Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blues87 wrote:
Byrne, Williamson, Murphy, Lang, Pickett, Kreuzer and Weitering.
(And Docherty)
At least we have plenty of improvement left in us.

Only 2 of them give us help where we really need it, in the middle of the ground. I underestimated our lack of midfield depth before the season, but it’s killing us right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

The Duke wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
How could you not see it coming.
Malthouse started taking us backwards and Bolton has continued down that path

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Don’t think so.
Last two years were a steady improve. Anyone with any footy knowledge could see that.
We’ve got young talent at the club for once. Bolts isn’t getting the best out of yh though
This year we’ve gone backwards.
The spirit we had the last few years is missing.
Kids that were playing well last years are looking terrible this year.

I think you just agreed with Syd.

We de-listed players like Gowers and Holman and Buckley and replaced them with Oshea. How is that good coaching/team management?

But 'oh, we've turned over the entire list' yeah, but why? It was a massive gamble that looks to have failed big time.

If you want to view the replay, visit http://www.failarmy.com - that's our new homepage

Don’t forget Mullett and Shaw. :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:04 pm 
Garry Crane

we were lucky we played the doggies and not a top 8 side we have gone backwards big time
players such as mullet , o shea , lamb ,kerridge , rowe are all vfl players at best
bb is not the right coach for this team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

choo wrote:
Lost at selection. Way too tall. Way too slow.
Every other team is going fast and small we had no speed at Etihad. WTF
I understand how many better players we were missing but our team balance was Rubbish.

QFT

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Cripps.
Fisher and Charlie. Although his ball use was horrible.
Dow and Harry. LOB's 2nd half.
Phillips and Casboult were pretty good.

Cons:

I know we're short on players right now. But do we have to keep playing injured players. Neither Kennedy or Marchbank looked fit.
Flattered by final margin.
Enjoyed the physical intensity last week, and that most contributed. Unfortunately back to what we've seen for a lot of this year.
Our defensive switches were awful.
What is it with our defenders spoiling each other in the air and conceding a goal to the opposition?
And can we please get some goals from anyone shorter than Charlie?
SOJ was awful. O'Shea was worse.
The surface is almost back to the bad old days. Lots of players falling down at the venue at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:05 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

killpies wrote:
choo wrote:
I understand how many better players we were missing but our team balance was Rubbish.

QFT

Which Bullants players would you have brought in this week so we didn’t lose at selection?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

verbs wrote:
Gowers was delisted two years ago, Holman three. They are irrelevancies. Strawman arguments.

They re the new Eddie and Waite arguement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:09 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Dominator_7 wrote:
verbs wrote:
Gowers was delisted two years ago, Holman three. They are irrelevancies. Strawman arguments.

They re the new Eddie and Waite arguement.

At least those two went straight other clubs. Suggesting Gowers and Holman have been replaced by O’Shea demonstrates low footy IQ.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:10 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Come on. Where is Bolton at the press conference to laugh off our dismal form and effort with another series of wisecracks and cliches? No wonder the team is a joke. First time in the club's history they have a 0-6 start. History in the making.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:13 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Bluesman44 wrote:
Come on. Where is Bolton at the press conference to laugh off our dismal form and effort with another series of wisecracks and cliches? No wonder the team is a joke. First time in the club's history they have a 0-6 start. History in the making.

Has he not turned up for the press conference?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

Players who have left Carlton during the Bolton era and are still in the AFL:
Henderson - won the trade
Bell - won the trade
Holman - ?? Wait and see
Tuohy - lost the trade (led to gaining Marchbank though)
Gowers - ?? Wait and see, looking promising right now
Gibbs - won the trade
Buckley - yet to play

All of the trades were made to improve our long term position, not to gain immediate results.
The delistings will take time to show whether we made the wrong call.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

Some of our handballing skills are awful. Maybe we should just go the Bulldogs route and throw it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:34 pm 
Ken Hands

Marchbank and Kennedy didn't look fully fit to me. Marchbank is definitely better than that display.

In hindsight we didn't gain anything this week by dropping Garlett and Lamb for those two.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Centenaryblue wrote:
Marchbank and Kennedy didn't look fully fit to me. Marchbank is definitely better than that display.

In hindsight we didn't gain anything this week by dropping Garlett and Lamb for those two.

Agree with that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

verbs wrote:
Bluesman44 wrote:

Has he not turned up for the press conference?

He turned up. He was cleary not happy and is showing genuine hurt with this loss and season to date. Didn't really hear any cliches but was strong on the clubs rebuild stance. It just got interesting and then ch 7 decided to cut him off and subject viewers to the muppets on the commentary team :roll:

Last edited by BluesRockMyWorld on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Carlton FC
‏Verified account @CarltonFC
26m26 minutes ago

Bolton: We feel our supporters’ frustration.
Bolton: This is our first 0-6 start in history, but our first-ever proper rebuild.
Bolton: We need to use the ball better out of defence and going inside 50.
Bolton: We’re feeling it and it hurts.
Bolton: We’ve dropped significantly in age and experience this season. Having said that, we’re frustrated at the moment because we want to win.
Bolton: We have to remember that Jack Silvagni is in his third year. He’s working hard with his coaches and we’ve got his back.
Bolton: We were good in the contested stakes but fumbled the ball too much.
Bolton: O’Brien is an extraordinary runner. If he keeps that work-rate up, we think we’ve got a player there.
Bolton: Cripps wanted to use this opportunity to grow as a leader. Despite his injury, Murphy’s leadership has been outstanding off the field.
Bolton: I’m really hopeful on Kreuzer and Weitering being available next week.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:
We come up against a side that is 18 months younger ,average 15 games less experienced. Returning from Perth with one less days break and massive behind scenes issues at the club and lose.
We are now 0 -6 the worst start to a season in 151 years .
There needs to be accountability for this.
The current administration including Bolton and SOS have taken this club and sent them so far behind the rest of the comp we will struggle to ever catch up.
This rebuild or reset or whatever you want to call it is a total fukcup.
There are no positives to this

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I agree sack everyone and start again that is sure to work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SPS and SOS are sacred cows and will not be dropped for extended periods.

Not enough pace in the team this week or at all.
About 1000 of us on here could see that during the week but not the MC.

For the second time in three weeks I turned off the feed. It was also the second time since half time in 1970.

I have lived in Mexico for almost 16 years off and on and have always listened to or watched a live stream of the game when I have had access to the internet. That involves staying awake for most of the night, once a week.

This morning I decided not to do it again. It takes enough out of my sleep patterns as it is without the frustration that goes with it. There is no way I can go to bed at 4:00 and expect to sleep after they serve up that tripe week after week. I don't mind losing when they have a crack but there are about half a dozen of them giving 100%, about half a dozen whose 100% doesn't look up to it and the rest are passengers at the moment. The game plan sucks. We are the only team in the comp that pushes all its forwards so high and then can't get back and we are the only team that pushes its defenders so far forward that they can't get back either. To boot, our so called elite ball handlers are playing sideways and with no confidence. Players like Cripps and Curnow will win flags with WCE, Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney. They will have their hearts broken at Carlton unless something drastic happens.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

Stefchook wrote:
Some of our handballing skills are awful. Maybe we should just go the Bulldogs route and throw it.

:grin: :grin:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

verbs wrote:
killpies wrote:
choo wrote:

QFT

Which Bullants players would you have brought in this week so we didn’t lose at selection?

Cunningham, Garlett and LeBois for Mullet, OShea and SOJ.

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by killpies on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next