Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

Last night was very frustrating the handballs to the back of the player running forward the crab like sideways football where after the 4th possession across the half backline we gave it back to the dogs so they could kick a goal and release the pressure dropping chest marks two defenders flying to either spoil each other or punch it down to the dogs the lack of any semblance of a system going forward
Lack of tackles evident again last night
When having the opportunity to steal the game in the last quarter we kick 2 goals 5 to ensure we lose

Disappointing if we played last night like we did last week we would have won the game -Dogs ordinary

Agree our senior players are very ordinary and the problem is that they are fighting in some cases to save their spots

Agree team composition on Thursday night didn't help -Garlett was putrid last week but at least has some pace and is elusive unfortunately Jack really is playing badly and is a liability ATM and does not complement Levi and McKay in the key posts

Once again please don't play OSHea he gives us nothing and the only thing he can teach our young players is how to not play at the elite level

Positives

Hope in gloom Charlie fisher Kennedy Dow

Well done Cripps Thomas casboult Kerridge

Another game into Dow McKay and Obrien

Negatives

Silvagni needs stint in vfl
SPS just going and in the silvagni category
OShea enough said

Rowe Phillips Simpson Jones Mullett just going ie average
Worst game I have seen seen for Marchbank
Wright quiet again

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:46 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Effes wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Effes wrote:
Fisher very good again.

Marchbank didn't look fit. Kennedy didn't move that well.

Better get Cripps some help.

Draft has to focus on mids who win their own ball.

Plan A not working unfortunately.

Kennedy has had a couple of injuries so far so he needs time to get fit. Only 67% time on ground.

I thought he was pretty solid and showed good signs of getting into the clearance grunt work. I hope he can get over his injuries soon...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

sinbagger wrote:
Effes wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Effes wrote:
Fisher very good again.

Marchbank didn't look fit. Kennedy didn't move that well.

Better get Cripps some help.

Draft has to focus on mids who win their own ball.

Plan A not working unfortunately.

Kennedy has had a couple of injuries so far so he needs time to get fit. Only 67% time on ground.

I thought he was pretty solid and showed good signs of getting into the clearance grunt work. I hope he can get over his injuries soon...

Fisher is definitely helping Cripps. He won plenty of clearances, contested possessions and tackles last night.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:59 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
When your teams book ends are Levi and Liam

There is your starting point for your problems.
Both football players with no footy smarts whose bad errors far out way their good stuff. And the club has kept them
It says everything about where we are at.

The rest of the players with the exception of Cripps are all gunners.
That is their all gunner be good
Lord help us

As Clarko said some clubs play their Grand Final in November.
Carlton are November champions

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not this usual rubbish again?

Casboult had:
10 possessions. 5 contested!!!
6 marks.
6 score involvements (we only had 19 scores total! So he's been involved in 30% of our scores!!) )
Kicked 2.3 with one perfect set shot and one that missed by a cm.
Two perfect leads that weren't honoured which would have been shots for 30m out in front.

What did he do wrong?
Opening line
10 possessions
Never gets more never gets less.
Can you tell me the last time Casboult won a free kick from his defensive effotts in the fwd 50
Or chased down someone to create a turn over.
Fevola used to do it 2 to 3 times a game
Levi has had 100 games as a kpf and I can't recall him doing once.

Yeah but don't just harp on the opening line and ignore the rest.

He's not Fev. Good luck being happy with any forward if Fev is the benchmark. He was a special player. Of course Casboult isn't Fev.

Let's take a straw pole of the leading full forwards in the league and compare them to Casboults averages of 10 disposals (74% efficiency) and 1 tackle if your gripe with Casboult is not enough possessions and not enough tackle pressure.

Ben Brown is leading the goal kicking with averages of 10 possessions (64%) and 1 tackle.

Lance is second (and a superstar once in a generation player) who averages 17 possession (56%) and 1 tackle.

Jeremy Cameron 15 (58%) and 1 tackle.

Tom Lynch 13 (59%) and 2 tackles

Tom Boyd 10 (67%) and 1 tackle.

Tom Hawkins 12 (61%) and 2.

Taylor Walker 12 (69%) and 1.

Not sure what you expect of Levi?
What did he do last night that was so bad?
His disposal is better than most in the league and he suffers from playing in a team with poor midfield disposal accuracy.

I thought Casboult played OK as you would hope against another cellar dweller. No major stuff ups. Started well with a mark and goal and then the joe the goose. Shame he didn't have his kicking boot on. Finished with 2.3 and had a hand in another score. Not sure what that hand was.

Ruck work was acceptable and took the odd mark around the ground.

I hope we can soon get more out of the position he plays.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Positives - We are a young team...green shoots.
Negatives - Opposition were younger......again!

They had 14 Premiership players in their team.

Stick the boots in if it makes you feel happy.

Not having a go at you Surrey.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Have some inside info on doggies, they are not a cohesive club atm they are in internal crisis.
We got them at their worst and we never looked like it. We kicked 8 goals. It is not good enough full stop.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:23 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Blue4ever wrote:
A forward line of Casboult, McKay, Wright and SOS is not going to lock in the ball enough - see Richmond

A backline of Rowe, Plowman, Marchbank and Jones is too tall and not quick enough - disposal is also average.

A midfield that relies so much on Cripps and a 19yr old.

Can't expect to win many games with that type of structure, injuries haven't helped.
Regarding the forwards time and again I saw that when the tall forwards couldn't get the ball that there was few or no small forwards to keep the ball down there and get goals.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:43 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

It doesn't make us feel happy but we can't keep hiding behind excuses like having kids playing. These premiership players from the dogs that you refer to weren't enough to stop them missing the finals last year or the poor start they have had to the season this year, have they?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

I agree with all the positive comments

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

Bluesman44 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

It doesn't make us feel happy but we can't keep hiding behind excuses like having kids playing. These premiership players from the dogs that you refer to weren't enough to stop them missing the finals last year or the poor start they have had to the season this year, have they?

so on one hand use the dogs to show how young they are on the other don't use the dogs to show they have experience...I think I need some hemlock....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Yes we didn't have Murph, kreuz or doch and Gibbs is gone. We have a lot of young players. I can take losses but I thought we were terrible. If our top four in the b and f are out it makes us a lesser side, but it doesn't excuse players failing to hit a team mate 20 metres away under no pressure, failing to stick tackles, trying lairy banana passes instead of kicking left foot. Constantly refusing to honour forward leads until the opposition have all their players back. Going for dinky passes that are easily intercepted by the opposition. Last two years we lost but seemed to be making progress. This year our system seems to have fallen away and our skills are barely vfl level.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

gerry atric wrote:
Yes we didn't have Murph, kreuz or doch and Gibbs is gone. We have a lot of young players. I can take losses but I thought we were terrible. If our top four in the b and f are out it makes us a lesser side, but it doesn't excuse players failing to hit a team mate 20 metres away under no pressure, failing to stick tackles, trying lairy banana passes instead of kicking left foot. Constantly refusing to honour forward leads until the opposition have all their players back. Going for dinky passes that are easily intercepted by the opposition. Last two years we lost but seemed to be making progress. This year our system seems to have fallen away and our skills are barely vfl level.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Excellent summary.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:04 am 
Bob Chitty

Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Both football players with no footy smarts whose bad errors far out way their good stuff. And the club has kept them

Lord help us

Casboult had:
6 marks.
6 score involvements (we only had 19 scores total! So he's been involved in 30% of our scores!!) )
Two perfect leads that weren't honoured which would have been shots for 30m out in front.

What did he do wrong?
Opening line
10 possessions
Can you tell me the last time Casboult won a free kick from his defensive effotts in the fwd 50

He's not Fev. Good luck being happy with any forward if Fev is the benchmark. He was a special player. Of course Casboult isn't Fev.

Let's take a straw pole of the leading full forwards in the league and compare them to Casboults averages of 10 disposals (74% efficiency) and 1 tackle if your gripe with Casboult is not enough possessions and not enough tackle pressure.

Ben Brown is leading the goal kicking with averages of 10 possessions (64%) and 1 tackle.

Lance is second (and a superstar once in a generation player) who averages 17 possession (56%) and 1 tackle.

His disposal is better than most in the league and he suffers from playing in a team with poor midfield disposal accuracy.

Hey Sydney Blue. Still waiting to hear why you think Casboult was so bad on Friday night?

Let's take a quick look at the games so far this weekend in light of your opinion that our troubles start with Casboult And Liam.

Disposals. Efficiency. Goals.
Casboult - 10, 70%, 2.3
Lynch - 10, 90%, 0.0
Walker - 11, 55%, 2.2
Tom Boyd - 13, 76%, 1.3
Dixon - 16, 62%, 1.1
Patton - 16, 81%, 0.1.

I agree we have been disappointing. I've left every game feeling annoyed and upset. But you can't keep potting everybody in sight and being SO negative about everything. Give us a couple of positives. What can we hang our hat on?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Lord help us

Casboult had:
6 marks.

What did he do wrong?
Opening line
10 possessions

Hey Sydney Blue. Still waiting to hear why you think Casboult was so bad on Friday night?

Let's take a quick look at the games so far this weekend in light of your opinion that our troubles start with Casboult And Liam.

Casboult - 10, 70%, 2.3
Lynch - 10, 90%, 0.0
Walker - 11, 55%, 2.2
Tom Boyd - 13, 76%, 1.3
Dixon - 16, 62%, 1.1
Patton - 16, 81%, 0.1.

I agree we have been disappointing. I've left every game feeling annoyed and upset. But you can't keep potting everybody in sight and being SO negative about everything. Give us a couple of positives. What can we hang our hat on?
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_goal_kickers?year=2018&type=A&sort=goals

Look how far down the list our 100 game KPF is

100 games mostly plonked in the forward 50 and never kicked more than 4 goals in a game.

Harry Mackay kicked 4 in his 3rd game

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:27 am 
Robert Walls

Hmm not sure how many of those guys played full games in the ruck this year. Let me see ... Jeff Garlett, perhaps?

Or backup ruck. Well, besides Le Cras, obviously.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:19 am 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Lord help us

Opening line
10 possessions

Casboult - 10, 70%, 2.3
Lynch - 10, 90%, 0.0
Walker - 11, 55%, 2.2
Tom Boyd - 13, 76%, 1.3
Dixon - 16, 62%, 1.1
Patton - 16, 81%, 0.1.

100 games mostly plonked in the forward 50 and never kicked more than 4 goals in a game.

Way to completely ignore the previous post. :clap:

Harry will have a better career. There are plenty of FF with better careers. But the point of this chat was to understand what you think was so bad about Casboults game on Friday night that in the post match thread of that game you think our problems start with him and Liam. He played well on Friday night. Just admit it and stop comparing him to Fev or a bunch of players from all over the ground who have kicked more goals than him this year so far.

I also asked if you have ANYTHING positive to say at all? Which you ignored.

The only person with more cliches than Bolton is you and they are all negative. At least Bolton has a balance and some perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:22 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Nah, Casboult is a dud. Tony Lockett had three times as many goals by this stage of his career.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:23 am 
Bruce Doull

moshe25 wrote:
Nah, Casboult is a dud. Tony Lockett had three times as many goals by this stage of his career.

Agreed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:29 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
[quote="Sydney Blue"]When your teams book ends are Levi and Liam

Lord help us

Opening line
10 possessions

Casboult - 10, 70%, 2.3
Lynch - 10, 90%, 0.0
Walker - 11, 55%, 2.2
Tom Boyd - 13, 76%, 1.3
Dixon - 16, 62%, 1.1
Patton - 16, 81%, 0.1.

Way to completely ignore the previous post. :clap:

Harry will have a better career. There are plenty of FF with better careers. But the point of this chat was to understand what you think was so bad about Casboults game on Friday night that in the post match thread of that game you think our problems start with him and Liam. He played well on Friday night. Just admit it and stop comparing him to Fev or a bunch of players from all over the ground who have kicked more goals than him this year so far.

I also asked if you have ANYTHING positive to say at all? Which you ignored.

The only person with more cliches than Bolton is you and they are all negative. At least Bolton has a balance and some perspective.[/quote]Crippa time for a test of football knowledge.
You compared 6 other players to Casboult earlier in this thread.
Tell me if you were on the selection committee would you pick Casboult in front of any of them
And also if the answer to that is yes why didn't one of those club offer him a contract when he put himself on the market

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:33 am 
Stephen Silvagni

CK95 wrote:
moshe25 wrote:

Agreed

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next