Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:29 pm 
Robert Walls

It will be interesting to see if the resting ruckman means that McKay is given license to roam.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You know you're shit when they are resting blokes against you in round 7. If this was a late season game against a fellow top 8 side Sloane, Walker and Knight would all be locks. The Sportsbet 24 points up and we pay out is reasonable this week - $11 we're paying at the moment. A fast first quarter until they peg it back would be not out of the realm of possibility.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:
You know you're shit when they are resting blokes against you in round 7. If this was a late season game against a fellow top 8 side Sloane, Walker and Knight would all be locks. The Sportsbet 24 points up and we pay out is reasonable this week - $11 we're paying at the moment. A fast first quarter until they peg it back would be not out of the realm of possibility.

Does Walker not have a hamstring?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

So we have a resting ruckman, Casboult, McKay all up forward. Still a very tall backline. No lessons are learnt. We're as slow as fk again. What's Phillips going to do when he's sitting around in the forward line, or Kreuzer to a lesser extent. Adelaide will just waltz out of defence with run from the half back line, then contend with our tall, slow defence. Could we go any taller? Then we pick Graham, who's slow. Match Committee have no fkn idea. We'll be as fast as a Mac Truck going up a steep hill.

Last edited by jim on Thu May 03, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Fogarty to have a blinder for Moran honours this week while LOB has a shocker.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:39 pm 
Bob Chitty

Don't think we had a lot of options really.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

Heavs wrote:

aren't sloane and walker injured? and who is knight - hardly a household name.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

jim wrote:
So we have a resting ruckman, Casboult, McKay all up forward. Still a very tall backline. No lessons are learnt. We're as slow as fk again. What's Phillips going to do when he's sitting around in the forward line, or Kreuzer to a lesser extent. Adelaide will just waltz out of defence with run from the half back line, then contend with our tall, slow defence. Could we go any taller? Then we pick Graham, who's slow. Match Committee have no fkn idea. We'll be as fast as a Mac Truck going up a steep hill.

there wasn't really anyone else to bring in...lang still not match fit & lebois didn't do enough in the seconds last week
macreadie for o'shea was probably the only other option and that's not going to make you faster.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:46 pm 
Robert Walls

Interesting note: Weitering is playing for the Bullants this week.

Last edited by bluechampion on Sat May 05, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

doofdoof wrote:
jim wrote:

there wasn't really anyone else to bring in...lang still not match fit & lebois didn't do enough in the seconds last week
macreadie for o'shea was probably the only other option and that's not going to make you faster.

I'd prefer that to being overloaded with talls. Modern footy requires you to run and apply pressure. We have zero hope. At least they would have a run before we play Essendon* next week. I'd even put Lamb at half back rather than a tall. That's where most of your run starts from.

Two ruckmen? That's rarely worked.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Him and Sloane are both not 100% but would have played in a game that 'mattered'

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:01 pm 
Bob Chitty

Heavs wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Him and Sloane are both not 100% but would have played in a game that 'mattered'

Sloane has been missing since round 5. Missed the game against those rubbish Swans but would have played if it "mattered". Hahah :donk:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:02 pm 
formerly King Kenny

bluechampion wrote:
Interesting note: Wietering is playing for the Bullants this week.

Weds some confidence. Will get plenty of opportunity too.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Crippa wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Sloane has been missing since round 5. Missed the game against those rubbish Swans but would have played if it "mattered". Hahah :donk:

And most reports said he would be back this week.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:14 pm 
Robert Walls

verbs wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
You can blame Ratts, the club, anyone else if it makes you feel better but Jacobs hated Melbourne. I played golf with him at a Spirit of Carlton golf day and he said he loved the club and the players but hated living in Melbourne.
He said he had a close family and it was his intention to return to Adelaide if the opportunity arose.

We just gift wrapped that opportunity by courting Warnock and basically saying he wasn't part of our plans
Loving the club and the players is just as good a reason to stay as is hating Melbourne a reason to go
Everybody thought Pavlich would end up back in Adel but Freo is now his home
We'll never know with Sauce

Warnock joined Carlton at the end of 2008. Jacobs played his first game in 2009 and left Carlton at the end on 2010, 24 months after Warnock arrived at Carlton.

Yep, was seen as the expendable ruckman rather than the emerging one to build a team around
Warnock was CFU

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heavs wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Heavs wrote:

And most reports said he would be back this week.

Walker sat out nearly half a game last week due to hamstring tightness. I would have been very surprised if they played him this week, regardless of who they were up against.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

Kreuzer, Phillips, Casboult, and McKay in the same team. Yeah might not tune in for this one.

Meanwhile, Dylan Buckley gets a game for 3rd placed GWS. We sure could do with some of his run and carry this weekend!!

But I guess someone had to make way to bring in O’Shea, Mullet, and Shaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

I have to say i laughed a little when i saw Phillips and Kreuzer both in.
I was just picturing Jims reaction :lol:
sorry jim

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
In: Kreuzer, Garlett, Graham

Out: C. Curnow (ankle), Marchbank (ankle), J. Silvagni (omitted)

That's as disappointing as it gets.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The Normal One wrote:
bluechampion wrote:
Interesting note: Wietering is playing for the Bullants this week.

Weds some confidence. Will get plenty of opportunity too.

Playing Frankston too.... should get a kick

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next