Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
scottopee wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
scottopee wrote:
PROS
Competitive
Better defensive set up
Weitering worked nicely into the game after looking unsure at the start
Jones a lot better defensively
Dow starting to find the ball and has that extra burst of speed we are desperate for.
SPS better
Cripps Kreuz Simmo E.Curnow Fisher all solid

CONS
Parking!!! What a disgrace.
Zero atmosphere the quietist full ground crowd I've heard.
A peanut Carlton supporter! Sit down and shut up!!
Dow and Fishers disposal efficiency needs plenty of work. Dow's kicking can be very poor and Fisher tries to many cute kicks.
Rowe struggled
Cripps trying to do to much and getting caught holding the ball
Charlie getting into a bad habit of trying to take spectacular marks with multiple defenders around all the time instead of leading hard to space more often.
O'Brien Cunningham and Lamb all spilling simple marks because they heard footsteps
Cunningham being played in a Forward Pocket?? why wreck him like that.
Lamb not strong enough at the contest gives up and takes his eyes of the ball too often. Time for a spell.

:roll:

What's your problem

I'll assume that's a question.

You have Lamb all wrong if you think he hears footsteps. He is hard at it. A couple of weeks ago he tok on Sicily and then Goddard, both bigger than he is.
Charlie flying is not a con, it's his strength. He isn't ever going to mark them all. His timing may have been off after his week break.
Second guessing the reason why O'Brien and Cunningham drop marks. Maybe the fact the ball was wet had something to do with it. Maybe they spent it before they had it. Maybe they heard footsteps. Maybe they didn't.

I can't comment about the parking as I have never been silly enough to drive to the footy when the public transport system is a lot easier.

Don't particularly want to take a 1yr old plus a 8 and 12yr old on the train from Melbourne so wouldn't call that silly.

Lamb playing against bigger bodies is irrelevant its how he attacks the ball which I saw him 20m away put in short steps several times.

As for dropping marks yep the ball was slippery but the players looked behind them as soon as they dropped the mark meaning the were worried about what was coming (which everyone has done if the have played footy at some stage) so the kids need to get it out of their game.

Charlie flying for marks isn't the con its having to fly for every mark on the night as he lead straight down the line straight into the Geelong zone every time usually 1v2 or 2v3. We all know he can take a grab but he had to make leads into space to mix it up and try and get one on one like he did against Richmond.

Just calling it as I saw it :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I always look behind the player when he takes a mark as well, in the vain hope someone will be running past.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8