Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:25 pm 
Robert Walls

bluedog wrote:
Hornet wrote:
If there was ever any doubt Cripps should be captain...

Docherty?

Or no, because of where he plays?

I would be happy with either TBH. Both lead by example.

Cripps has really stepped up his on field leadership this year though which is lifting his status with every game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

Jonosc wrote:
As much as everyone will say how an improved effort it was (and it was), you ain’t gonna win many games kicking 69 points. We reverted to 2017 mode, which is fine. Don’t let the kids get smashed every week.

We kind of did, but did attempt to take the game on more when the opportunity arose.

I’d take that style as opposed to whatever it was we fished up last few weeks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 pm 
Ken Hands

grrofunger wrote:
Phillips was better than Kreuzer

Excellent game from Phillips.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

grrofunger wrote:
Phillips will never be better than Krueuer. Just in while Kreuzer is injured. Liked his 6 tackles though so he did dig in.

Last edited by jim on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 pm 
Robert Walls

jim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Better effort cant ask for more than that
Not before time
Mckay stays
Is Fisher eligible for NRS
Casboult is a lazy footballer
Phillips stays in
We are killing Cripps
Late time goals killed us

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Not sure Phillips stays in. Just the 6 touches, need more than that, although he was competitive in the ruck itself and did lay 6 tackles. No room for two ruckmen.

Phillips earned his spot and was great today.

Couldn't give a shit how many possessions he had, his ability to make every bounce and throw in a contest meant that we were able to stay in the match. His tackling was sensational. Had he kicked those 2 shots at goal he would have made the best players.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluedog wrote:
Hornet wrote:
If there was ever any doubt Cripps should be captain...

Docherty?

Or no, because of where he plays?

I don't mind Doc but I love the passion and aggression from Cripps... being a mid is also a +

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

jim wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Phillips will never be better than Krueuer. Just in while Kreuzer is injured. Liked his 6 tackles though so he did dig in.

Horses for courses, That was better against Naitanui than i remember Kruezer ever doing.

I do have a shit memory though.

I would rest Kreuzer against the big leaping rucks and play Phillips in those games.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Fisher is the real support for Cripps and complements him perfectly. 15 contested possessions from him, don't need a huge body to be a good inside player.
SPS not his best game but he'll get better and better as the team around him does.
McKay should not be dropped anymore unless he really needs a spell, Essendon* put up with 40-50 shit games from Daniher, invest in the youth. This is what we need to learn.
You don't recruit kids and then play spuds like O'Shea Mullet Lamb in front of them.
Give Plowman a rocket and tell him to pull his finger out. Play SOS at half back, there really is no excuse for playing Mullet and O'Shea don't fu#### care how many injuries we have.
Really good signs from Dow and O'Brien.
Credit where credit is due, Thomas played a good game...given that he's been a liability mostly for 4 years he'd fu### want to as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Mil Hanna wrote:
jim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Not before time
Mckay stays
Phillips stays in
We are killing Cripps

Not sure Phillips stays in. Just the 6 touches, need more than that, although he was competitive in the ruck itself and did lay 6 tackles. No room for two ruckmen.

Couldn't give a shit how many possessions he had, his ability to make every bounce and throw in a contest meant that we were able to stay in the match. His tackling was sensational. Had he kicked those 2 shots at goal he would have made the best players.

I'd prefer someone to play well around the ground alot more than at the ruck contest. That is way more important. We all know that. Needs more than 6 touches and two marks. Krezuer gets triple that. He's not playing when Kreuzer's fit.

Not going to knock his effort though, tackling was terrific.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
jim wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Horses for courses, That was better against Naitanui than i remember Kruezer ever doing.

I would rest Kreuzer against the big leaping rucks and play Phillips in those games.
Tonight was the beginning of the end of Casboult.
As soon as Kruez is fit it will be Phillips and Kruez
Harry showed Levi what kicking straight means
Levi is now history

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Disappointed with the loss (and that it wouldn’t have been so if not for junk time goals and costly errors at the worst times) but damn proud.

Tonight was the beginning of a new era
- No Murphy or Kreuz
- No #1 picks full-stop
- A KPF who looks the part
- The emergence of a new potential captain
- A bunch of kids who clearly had had enough of being bullied and let down by their senior counterparts

Maybe I’m overstating it, but I sensed resolve out there I haven’t sensed in a while.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:36 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

smithy wrote:
Fisher is the real support for Cripps and complements him perfectly. 15 contested possessions from him, don't need a huge body to be a good inside player.
SPS not his best game but he'll get better and better as the team around him does.
McKay should not be dropped anymore unless he really needs a spell, Essendon** put up with 40-50 shit games from Daniher, invest in the youth. This is what we need to learn.
You don't recruit kids and then play spuds like O'Shea Mullet Lamb in front of them.
Give Plowman a rocket and tell him to pull his finger out. Play SOS at half back, there really is no excuse for playing Mullet and O'Shea don't fu#### care how many injuries we have.
Really good signs from Dow and O'Brien.
Credit where credit is due, Thomas played a good game...given that he's been a liability mostly for 4 years he'd fu### want to as well.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

grrofunger wrote:
jim wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Phillips and Kreuzer together was an abject failure in 2016. That memory..lol. Never want to see that again. Like I said, more important to get value around the ground. You can lose the tapouts and win clearances. Gawn won the tapouts by 30 last weeks but Melbourne lost the clearances by 20.

Nice to have a back up like Phillips around though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:40 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
jim wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Tonight was the beginning of the end of Casboult.
As soon as Kruez is fit it will be Phillips and Kruez
Harry showed Levi what kicking straight means
Levi is now history

Levi will continue to be an automatic selection until he's 45 years old.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Last time we were 0-5 was 1989 and Walls got the sack.....

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Plusses:
Intensity was up.
Phillips
McKay
Cripps
Fisher
Dow
O'Brien
They didn't kick straight or we would have lost by 60plus.

Cons:
People thinking that because the Eagles kicked like donkeys we were even close.
SPS had another stinker.
Simmo is a warrior but his turnovers are hurting us every week.
Plowman made some pretty basic errors in parts of the ground that kill you.
Our foot passing between 15-30 metres is appalling and has been for a long time. The players forward of the ball set up for the pass only to find themselves on the wrong side of a team streaming towards goals.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jim wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
jim wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Phillips and Kreuzer together was an abject failure in 2016. That memory..lol. Never want to see that again. Like I said, more important to get value around the ground. You can lose the tapouts and win clearances. Gawn won the tapouts by 30 last weeks but Melbourne lost the clearances by 20.

Nice to have a back up like Phillips around though.

Kreuzer is not a tap ruck's bootlace.
Phillips can do that and have Kreuzer as second ruck/forward/midfielder (in the ruck/rover style). 2016 was a long time ago in the rebuild.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mil Hanna wrote:
jim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Not before time
Mckay stays
Phillips stays in
We are killing Cripps

Super effort considering he has missed a lot of footy.
Same from Rowe - which the commentators failed to acknowledge. Has only had a few VFL games and, ok made a few mistakes, but stepped straight up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

A 10 point loss and no injuries. I think I would have taken that going in.....

We were harder to play against tonight. With the team we fielded, that’s significant.

As tough as it is at the moment, I am able to differentiate our current situation from Carlton sides of 2002-2015. Fisher, Charlie, Dow, LOB, SPS, Harry. I can’t remember us ever having such a good collection of under 21s. It’s worth going to the footy just to watch them. Backing it up week after week is too much to ask of them at this point, and it will keep being a roller coaster ride for the rest of the season, but nobody at the G tonight could say those guys don’t have bright futures.

Cripps, take a bow. Please stick with us!

I can’t remember Phillips, Kerridge or Thomas playing better games for Carlton.

Garlett needs to watch he doesn’t get a reputation as a squib.

It’s hard to understand why we didn’t play Cunningham or Macreadie instead of O’Shea. Would it have changed the result? No. Would we have lost by more? Unlikely. I wonder if those 2 are in the dog house for some reason?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:
We carried more crap than a night mans cap in that team and only lost by 10 points - I’m surprised to be sitting here quite frankly.

Is that a hint of positivity?!
I’m surprised to be sitting here ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next