Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

muzza wrote:
keogh wrote:
Having lived in Geelong for over 25 years
Now living in Busselton WA
I can say that Geelong supporters are bar
None the worst most painful group out

Ablett sister passing away had little to do
With him coming back
Pissed off for the money then cracks it and Geelong
Fall over themselves with his return

Too many egos at Catland
You don’t recruit 34 year olds unless you think
It can deliver a flag

The fact that they walked out of the ground before
The final siren when Melbourne flogged them when Enright
Played his 300 Th game but they almost have an orgasm when
The bald headed traitor returns sums them up

A pack of load grade country bumpkin turd munchers

As for the Albetts there all a bit weird

And Gaz ain’t a team player
Got a lot of cheap and easies last night

One of the greats but Father Time has arrived

I lived in Geelong for 3 years....4 years in Perth and 20 years in Adelaide....there aint much daylight between them....take your pick.

You lived for 20 years in Adelaide?
Were you in jail or something?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:02 am 
Stephen Kernahan

verbs wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
smithy wrote:
BigKev wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/10/geel-v-carl

2:37 - Not only does Meningitis push Rowes face into the ground two or three times he tops it off with a little boot to head. Should be in trouble for that, (but I suspect he won't be).

I saw that too and was enraged, he's lucky these players are so soft now because I would have punt kicked him to the F##### face next time he was in a pack.

How can the commentators who blow everything up, just simply dismiss this?
Why the f&$@ did Rowe not stand up for himself? Are our seniors really so soft?
I’m outraged seeing this and I haven’t seen the game yet.

Rowe got up and just went on with things. Like Thomas the week before. That’s tough. Lying on the ground whimpering is soft.

Bang!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:33 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Blue Beatle wrote:
limestone wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Having anyone replace OShea is a step forward he is dreadful

Positives

Much better than lamentable performance last week

Ed Kreuz Cripps and Simmo good

Another game Kerr obrien dow

Fisher and Charlie are going to be very good

H down on previous performances but needs plenty of senior footy

Weiters and SPS better tonight
Geelong are pretty crap and won't win the premiership
Negatives

Shots for goal
Disposal sloppy
Playing at that crap ground instead of the G or Etihad

Hawkins continually whinging for free kicks

Foxtel telecast with Mooney and Dwayne didn't know Carlton were playing
Ridiculous fascination with Ablett who is just going

Dwayne called Ablett the best player of all time. He is not even the best player in his family .

☺️☺️ sorry, I love that joke .

Reminds me of the time john lennon was asked if ringo was the best drummer in the world to which he replied that ringo wasnt even the best drummer in the beatles.....
Of course not...... Tommi is.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Awww. True moshe. Very true.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:55 am 
Ken Hunter

chubbyruss wrote:
Crippa wrote:
kezza wrote:
Good effort, another that got away.
Oh, and apparently the Curnow brothers come from the Geelong area.
Wow, I never knew that. Thanks Dwayne.

And how many times did he want to mention we are last. By a big percentage. Flog

The cauliflower annoys me every time he says "wherever you are watching on the planet"

Sack him

There could be Essendon* supporters watching.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:06 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
verbs wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
smithy wrote:
BigKev wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/10/geel-v-carl

2:37 - Not only does Meningitis push Rowes face into the ground two or three times he tops it off with a little boot to head. Should be in trouble for that, (but I suspect he won't be).

I saw that too and was enraged, he's lucky these players are so soft now because I would have punt kicked him to the F##### face next time he was in a pack.

How can the commentators who blow everything up, just simply dismiss this?
Why the f&$@ did Rowe not stand up for himself? Are our seniors really so soft?
I’m outraged seeing this and I haven’t seen the game yet.

Rowe got up and just went on with things. Like Thomas the week before. That’s tough. Lying on the ground whimpering is soft.

Bang!

Dunstall was shocked by it.....not to bash SPS because I seem like I've been doing that alot lately but he marked just outside 50 and acted up the clip he got while players were open inside 50. Cost us I reckon, another reason not to act.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

I feel afl need to get some of its investment back from the Geelong by having some home finals down there.
I don't think they were counting on us being that competitive, but those countless non decisions against us must have been their safety net. I usually don't comment on the umps but Saturday was atrocious.
That coupled with the three biggest entitled sooks made it almost unbearable to watch. I'm just a bit glad we played with a bit more spirit but in all fairness we should have done better.
We've got 3 big forwards but are using them totally wrong, if our set up was better it would have been ours.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:12 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:38 pm 
John James

Pretty sure Juddy is Samo's pressure point mentor.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:46 pm 
Laurie Kerr

kezza wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
3 of their goals directly from Same Rowe moments.
2 time he should ve punched the ball through for a point on the last line of defence, but instead allowed Hawkins to mark on the goal line. And another time he gave away a silly holding free, which Hawkins goaled from.
In a game where goals were few and far between, these were massive stuff ups by a senior player, and that's in a nutshell, why he frustrates fans so much.

Gerard Whately’s sphincter would’ve been pretty squeaky in that last quarter though, at the prospect of a Blues win. He won’t take back all the rubbish he spoke about us all last week, but our performance, particularly from the kids, is satisfying enough

I cant stand Whately now.
One of the best foxtel commentators is Jason Dunstall, he has a good footy brain.

Absolutely! Piggy is the best AFL commentator going around, he knows what he's talking about and is impartial in his calling of the game where as all the other flogs are always against Carlton.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:01 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Lucky wrote:
kezza wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
2 time he should ve punched the ball through for a point on the last line of defence, but instead allowed Hawkins to mark on the goal line. And another time he gave away a silly holding free, which Hawkins goaled from.
In a game where goals were few and far between, these were massive stuff ups by a senior player, and that's in a nutshell, why he frustrates fans so much.

Gerard Whately’s sphincter would’ve been pretty squeaky in that last quarter though, at the prospect of a Blues win. He won’t take back all the rubbish he spoke about us all last week, but our performance, particularly from the kids, is satisfying enough

One of the best foxtel commentators is Jason Dunstall, he has a good footy brain.

Absolutely! Piggy is the best AFL commentator going around, he knows what he's talking about and is impartial in his calling of the game where as all the other flogs are always against Carlton.

Give me a grand final Fox commentary team of Jason Bennett, Huddo, Hhhhrrrrevolt and Dunstall and I'll watch it

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:38 pm 
Bruce Comben

smithy wrote:
Cripps is getting smashed and bashed every week, we desperately need to recruit a genuine hard and violent player to knock out and run through a few of the blokes hanging off him.
They have to be made to think twice and have some fear, a Byron Pickett type would be perfect... start him 15 meters off a stoppage and get him to hit the player at a hundred miles an hour.

Like Mitch Robinson....oh wait....another one gone

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

Rexy wrote:
Lucky wrote:
kezza wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:

Give me a grand final Fox commentary team of Jason Bennett, Huddo, Hhhhrrrrevolt and Dunstall and I'll watch it

Yep ! Jason Bennett is a Blues man who never shows it.Totally impartial.Same Scoop Maclure being a Blues man yet stays totally impartial............great team you have nominated Rex.Reckon you could throw in Lethal coz i reckon along with Piggy are miles in front with footy knowledge and impartiality.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

Just watched the game again. We so should have won. SPS two very gettables in 3rd. Dow's shot a foot short. Harry shot open goal in last, then couldn't find the handle after Wright's poor handball, would have been clear running in from 40,and then went backwards and waited instead forward to meet the ball after Kerr's clever kick. Cripps falls a metre short. LOB puts himself under pressure trying to get back to left and kicks out. Great effort after 4 goal start but really frustrating. I hope Fisher lob and Harry are working really hard on their non preferred. As great as Simmo has been it annoys me that in 16 years he has never improved his right side. And Sam Rowe please don't miss goal line spoils. What chance are we to get Gaff? Might have to barrack for a wce flag this year so he's ticked that box.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

bosustow63 wrote:
smithy wrote:
Cripps is getting smashed and bashed every week, we desperately need to recruit a genuine hard and violent player to knock out and run through a few of the blokes hanging off him.
They have to be made to think twice and have some fear, a Byron Pickett type would be perfect... start him 15 meters off a stoppage and get him to hit the player at a hundred miles an hour.

Like Mitch Robinson....oh wait....another one gone

Yeah good call. Was almost going to mention him, he would be very handy.... sigh.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:44 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Rowes errors were not just unfortunate errors, they were junior level errors that you just can't accept from a senior experienced AFL key defender.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree Rexy that is why it is diabolical to have Rowe and OShea in the backline together - not great decision makers -error prone but make the most egregious errors - create goals for the opposition too readily - not great by hand or foot and provide zilch run and carry - couple that with Jones who is better than the other 2 but isn't a great disposer of the ball and sometimes decision making is a problem means we haemorrhage goals

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

harsh but true frank

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane

Sam Menegola cleared contact S Rowe. Menegola takes Rowe to ground in tackle. Menegola seeks to free himself & in getting to feet, contact primarily made between his shin / Rowe’s back. It was view of the Match Review Officer the action did not constitute a reportable offence.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:03 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Effes wrote:
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane

Sam Menegola cleared contact S Rowe. Menegola takes Rowe to ground in tackle. Menegola seeks to free himself & in getting to feet, contact primarily made between his shin / Rowe’s back. It was view of the Match Review Officer the action did not constitute a reportable offence.

I expect Whately will demand an AFL appeal

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next