Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:cry:
don't expect EFC* to do anything about it.
what a pathetic human being.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

That explains why Lamb went from pretty quiet to over the top in about one second. I noticed it at the time and wondered if something had been said about his missus.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If he didn't know about his Dad and was approaching him to apologise as someone gave him the heads up during the game
I think that is fair enough and nothing further needs to be said
Lamb was into Goddard all game the message was probably sent to try put Lamb off his game
If didn't know the history you can't really be critical of him

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
If he didn't know about his Dad and was approaching him to apologise as someone gave him the heads up during the game
Lamb was into Goddard all game the message was probably sent to try put Lamb off his game

Thats a big' IF' Sydney. His excuse smells like BS to me. If your going to sledge someone I'd have thought having a go at your father would be rarely used as a baiting tool.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Effes wrote:

Jayzus

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Thats a big' IF' Sydney. His excuse smells like BS to me. If your going to sledge someone I'd have thought having a go at your father would be rarely used as a baiting tool.

Yep I tend to agree, you can't sledge someone and then claim ignorance of what you were saying.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Did you know Lamb's Situation - I know I didn't - what makes you think the entire football world does

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Did you know Lamb's Situation - I know I didn't - what makes you think the entire football world does

It was noted in the herald sun some time ago, so the information was publicly known (i.e. no longer private).

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

they never knew what was being injected into them either :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

The Giants produced a doco about Jed's story and his childhood when he was at the Giants. From memory, the doco got a lot of media attention. There's a good chance Baguley knew.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Explains why Bolton told him to f off.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

You'd think players' fathers would be well down the list of things you would sledge unless you had prior knowledge of a sensitivity there. It would be a brave choice to use the old standard "I shagged your dad last night" line on an opponent.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

Storm in a tea cup........let's move on please.....does the media have a quota of stories they need to sensationalize per week???

Lamb loves playing the villain but does not like it back?

How the f*** would Baguley know about Lamb's fathers demise? Public knowledge? Reported in the papers a few years ago and so what?

BTW l'm not supporting Baguley - an ordinary footballer from Frankston who has made the grade.....but this is now becoming a joke.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Point is, who sledges someone about their dad for no reason? It wouldn't come in on the top thousand ideal sledges on a sports field.
It is rubbish. He had to know.
and that is why the uproar.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

YA MUM

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Considering the AFL isn't that big an industry (quite a fishbowl actually) and that a couple of Lamb's ex-teammates now play at Essendon* I'd honestly be surprised if Baguely wasn't aware.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
And the procession continues. Last week we were a rabble, this week we're a brave, upcoming group with quality young kids. :grin:
Once again the media (and some supporters) live week to week without looking at the bigger picture. We aren't playing a lot different to last week. Our list isn't any better or worse than it was last week. We got a couple of quality players back, Kruezers injury seems to be freeing up, Essendon**** don't have a decent player to minimise Crippers dominance and we kicked straighter than the opposition.
Things haven't been as bad as they seem, nor are they as good as it seems. As Bolts says, dont get too high, dont get too low.

Enjoy the win, look forward to getting more players back and the incremental improvement that will come with it. But the journey continues. The wrist slitters will have a week off from canning the rebuild, the non-bed wetters will say I told you so and we'll continue on our journey towards a premiership. The joys of supporting a footy club. :screwy:

I don't buy that, never will.

Footy IS emotion. Live the highs and lows I say.

Emotion is great. Throwing the toys out of the cot, calling for everyone to be sacked on the back of a loss isn't passion though. It's shortsightedness. I'm as passionate as anyone about the club but I don't have the massive fluctuations the media do following a loss or a win. You still have to look outside the current 7 days

I’m 100% with BV on this one. I posted something similar earlier in the season.

We are no better or worse a football club than we were 7 days ago. In fact, I think we played just as well in some earlier games but didn’t win (due to better/more accurate opposition, injuries during games, a couple more key errors by individuals etc).

I love winning as much as anyone - especially against the cheats - but the wild fluctuations from week to week in attitude towards our team by some supporters (and media), depending on whether it’s a W or an L, is stupid. Often the difference in performance is minimal. It was nice to win, but it didn’t change my perspective at all - ie. we’re on the right track, but we have a long long way to go.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:05 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Baguley should pay Lamb's fine

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/bag ... 4zfez.html

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Nick Bowen
‏Verified account @Nick_Bowen
8s8 seconds ago

Charlie Curnow pleading not guilty to intentional umpire contact, but prepared to plead guilty to careless umpire contact

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFL.com.au
‏Verified account @AFLcomau
10m10 minutes ago

Charlie Curnow’s hearing has begun.

"I didn't realise I touched him at the time,” Curnow said.

The umpire is not at the hearing tonight but he has said he “doesn’t have a problem with what occurred.”

Curnow’s advocate, Marcus Clarke, is showing vision of an incident where Dom Sheed touched an umpire but it was deemed to be careless. AFL Legal Counsel Andrew Woods says Sheed never looked at the umpire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next