Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:55 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

wake me up in 2020

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 pm 
Robert Walls

MIL wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Graham would have every right to be very pissed off

Yep ! too many mixed messages for mine.Sorta rules for some and not for others................starting to get a tad hypocritical.

Have been saying it for some time

BB is stubborn...will wait as long as it takes for SPS and O'Shea to find form to vindicate his selection but drops Cunners, Polson, JSOS and now Graham AT THE FLOWERING DROP OF A HAT.

Na, JSOS was persevered with for a long time when he was struggling. But O'Shite amazes me.

And we've perservered with SPS for about 20 games (a couple of glimpses but pretty much fair to shithouse)

And why havent we perservered more with Cunners and Polson like JSOS and SPS

Like I said, it's Animal Farm at selection

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:15 pm 
Bruce Comben

From what I'm hearing there are a number of injuries being managed with players who still on the field.

The club appears to be managing not just a plague of injuries - but also some sort of group malaise - Weitering.

Pretty sure the club can see O'shea stuffing things up - but we have to maintain some semblance of reality with our age spreads.

So SPS is struggling with physical issues - needs continuity in the long term. Graham is a player on his last contract - he has stats he has to hit or is gone. Its not just about managing the team with Graham. O'shea is just cattle.

We are looking to 2019+ and are prepared to sacrifice for the benefit of the long term picture - but MUST balance that with caring for our current crop.

Graham being dropped is part of pushing him to be better - same as JSOS - O'shea being allowed to play is all about "nah, you're crap, we're not going to bother trying to instill any hope, give you KPI's or dangle hope - just stay out there and provide some flesh".

The Blues are going through a massive "big picture" restructure - the damned thing keeps getting dragged out of the garage for mandatory lap trials and qualification sprints while half the engine is still in the shed, cylinders missing, no turbo, nitro empty, blower on the fritz - but thats all getting fitted along with juicy extras.

This time - they don't know we are coming.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:16 pm 
Robert Walls

grrofunger wrote:
Nick Graham is not a very good player

Neither is Cam O'Shea

Yet O'Shea is getting continuity even when we appear to be at least carrying 1 tall too many and short on midfield rotations.

As average as he is Graham was far from our worst last week.

People can spin it anyway they like. I'm not a massive fan of Graham but he did not deserve to be dropped (given how many players HAVENT been dropped over the last two years for consecutive games of shitness)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:18 pm 
Robert Walls

audas wrote:
From what I'm hearing there are a number of injuries being managed with players who still on the field.

The club appears to be managing not just a plague of injuries - but also some sort of group malaise - Weitering.

Pretty sure the club can see O'shea stuffing things up - but we have to maintain some semblance of reality with our age spreads.

So SPS is struggling with physical issues - needs continuity in the long term. Graham is a player on his last contract - he has stats he has to hit or is gone. Its not just about managing the team with Graham. O'shea is just cattle.

We are looking to 2019+ and are prepared to sacrifice for the benefit of the long term picture - but MUST balance that with caring for our current crop.

Graham being dropped is part of pushing him to be better - same as JSOS - O'shea being allowed to play is all about "nah, you're crap, we're not going to bother trying to instill any hope, give you KPI's or dangle hope - just stay out there and provide some flesh".

The Blues are going through a massive "big picture" restructure - the damned thing keeps getting dragged out of the garage for mandatory lap trials and qualification sprints while half the engine is still in the shed, cylinders missing, no turbo, nitro empty, blower on the fritz - but thats all getting fitted along with juicy extras.

Is he the only player who needs continuity?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Lord of the Flies on here this week.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:10 am 
Horrie Clover

Spoiler Alert: I'm not the Big Footy Eric Pascoe but just little old me.
Nick Graham- was a super Under 18 player at Sandy. Good selection when we got him but ( and it's a really fine line) he's a bust. The angst towards him is not fair as he really has a crack. Probs is he is just not good enough.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am 
Horrie Clover

Having said all that, I'm off to the cattery and will be supporting hard.

I promise to you all to tell Dangerfield what I think about his ego

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:02 am 
Craig Bradley

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Very brave eric. Let's smash 'em!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:44 am 
Robert Walls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Lord of the Flies on here this week.

More like Fjord of the Lies

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:46 am 
Robert Walls

audas wrote:

Care to explain??

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 am 
Stephen Kernahan

eric pascoe wrote:

How tough was it to get a ticket?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:57 am 
Stephen Kernahan

If they show nothing tonight, BB will be in the gun.
Another 100 point loss (and that's what Scott will be telling his boys he wants) and CFC will go troppo from the top down.
Win or lose, they have to play for themselves, for BB and the jumper.

This is our line in the sand game. This is our time to show we have bottomed out and are turning the club around. This is the most important game of the year for the club.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:19 am 
Harry Vallence

Will be going tonight with a 4hr plus trip and will sit there until the final siren no matter what the score!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Mitch Cleary
‏Verified account @cleary_mitch
19m19 minutes ago

Another late change coming at Geelong.

Emergencies George Horlin-Smith and Aaron Black sitting out of the VFL. Black has been playing key back. Harry Taylor left the track early on Thursday. Expect late change No.10 for the year #AFLCatsBlues

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:43 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

yeah, perfect op. for catters to rest up bigtime.
go on cats...DO IT!
REST everyone!
no one expects the Curnow assault.
least of all Master Tosser P.D.
Go blues!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

GO BLUES!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We won't win. In fact it'll likely be a heavy loss. What we can't afford though is a spiritless performance. Especially on the back of last week.

As such, our 'response' will speak volumes. One way or another.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

cimm1979 wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:

How tough was it to get a ticket?

I could have got tickets. I have a home and away membership so got a chance to get good seats in a Carlton area for a discounted price.
Decided against it. Hopefully others took up the offer and there is a couple of bays of Carlton supporters there tonight.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next