Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:15 am 
Adrian Gallagher

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
verbs wrote:
Bluesman44 wrote:
Come on. Where is Bolton at the press conference to laugh off our dismal form and effort with another series of wisecracks and cliches? No wonder the team is a joke. First time in the club's history they have a 0-6 start. History in the making.

Has he not turned up for the press conference?

He turned up. He was cleary not happy and is showing genuine hurt with this loss and season to date. Didn't really hear any cliches but was strong on the clubs rebuild stance. It just got interesting and then ch 7 decided to cut him off and subject viewers to the muppets on the commentary team :roll:
I think channel 7 cutting him off was probably a mercy killing, both for him and anyone that had to listen to him. For too many years we keep hiding behind these excuses such as rebuilding. This is something which seems to have flowed into the media as well. Instead of tolerating these performances meekly and making light of them at press conferences (as he did a couple of weeks ago) he should be letting the world know that there is accountability and that these kind of efforts won't be tolerated. To do otherwise is an insult to the people who have supported them (financially especially, like members such as myself) for many years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
When your teams book ends are Levi and Liam

There is your starting point for your problems.
Both football players with no footy smarts whose bad errors far out way their good stuff. And the club has kept them
It says everything about where we are at.

The rest of the players with the exception of Cripps are all gunners.
That is their all gunner be good
Lord help us

As Clarko said some clubs play their Grand Final in November.
Carlton are November champions

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not this usual rubbish again?

Casboult had:
10 possessions. 5 contested!!!
6 marks.
6 score involvements (we only had 19 scores total! So he's been involved in 30% of our scores!!) )
Kicked 2.3 with one perfect set shot and one that missed by a cm.
Two perfect leads that weren't honoured which would have been shots for 30m out in front.

What did he do wrong?
Opening line
10 possessions
Never gets more never gets less.
Can you tell me the last time Casboult won a free kick from his defensive effotts in the fwd 50
Or chased down someone to create a turn over.
Fevola used to do it 2 to 3 times a game
Levi has had 100 games as a kpf and I can't recall him doing once.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:25 am 
Bruce Doull

Dominator_7 wrote:
verbs wrote:
Gowers was delisted two years ago, Holman three. They are irrelevancies. Strawman arguments.

They re the new Eddie and Waite arguement.

Bolton de-listed them as part of our mega list turn-over. They now play at teams that are better than us. I'm not suggesting they were going to be Brownlow Medalists, but for list continuity and team morale, perhaps those guys would have been better kept on the list rather than bringing in new hacks. We were a better team 2 years ago.

Buckley would give us more than Thomas, IMO.

As for Eddie and Waite, they wanted out which was the concern at the time and it is now with Gibbs wanting to leave.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:37 am 
Bob Chitty

i dont really enjoy what the footy has become, so i dont even watch AFL that much anymore.

i pay $1000 a year to watch carlton play and i was sitting there last night thinking ive been a member for 20 odd years, thats $20k (thats a pretty good overseas trip) i have paid to watch this club and this is what im getting for my money.

for the first time in a long time, im wondering if i renew next year.

I would generally throw it in if we ever lost Cripps. About the only thing worth going for. I am enjoying watching Fisher/Curnow as well.

but last night was hard work. they players must hurting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:13 am 
Robert Walls

Dominator_7 wrote:
verbs wrote:
Gowers was delisted two years ago, Holman three. They are irrelevancies. Strawman arguments.

To quote you Dom, "I don't think so"

In fact, they bear no resemblance whatsoever to the Eddie and Waite argument

You're intelligent enough to reflect on it and see the difference

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:16 am 
Robert Walls

Centenaryblue wrote:
Marchbank and Kennedy didn't look fully fit to me. Marchbank is definitely better than that display.

In hindsight we didn't gain anything this week by dropping Garlett and Lamb for those two.

Would've preferred Lamb to SOJ last night

And as poor as Garlett has been, shouldve stayed in the side.

I see SPS (the elephant in the room) has been gifted the last 15 or so games

Last edited by 99prelim on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:17 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Well said, I've suspended my AFL membership for about 5 years now. I have financial and time commitments that have pushed my footy priorities back. Sure Essendon* being drug cheats put me off the game a fair bit but I also miss a heap of what the game used to be.

I can't turn back time but the loss of a genuine home ground was probably a key turning point.

If my kids are an example the next generation coming through will be hard to maintain as supporters
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
i dont really enjoy what the footy has become, so i dont even watch AFL that much anymore.

i pay $1000 a year to watch carlton play and i was sitting there last night thinking ive been a member for 20 odd years, thats $20k (thats a pretty good overseas trip) i have paid to watch this club and this is what im getting for my money.

for the first time in a long time, im wondering if i renew next year.

I would generally throw it in if we ever lost Cripps. About the only thing worth going for. I am enjoying watching Fisher/Curnow as well.

but last night was hard work. they players must hurting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:21 am 
Robert Walls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
SPS and SOS are sacred cows and will not be dropped for extended periods.

Not enough pace in the team this week or at all.
About 1000 of us on here could see that during the week but not the MC.

For the second time in three weeks I turned off the feed. It was also the second time since half time in 1970.

I have lived in Mexico for almost 16 years off and on and have always listened to or watched a live stream of the game when I have had access to the internet. That involves staying awake for most of the night, once a week.

This morning I decided not to do it again. It takes enough out of my sleep patterns as it is without the frustration that goes with it. There is no way I can go to bed at 4:00 and expect to sleep after they serve up that tripe week after week. I don't mind losing when they have a crack but there are about half a dozen of them giving 100%, about half a dozen whose 100% doesn't look up to it and the rest are passengers at the moment. The game plan sucks. We are the only team in the comp that pushes all its forwards so high and then can't get back and we are the only team that pushes its defenders so far forward that they can't get back either. To boot, our so called elite ball handlers are playing sideways and with no confidence. Players like Cripps and Curnow will win flags with WCE, Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney. They will have their hearts broken at Carlton unless something drastic happens.

We flood back but the opposition pick our defence at will. We get the ball in defensive half only to kick it to a wall. Where the F%^^&& are our player positioned? No urgency, no trying to find space, forever jogging back with their back to the play

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:24 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The Duke wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
verbs wrote:

Bolton de-listed them as part of our mega list turn-over. They now play at teams that are better than us. I'm not suggesting they were going to be Brownlow Medalists, but for list continuity and team morale, perhaps those guys would have been better kept on the list rather than bringing in new hacks. We were a better team 2 years ago.

As for Eddie and Waite, they wanted out which was the concern at the time and it is now with Gibbs wanting to leave.

Holman was nearly dropped before the Brisbane game after being poor in Round 3 and 4. Had just 7 touches against West Coast.

Gowers has reinvented himself OK as a forward, but still only averages 9 touches and 2 tackles a game in a side better than ours.

Considering in the game day thread I saw Kennedy - who doesn't look 100% - slammed all game who had 18 touches, 8 tackles and lead the team for pressure acts,
Dow bagged who is 18 and rolling at around a 60% contested possession rate, and Kerridge referred to as "always a list clogger" despite having a solid game and 27 touches, I doubt we would all be singing his praises with that output.

As for Buckley, good guy, but hardly the solution. Had 6 touches in the NEAFL last week and not the injury list for this week so....?

Last edited by Blueboy74 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 am 
Ken Hands

How has it come to this?
There is still effort from most of the team but soon that effort will also dissipate and the big losses will come. That’s when the real pain will hit.
Have 3 kids oldest 16 he only knows Carlton as shit. He came to the game last week did not come last night watched the soccer. My daughter 14 came along loves some of the young boys but was asking why I selected Carlton? They are so bad?
My youngest is not interested in coming to the games at all.

Unless we get better in the next year or two we are [REDACTED], almost as bad as Fitzroys last year or two!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:22 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

dablues wrote:
How has it come to this?
There is still effort from most of the team but soon that effort will also dissipate and the big losses will come. That’s when the real pain will hit.
Have 3 kids oldest 16 he only knows Carlton as shit. He came to the game last week did not come last night watched the soccer. My daughter 14 came along loves some of the young boys but was asking why I selected Carlton? They are so bad?
My youngest is not interested in coming to the games at all.

Unless we get better in the next year or two we are [REDACTED], almost as bad as Fitzroys last year or two!

Living in Adelaide means we only get 1 or 2 times a year to attend, but mine will all be there next week, and will be bringing one over for the Saints game in July.

He was there in 2014 when an old side got done by 100 points at Adelaide oval featuring 5 players under the age of 23, Menzel, Holman, Docherty, Graham and Blaine Johnson.

We were there last year, and copped a similar sized defeat but he could understand the difference between the direction we've taken compared to years prior.

So much hyperbole and about the worst side ever, making history etc. Have people attended therapy to black out 2002-2007 from their memories? Not just the losses, but the margins in most of those games.

15 goal losses in 2006 with only Ryan Jackson, Paul Bower, OhAilpin, and Luke Blackwell as our only players with less than 40 games!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:01 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm not as gloomy as some.
That team is very inexperienced. We have never seen a similar team at Carlton IMO.
The "experienced" players- Kerridge, Casboult, Simpson, Rowe, Jones, Wright are hardly what you call elite (Simpson may have been, he is not now)
We have a massive hole in the 24-30 age group where most premierships are won. We won't hit that for 3-4 more years.
We need to get games into talented young inexperienced players without the cover that they need.

We lost last night because of skill errors, dropped marks, fumbles, missed passes. That can improve this season.

I ignore what is written in newspapers or said by "experts" in the media.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:09 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Blueboy74 wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
verbs wrote:

Holman was nearly dropped before the Brisbane game after being poor in Round 3 and 4. Had just 7 touches against West Coast.

Gowers has reinvented himself OK as a forward, but still only averages 9 touches and 2 tackles a game in a side better than ours.

Considering in the game day thread I saw Kennedy - who doesn't look 100% - slammed all game who had 18 touches, 8 tackles and lead the team for pressure acts,
Dow bagged who is 18 and rolling at around a 60% contested possession rate, and Kerridge referred to as "always a list clogger" despite having a solid game and 27 touches, I doubt we would all be singing his praises with that output.

As for Buckley, good guy, but hardly the solution. Had 6 touches in the NEAFL last week and not the injury list for this week so....?
Crap post. Full of facts. Get with the narrative, mate. We're shit, everyone we let go is awesome, Sakc, Sakc, Sakc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
Blueboy74 wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
verbs wrote:

Crap post. Full of facts. Get with the narrative, mate. We're shit, everyone we let go is awesome, Sakc, Sakc, Sakc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Its amazingly bad on here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

Not real flash was it If you can't say something' nice say nothin' at all.Even Cripps,who is an incredible warrior stuffed up at crucial stages.,and it went downhill from there.......................gonna head north and check out the magoo's coz i reckon if we are fair dinkum there al least half a dozen spots up for grabs.If those blokes up at Cramer St don't bust there backsides for a callup then i'm gonna cut loose with my thoughts.I reckon too many are stalling or going backwards and that i don't get.Whats wrong in the joint ? i can cop the floggings but i can't cop the lack of spirit.It just aint Carlton like.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:06 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Mickstar wrote:
Not real flash was it If you can't say something' nice say nothin' at all.Even Cripps,who is an incredible warrior stuffed up at crucial stages.,and it went downhill from there.......................gonna head north and check out the magoo's coz i reckon if we are fair dinkum there al least half a dozen spots up for grabs.If those blokes up at Cramer St don't bust there backsides for a callup then i'm gonna cut loose with my thoughts.I reckon too many are stalling or going backwards and that i don't get.Whats wrong in the joint ? i can cop the floggings but i can't cop the lack of spirit.It just aint Carlton like.

I don't think there's a lack of spirit, Mick.

I think there's a lack of quality in our older guys... and our younger guys aren't conditioned enough to play fast transition footy yet.

Our young guys are the foundations. They're quality young lads. They'll work hard on track to improve. I'm walking with Crippa.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

moshe25 wrote:

Yeah, I'm as glum as anyone on here, but anyone complaining about us de-listing Gowers needs their head read. He's still a below-average player and wasn't good at all last night. If he'd pulled that move (you know the one) for us, the screams for him to be sakced, drawn and quartered would be deafening.

The only reason to mention Dylan Buckley is to highlight how poorly he turned out after a promising start to his career and the attributes he had (pace, long kicking) that should have made him a gun. Add him to the likes of SPS, SOS, Weitering, Plowman, and start asking the pertinent questions. But his de-listing is not the issue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:45 pm 
www.blueseum.org

We won the second half.....eek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

This is the recession we had to have...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:10 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
When your teams book ends are Levi and Liam

There is your starting point for your problems.
Both football players with no footy smarts whose bad errors far out way their good stuff. And the club has kept them
It says everything about where we are at.

The rest of the players with the exception of Cripps are all gunners.
That is their all gunner be good
Lord help us

As Clarko said some clubs play their Grand Final in November.
Carlton are November champions

Not this usual rubbish again?

Casboult had:
10 possessions. 5 contested!!!
6 marks.
6 score involvements (we only had 19 scores total! So he's been involved in 30% of our scores!!) )
Kicked 2.3 with one perfect set shot and one that missed by a cm.
Two perfect leads that weren't honoured which would have been shots for 30m out in front.

What did he do wrong?
Opening line
10 possessions
Never gets more never gets less.
Can you tell me the last time Casboult won a free kick from his defensive effotts in the fwd 50
Or chased down someone to create a turn over.
Fevola used to do it 2 to 3 times a game
Levi has had 100 games as a kpf and I can't recall him doing once.

Yeah but don't just harp on the opening line and ignore the rest.

He's not Fev. Good luck being happy with any forward if Fev is the benchmark. He was a special player. Of course Casboult isn't Fev.

Let's take a straw pole of the leading full forwards in the league and compare them to Casboults averages of 10 disposals (74% efficiency) and 1 tackle if your gripe with Casboult is not enough possessions and not enough tackle pressure.

Ben Brown is leading the goal kicking with averages of 10 possessions (64%) and 1 tackle.

Lance is second (and a superstar once in a generation player) who averages 17 possession (56%) and 1 tackle.

Jeremy Cameron 15 (58%) and 1 tackle.

Tom Lynch 13 (59%) and 2 tackles

Tom Boyd 10 (67%) and 1 tackle.

Tom Hawkins 12 (61%) and 2.

Taylor Walker 12 (69%) and 1.

Not sure what you expect of Levi?
What did he do last night that was so bad?
His disposal is better than most in the league and he suffers from playing in a team with poor midfield disposal accuracy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next