Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:36 pm 
Bob Chitty

Plow has had a poor year IMO. O'Shea was better but has simply stunk it up too often to hold hid spot. Both could go for Weitering and Marchbank and you'd think would be an improvement. Or we could go one smaller down back given we already have Rowe and Jones there. One of the four could play forward at a pinch - I think on the G a second genuine big target up forward is handy as long as you don't lose to much athleticism. A trio of Charlie Harry and Liam would give plenty of mobility and I would like to see Jones tried back up forward just to see how his increased confidence might serve him in that role.

Murphy might be back, Ed might get a holiday. Shaw rested this week might be an in - perhaps for Mullet or one of the talls down back. Coming off a rest worked for Lamb and the slogging nature of the game might have taken a fair bit out of the legs, so a freshened up runner could be worth looking at and his form in the 2s had been consistently solid. Again wouldn't think you'd lose much given the players he'd likely replace.

Kennedy did well in the 2s, but it is all about his mobility at top level. He is not quick but I do think he has been hampered by injury and should be a good in when over the ankle, not having seen the 2s game and having limited reports don't know if he is right yet. JSOS seems to be developing well in the inside mid role, it is a question of when has he done enough to trial it at firsts level. Polson could add some pace but has seemed outgunned at firsts level - maybe needs longer in 2s. Cuningham may be right but you would think would come back through the twos - likewise Williamson and ASOS.

Plenty could come in and plenty could go out but no doubt the MC will not want too many changes to a winning team.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:15 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Murph will likely come in for Ed and Kerridge may play Ed's role for a week.

Don't think Liam should go forward. He's been much improved since Rowe's return to shore up our defence.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yeah, Jones was one of the best players on the field playing as a defender. I know! Let’s move him forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:41 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Ianh I love your posts but you don't move Jones. He has had a good few weeks and our forward line looked threatening with CC as the lead player.

Keep the young guns trying and don't eff it up with a newbie upsetting the energy

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm thinking
- Kennedy for Ed (Jed to take the stopping role)
- Murph for Garlett
- Weitering / Marchbank for O'Shea

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

Their team is full of wannabe tough guy flogs.
Oliver, Melksham, Lewis, Vince, Viney.
Need to bring the same Physicality we broough against the Drug Cheats.
Got close to beating them both times last year, so we know we can match them.
Gotta get things right at the selection table, and we’re a sneaky chance.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Dominator_7 wrote:
Their team is full of wannabe tough guy flogs.
Oliver, Melksham, Lewis, Vince, Viney.

:thumbsup:

Dont forget Hogan.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:28 am 
Craig Bradley

Rexy wrote:
Murph will likely come in for Ed and Kerridge may play Ed's role for a week.

Don't think Liam should go forward. He's been much improved since Rowe's return to shore up our defence.

Depends how we use him. If we bring back Weitering and Marchbank someone will need to be moved out of there otherwise we're back to too big. Where Jones played very well in the VFL before his promotion was as a back up ruck. Running around, marking when he wanted to, smashing opposition bodies as he felt like seemed to suit him alot and he starred. Like Levi, when he got a run in the ruck he player alot better forward too. It's probably a better role for him than it was as a defender and he did the latter job pretty well.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:58 am 
Rod Ashman

I think:
- Jones could be used as a relief or backline ruckman. However, he is just not good enough to play full time forward (could pinch hit occasionally just as a surprise tactic but that’s about it).

- If fit, Murphy comes in for Ed. If Murphy not fit, probably Kennedy comes in (although I think he might benefit from another week in the VFL). Likewise, Polson needs more time in the VFL. Happy with our backup hard bodies eg Kerridge filling the breach for the moment.

- Weitering should stay in the VFL until he stings a few good games together and gets his confidence back.

- Plowman should stay in. Don’t think he has been as bad as some people think.

- Would prefer that Garlett stays in. Think he will get more out of a block of games in the seniors and then if he needs to go back, he does so for a few games with clear things to work on.

- of much interest to me this week is how Kreuzer backs up. He looks to have overcome his groin soreness but will only know once e see how he backs up after a great effort on the weekend. If he plays another strong game, I will be much relieved - always worry about players coming back too soon from groin injuries (& calf/Achilles, quads and foot injuries..)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

these toss bags at the AFL are going to take down both Curnow boys for a week

So there are two places we need to fill

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:48 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Melbourne play fairly tall up forward.

I'd bring Weitering in for O'Shea, Murphy in for Ed, Silvagni in for Garlett.

Melbourne are following Sydney's playbook and had 10 guys in the team on the weekend that can play as inside mids with Viney to come in. Tough day ahead for Cripps if Ed gets rubbed out. Kennedy probably should be brought back in but I reckon they're gonna give him a longer block of games in the VFL.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

With Clarkson having a sook about the blocking of Hawthorn forwards and then a meeting with Gil it might be time for Bolton to talk publicly about Cripps being scragged and held at stoppages.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Who comes in to replace Ed and Charlie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:44 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:

Murph and Kerr

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:17 pm 
Bob Chitty

Losing Charlie creates a big hole up forward with Cas also out. TDK may in time do amazing things (to our system) but is not yet ready IMO even for a taste. Kerr perhaps? Hasn't been at his best lately though. Phillips - don't like 2 rucks but we are running low on options. A lot will depend on whether Murphy and Marchbank come up this week - Murphy at least goes straight in, Marchbank maybe. But if they don't come up, if Kennedy, Weitering and JSOS are kept in the 2s again then there are slim pickings to replace the brothers - and Wright if the ankle doesn't come up. There are some positives on Polson's game but he only had a dozen touches so I don't see him as being ready to add much at the top level - maybe as a forward? I'd look to bring in the fresh legs of Shaw - not a big fan but he deserves a shot and this might be the week to do it. Pretty threadbare I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

surely ed and charlie will get off, yeah?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

What does your heart tell you?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

my heart says neither charlie or Ed were really looking at the umps. the rule for touching umpires should be touching them with intent. putting your hand into one so you don't collide or fall over them, imo, isn't even a fine. Needs to be some common sense here. there's so many umps on the ground, and they're right in the middle of play constantly, incidental and harmless contact is inevitable.

Besides. If May got off, these guys should, yeah?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

You have to apply the "AFL Carlton Test" that the AFL applies at all times when making a decision that may affect the Carlton Football Club.

If there two choices or actions to be made about the Carlton Football Club and one of those decisions actions may result in a net benefit to the Carlton Football Club, then make the other decision.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:06 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Rexy wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Murph and Kerr

What’s the bet they bring Phillips in too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next