Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:14 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Blue Sombrero wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
i reckon we'll win this

I only want one win. This is it!

PS: I think we’ll win 4-5 still once our injuries are over.

I admire your confidence. Personally I can't see it. I think we'll win 2-3 at the most but if you're right, it will be a monster second half of the season and one we need going forward.

We haven’t had close to our best team, fit, all year, and still competitive in most games.

It makes a huge difference when we are not playing 1yr contracted recruits in our senior team the first 7-8 weeks.

We’ve had literally 7-10 players out every week so far, and many players who are playing not AFL fit.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

The meedya machine at work to fire the cheats up

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/expert ... 18041c611d

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:26 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The Normal One wrote:

We haven’t had close to our best team, fit, all year, and still competitive in most games.

I

that's really stretching it. we've barely been competitive all year. we're out run, out tackled and fall over with basic, fundamental skill errors every game this year. mostly our players look confused and our will has been wanting.

based on that; the missing injured players really won't add much to our win/ loss ratio. imo.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

The Normal One wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
i reckon we'll win this

I only want one win. This is it!

PS: I think we’ll win 4-5 still once our injuries are over.

I admire your confidence. Personally I can't see it. I think we'll win 2-3 at the most but if you're right, it will be a monster second half of the season and one we need going forward.

It makes a huge difference when we are not playing 1yr contracted recruits in our senior team the first 7-8 weeks.

We’ve had literally 7-10 players out every week so far, and many players who are playing not AFL fit.

Yeah. Most of the defence team has been out. Tend to agree.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:48 am 
Harry Vallence

Braithy wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

I

that's really stretching it. we've barely been competitive all year. we're out run, out tackled and fall over with basic, fundamental skill errors every game this year. mostly our players look confused and our will has been wanting.

based on that; the missing injured players really won't add much to our win/ loss ratio. imo.

Agree Braithy, we have occasionally dragged teams down to our level, partly because the other teams didn't convert well in front of goal.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:08 am 
Ken Hunter

oh I do love that argument

when we are good its cos they are bad and when they are good its cos we are bad.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:38 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Braithy wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

I

Barely competitive?
We were leading the best team in the competition in the last quarter with a decent complement of players available. :lol:
And that's with losing 2 players during the game.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:07 am 
Bruce Doull

dannyboy wrote:
oh I do love that argument

when we are good its cos they are bad and when they are good its cos we are bad.

Now you’re getting it :thumbsup:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:48 am 
Rod Ashman

smithy wrote:
Braithy wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

I

Agree Braithy, we have occasionally dragged teams down to our level, partly because the other teams didn't convert well in front of goal.

so docherty, marchbank, murphy, pickett, williamson, byrne, lang, weitering, kreuzer, asos, kennedy etc either being out for long periods or missing games because of injury/interrupted pre seasons hasn't meant we have suffered? hasn't meant continuity has been affected or that cohesion has been compromised?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

Some of you blokes are that negative you’d turn milk sour when it’s still in the cow.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Some of you are the delusional set who rabbited on about how great our depth is all summer, what a mastermind SOS is and should never to be questioned :roll: , yeah the same messiah complex that has served us so well for 20 years, good little lemmings; take the S### dished up and ask please sir may I have some more.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ahaha
Tanner on 3AW begging the supporters to realise how inexperienced the team is and show mercy.
Oh gee, players with not too many games, and a few injuries.
Now defending poor James.
I LOVE this guy!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluegirl72 wrote:
ahaha
Tanner on 3AW begging the supporters to realise how inexperienced the team is and show mercy.
Oh gee, players with not too many games, and a few injuries.
Now defending poor James.
I LOVE this guy!

He's entering Mark Latham territory as my least favourite former labor person.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

lol is he really saying they’re inexperienced ?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ooh yeah...inexperienced plus injuries plus AFL have been GREAT to them, so puleeease members don't hate them too much for calling us BIG FAT DRUG CHEATS even though it WAS all their fault and we are the hapless victims...
or perhaps the Hapsburgs?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

I think it’s slowly dawning on them that they can’t just easily shake off the ‘Drug Cheats’ reputation.
It’s something, like us with the salary cap cheating, that ll stain their club in opposition supporters eyes, for decades.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36182

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9