competitive
Better defensive set up
Dow starting to find the ball and has that extra burst of speed we are desperate for.
SPS better

CONS
Dow and Fishers disposal efficiency needs plenty of work. Dow's kicking can be very poor and Fisher tries to many cute kicks.
Rowe struggled
Charlie getting into a bad habit of trying to take spectacular marks with multiple defenders around all the time instead of leading hard to space more often.
O'Brien Cunningham and Lamb all spilling simple marks because they heard footsteps
Lamb not strong enough at the contest gives up and takes his eyes of the ball too often. Time for a spell.

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

scottopee wrote:

I agree! Very docile lot.

That said - anyone heard reports that someone got glassed at the match? :cry:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
scottopee wrote:

I agree! Very docile lot.

That said - anyone heard reports that someone got glassed at the match? :cry:

Carelessly or deliberately?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:33 pm 
John Nicholls

Just watched the last quarter. There were so many opportunities to nail that game. Seemed a lack of confidence and experience to take the next step and be positive. Big Harry, Dowe and LOB were prime examples. Plenty to like and hoping for further growth on Friday night.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

Taff wrote:
Just watched the last quarter. There were so many opportunities to nail that game. Seemed a lack of confidence and experience to take the next step and be positive. Big Harry, Dowe and LOB were prime examples. Plenty to like and hoping for further growth on Friday night.

Hang on!!!! Did someone mention Friday night?

Fridays for Carlton means that we can only get flogged a hundred times over given that we are not worthy of having such illustrious billing. I am tired of the crap being spewed by all and sundry.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
scottopee wrote:
PROS
Competitive
Better defensive set up
SPS better

CONS
Rowe struggled

What's your problem

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

scottopee wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
scottopee wrote:
PROS
Competitive
Better defensive set up
SPS better

CONS
Rowe struggled

What's your problem

I'll assume that's a question.

You have Lamb all wrong if you think he hears footsteps. He is hard at it. A couple of weeks ago he tok on Sicily and then Goddard, both bigger than he is.
Charlie flying is not a con, it's his strength. He isn't ever going to mark them all. His timing may have been off after his week break.
Second guessing the reason why O'Brien and Cunningham drop marks. Maybe the fact the ball was wet had something to do with it. Maybe they spent it before they had it. Maybe they heard footsteps. Maybe they didn't.

I can't comment about the parking as I have never been silly enough to drive to the footy when the public transport system is a lot easier.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next