Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:48 pm 
Robert Walls

Apparently Bolton gave Kerridge a bake. It will be interesting to see if he gets a chance to make up for his game or if he gets banished.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:06 pm 
Robert Walls

IN: Curnow (X2) Cunningham Polson Weitering

OUT: Garlett OBrien O'Shea SPS Mullet

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:08 pm 
Robert Walls

bluechampion wrote:
Apparently Bolton gave Kerridge a bake. It will be interesting to see if he gets a chance to make up for his game or if he gets banished.

Not a fan of Kerridge but at least he doesnt pull out of contests like Samo Protected Species

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

I was thinking we should rest O’Brien until I remembered that he decked that guy on the middle of the ground. That was pretty much the highlight of the game.

He stays

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
In- Ed, Charlie, Cuningham, Marchbank

Out- O'Shea, Garlett, O'Brien, Kerr.

Kerridge (who had a disastrous game) to the forward pocket. He isn't a bad shot for goal but his kicks coming inside 50 are abysmal.
Kerr is stiff but we cant carry him, Harry and Charlie in the same forward line. O'Brien has a future but Geelong will smash him.
If Murphy is out, Garlett gets a reprieve.

For those who are going to this game, good on you. Personally, I think we'll give a very good contest.
Agree with most of that, but what role do you see Garlett playing?

Seems to have a very mysterious role to me... (I can't figure it out?)

Anyway.. If we don't play defensively when we know the disputed ball will be lost, we'll get flogged.
Teams run offensively with the ball in dispute, gambling they'll win it more than the lose (they will when it's men against boys).
We seem to watch who will win the contest completely unaware that they've run off offensively.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Hope our boys don’t get too envious this week......everything we used to be.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:22 am 
formerly BlueRob

What we don't want is a top heavy side.

I would prefer not to play 3 talls in our forward line ... but I would also like to give Kerr more opportunity.

One way of dealing with this would be to play McKay and Kerr as the forwards and bring Charlie into the midfield.

I think we would get more value from Charlie around the ground give his aerobic capacity.

In: E Curnow, C Curnow, Cunningham, Weitering, Silvagni
Out: Mullet, O'Shea, Plowman, Garlett, Wright

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:26 am 
Bruce Doull

Ed should Dusty-Chop Dangerfield in the larynx, given that it's perfectly legal and all.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 am 
Rod Ashman

BigBlueWave wrote:
What we don't want is a top heavy side.

I would prefer not to play 3 talls in our forward line ... but I would also like to give Kerr more opportunity.

One way of dealing with this would be to play McKay and Kerr as the forwards and bring Charlie into the midfield.

I think we would get more value from Charlie around the ground give his aerobic capacity.

In: E Curnow, C Curnow, Cunningham, Weitering, Silvagni
Out: Mullet, O'Shea, Plowman, Garlett, Wright

Yes, play him as a wing or link between the backs and forwards. He can run and jump all day. Blicavs will probably go to him.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:49 am 
Rod Ashman

Nice to see Nick Graham's name conspicuously absent from the "OUT" lists so far.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

In the next couple of weeks we should see Ed, Charlie, Cuningham, Williamson back in and at least 2 of Marchbank, Weitering, ASOS.

Then in 6 weeks, we should have Pickett, Byrne, potentially Casboult back. That’s 8-10 players we can change up, nearly half a side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

They have no decent ruckman so Kreuzer will get a better look at it this week. If he could only translate that to hitting it to one of our players and not one of theirs, we will win the clearances. That gives us a chance at inside 50 entries and the ensuing chaos goals.

I want to see a line of three defenders behind the Geelong forwards when the ball is in our forward half. That will stop the run through the middle kick long to the paddock and run on to the footy goals we have been leaking.
I would also like to see ONE stay at home forward, maybe Harry, who can keep their defensive line a little closer to our goal. He is a good enough mark of the footy to make Geelong put two on him if he stays deep and leads at the ball. Seeing as the Alistair Clarkson blocking rule is the rule of the month, he should get a few marks or frees.

Dream on...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechampion wrote:

He deserved a bake. The players worked extremely hard to get the ball in space and Kerridge continually gave it back to the opposition. He had a pig of a game. Couple that with Kreuzer and Cripps missing numerous basic shots from straight in front and any chance we had to build momentum was being pissed up against the wall.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

He deserved a bake. The players worked extremely hard to get the ball in space and Kerridge continually gave it back to the opposition. He had a pig of a game. Couple that with Kreuzer and Cripps missing numerous basic shots from straight in front and any chance we had to build momentum was being pissed up against the wall.

We know Kerridge's skills are deplorable, didn't Bolton.
He has played a wide receiver instead of in the guts giving Cripps a chop out.
These are elementary decisions that should be in place with in the game plan and structure of the team. There is no use cracking it if the player hasn't got the tools to do the job he is given. He might have a good day every now and then but by in large his disposal is his down fall.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jake_h03 wrote:
In the next couple of weeks we should see Ed, Charlie, Cuningham, Williamson back in and at least 2 of Marchbank, Weitering, ASOS.

Then in 6 weeks, we should have Pickett, Byrne, potentially Casboult back. That’s 8-10 players we can change up, nearly half a side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are of course assuming that there will be no more injuries in the meantime? It won't be long until Cripps breaks something again I fear given the match load he is carrying.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

redback wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

We know Kerridge's skills are deplorable, didn't Bolton.
He has played a wide receiver instead of in the guts giving Cripps a chop out.
These are elementary decisions that should be in place with in the game plan and structure of the team. There is no use cracking it if the player hasn't got the tools to do the job he is given. He might have a good day every now and then but by in large his disposal is his down fall.

Just like Graham’s outside game........he’s teaching them to learn to spread. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:43 am 
Stephen Kernahan

billc3 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Kerridge (who had a disastrous game) to the forward pocket. He isn't a bad shot for goal but his kicks coming inside 50 are abysmal.
Kerr is stiff but we cant carry him, Harry and Charlie in the same forward line. O'Brien has a future but Geelong will smash him.

For those who are going to this game, good on you. Personally, I think we'll give a very good contest.

Garlett is a bit-part player at the moment but he offers something we don't have. Clean ball handling combined with good acceleration. He hits up at the ball well and rarely fumbles. Hopefully he has a break out game soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Garlett is a bit-part player at the moment but he offers something we don't have. Clean ball handling combined with good acceleration. He hits up at the ball well and rarely fumbles. Hopefully he has a break out game soon.

He makes good position a lot but needs the support of those around him. Like SPS. It seems to me, the elder statesmen in the team don't trust the younger kids enough and always look for the same suspects. I watched in horror last weekend as time after time we went wide when we had loose players calling for the footy inside the centra square. I think that's what BB was talking about in the presser when he said we went down the line to a contest too often. If we are to have any hope against Geelong, we need to vary our ball movement and take the centre corridor option when it's available. Also, we tend to handball to someone too close to the ball carrier and the recipient of the handball is under pressure as he receives it. Players like Garlett, SPS, Pickett, Cunningham could run and carry if they had that extra half a metre to a metre when they get the ball in hand. of course that presupposes there are forwards in the forward fifty to run towards.
H'll be ok. Reminds me of Houlihan the way he makes position and then gets ignored.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

Interesting stat in the paper today from Champion Data, the best centre bounce combo this year, re: clearance percentage, has been Cripps, E. Curnow and Dow.

2nd worst were Dangerfield, Ablett and Selwood.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

Anyone here going to the game?
We thought about getting tickets but I am glad we decided against it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next