Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:38 am 
Robert Walls

cortez wrote:
For me losing Jacobs still hurts as well. I was pissed off at the time and still am. Our ruck stocks now consist of an injury prone Krooz, and second class injury prone cast offs.

F#$k me, I don't pretend to be any great judge of talent, but if the club couldn't see the potential Jacobs had... The club should have fought tooth and nail to keep him.

They did - he was hell bent on getting back to Sth Australia for family reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:10 am 
formerly BlueRob

This match is going to be bad in so many ways.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:29 pm 
Serge Silvagni

CK95 wrote:
Tex Walker will probably be out this week.

we're a chance!
They'll replace with a small while we'll go with 6 tall and tortoise-slow defenders and get run off our feet - again.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:03 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

We've gone back to last years defensive style so I don't think it'll be a blowout.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:47 pm 
Robert Walls

This feels like one of those games where we'll probably play quite well and only get beaten by about 4 goals.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

They’ll play Gibbs up forward and he’ll kick 6 and everyone will say we should have used him up forward more, or should that go in the Brad Moran thread.

Wait a minute - they might even drag Moran out of retirement- or should that go in the Brad Moran thread.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:18 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Kerridge, Wright and Ed Curnow all back against thier old club.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Our players who play against their old clubs generally vie for the Spudly McSpudly Medal.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

AGRO wrote:
Our players who play against their old clubs generally vie for the Spudly McSpudly Medal.

Too many awards!

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 pm 
Robert Walls

cortez wrote:
For me losing Jacobs still hurts as well. I was pissed off at the time and still am. Our ruck stocks now consist of an injury prone Krooz, and second class injury prone cast offs.

F#$k me, I don't pretend to be any great judge of talent, but if the club couldn't see the potential Jacobs had... The club should have fought tooth and nail to keep him.

You can blame Ratts fotr that one. Got an Anthony McDonald Stiff'n-woody over Warnock and ta ta Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The Normal One wrote:
What's the story with Lamb at the NBS, tears it up through the middle. When playing in the seniors, he's tagging a small defender, running around like a lunatic following some spud (possibly denying them a Brad Moran?.. I'm not sure). The only one I think that has ever worked on is Sicily....

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

billc3 wrote:
What's the story with Lamb at the NBS, tears it up through the middle. When playing in the seniors, he's tagging a small defender.

We also play Graham as a small forward at AFL level, which is a role he's completely unsuited for. :screwy: Says a little about our small forward stocks, I suspect. Also Lamb actually was drafted into the AFL in that role (even if he doesn't really have the zip to play it).

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

cortez wrote:

Phillips goes OK and yes, he has been injured but he needs a run at this level to develop. We had two or three games won because of the hitouts to advantage on the weekend and the Geelong Scott bemoaned the lack of a tap ruckman while Sydney's Kennedy was running riot as a result of their ruck dominance.
Maybe Philips will end up at Geelong if he doesn't get an opportunity here. Like Jacobs, who spent all his time watching in the VFL Warnock and Kreuzer. Kreuzer I could understand and maybe Jacobs could too but Warnock?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You can blame Ratts, the club, anyone else if it makes you feel better but Jacobs hated Melbourne. I played golf with him at a Spirit of Carlton golf day and he said he loved the club and the players but hated living in Melbourne.
He said he had a close family and it was his intention to return to Adelaide if the opportunity arose.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Thanks for clearing that. :thumbsup:

Nice ending...for them. :sly:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluebo baggers wrote:
cortez wrote:

They did - he was hell bent on getting back to Sth Australia for family reasons.

Not true. Jacobs was told he was fourth in line behind Kreuzer, Warnock and.....wait for it.....Hampson.

Why would he hang around? :banghead:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Jacobs was never told that and Carlton were keen to keep him.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:15 am 
Ken Hunter

verbs wrote:
Jacobs was never told that and Carlton were keen to keep him.

That is my understanding too.
We tried to keep him and offered him a good contract. His last game with the club was that final in Sydney which he dominated.
Just another of the ones that got away.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:58 am 
Robert Walls

Look, players move around. Sometimes to go home. We've benefited from it (Docherty) and we've been hurt by it (Jacobs). It's utterly pointless to rehash it constantly.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:46 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bluechampion wrote:
Look, players move around. Sometimes to go home. We've benefited from it (Docherty) and we've been hurt by it (Jacobs). It's utterly pointless to rehash it constantly.

this

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next