Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:26 am 
Craig Bradley

Blue Sombrero wrote:
jim wrote:
Taff wrote:
jim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Better effort cant ask for more than that
Not before time
Mckay stays
Is Fisher eligible for NRS
Casboult is a lazy footballer
Phillips stays in
We are killing Cripps
Late time goals killed us

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Not sure Phillips stays in. Just the 6 touches, need more than that, although he was competitive in the ruck itself and did lay 6 tackles. No room for two ruckmen.

Really? I thought he was very good. Great competitor, got around the ground, a couple of good marks worked hard at the throw ins.

Despite a good game, very competitive, still only got 6 touches, Kreuzer triples that. We can't play them both. Not possible with McKay and Casboult too. If Kreuzer plays Phillips spends alot of time up forward, which isn't a great thing, especially with McKay and Casboult there too. Remember what a disaster it was in 2016 with we played both Kreuzer and Phillips? Both struggled big time. Kreuzer lone ruck, different player.

Phillips certainly a decent back-up but hard to play him when Kreuzer's fit.

That's the second time you have posted that. if you think the team or the structure is the same as it was in 2016, that either Phillips or Kreuzer is the same player he was in 2016 then you have your head in the sand. Back then Kreuzer was first ruck and Phillips the back up. This time they would o it in reverse to let Kreuzer look after the forward structure and relieve Phillips in the ruck.
Casboult isn't the future. he's the present for the present. Neither is Kreuzer, by the way. He is on his last frail legs. Yes he's a warrior but that doesn't make him jump any higher or tap any straighter.

You know as well as I do Phillips and Kreuzer we terrible together. What is going to change there? They haven't become 40 goal forwards overnight. If you play 2 rucks they need to play well forward as they will both spend 50% of their time there together. Neither can play forward, both are terrible forwards, we've seen that time and time again yet you want to go back there. So there's no difference to 2016. There's a reason few clubs play 2 rucks these days. There's also a reason we went to Kreuzer as lone ruck with relief from Casboult in 2017. It worked way better and Kreuzer was an absolute star after being a "spud" the year before. Casboult hits the scoreboard, the rucks won't. Casboult is important right now as he is needed to take the pressure off McKay or would you like to see McKay get all the main defenders? And we know Kreuzer struggles when he shares but as a lone ruck he is outstanding yet you want to go back to something that failed. Levi won't be losing his spot in a hurry, McKay's a keeper so when Kreuzer returns we won't be playing all 4. That would be stupid.

Phillips is 27 soon, he not the future either. He got 6 touches, Casboult 10. Casboult took 6 marks, Phillips 2. Levi kicked 2 goals, not tp mention 34 goals goals last year as a forward/ruck. Kreuzer and Phillips wouldn't get near that put together. Much more important to get value around the ground, hit the scoreboard than to win a few extra tap outs, which only 20% might go to advantage. Gawn won the tapouts by 30 last week but Melbourne lost the clearances by 20. Phillips will play when Kreuzer doesn't.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Supporters i'm sure have memories that barely last past 3 weeks. You have to be smarter than that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Bluesman44 wrote:
bosman wrote:
Last time we were 0-5 was 1989 and Walls got the sack.....

While I don't think that giving Bolton the sack will be the answer, I really hated his midweek presser. Making jokes about how bad we have been and laughing off the many problems there by giving cliche answers, was to me frankly disrespectful. The coach should be at the forefront showing that poor performances won't be tolerated and that they won't hide behind excuses. You can bet your bottom dollar that neither Parkin or Barrassi would have made light of such a pathetic start to a season. But then again there are a lot of things that they wouldn't have done that coaches today are doing.

Parkin and Barrass1 had some of the best teams money could buy.

And now he's out of the caper I think you'll find that Parkin has been saying pretty much the same thing as Bolts, Judd etc.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:39 am 
Rod Ashman

jim wrote:
Taff wrote:
jim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Better effort cant ask for more than that
Not before time
Mckay stays
Is Fisher eligible for NRS
Casboult is a lazy footballer
Phillips stays in
We are killing Cripps
Late time goals killed us

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Not sure Phillips stays in. Just the 6 touches, need more than that, although he was competitive in the ruck itself and did lay 6 tackles. No room for two ruckmen.

Really? I thought he was very good. Great competitor, got around the ground, a couple of good marks worked hard at the throw ins.

Despite a good game, very competitive, still only got 6 touches, Kreuzer triples that. We can't play them both. Not possible with McKay and Casboult too. If Kreuzer plays Phillips spends alot of time up forward, which isn't a great thing, especially with McKay and Casboult there too. Remember what a disaster it was in 2016 with we played both Kreuzer and Phillips? Both struggled big time. Kreuzer lone ruck, different player.

Kreuzer is good when fully fit but should not be considered a automatic selection.
Philips had a good first up game and if he does improve he will make it hard for Kreuzer to take his spot.
We need competition for spots if we are going to improve, and that is every spot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 am 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
jim wrote:
Taff wrote:
jim wrote:

That's the second time you have posted that.

You missed the other 2045? :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:53 am 
Bob Chitty

What Bolts says to the media and how he comes across would be different to what happens behind closed doors.

I like the way he handles the media.

He has his clichés, so what.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:53 am 
Bruce Doull

dannyboy wrote:
I have been thinking about captaincy a bit...

Nah we'll be right thanks mate. Prefer Cripps or Docherty for mine

Even O'Shea actually

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:57 am 
Bruce Doull

Bluesman44 wrote:
While I don't think that giving Bolton the sack will be the answer, I really hated his midweek presser. Making jokes about how bad we have been and laughing off the many problems there by giving cliche answers, was to me frankly disrespectful. The coach should be at the forefront showing that poor performances won't be tolerated and that they won't hide behind excuses. You can bet your bottom dollar that neither Parkin or Barrassi would have made light of such a pathetic start to a season. But then again there are a lot of things that they wouldn't have done that coaches today are doing.

David Parkin said before the 1993 QF against Essendon* that he just hoped we didn't go out there & make fools of ourselves. Then in about 98 he described our backline as a B Grade defence

I think Bolton was just playing the media game as did Parko on many occasions.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Bluesman44 wrote:

David Parkin said before the 1993 QF against Essendon** that he just hoped we didn't go out there & make fools of ourselves. Then in about 98 he described our backline as a B Grade defence

I think Bolton was just playing the media game as did Parko on many occasions.

In 1993, they made fools of themselves a few weeks later :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

GWS wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
The Blueseum wrote:
Note the experience thrown in to the backline and the young mid / fwd...

Defence largely: Simmo, Jones, Rowe, Mullett, Thomas (large stretches), Plowman...

Yes, we got the balance right. Of experience and youth. Of equal importance we got the right spirit. All of those players had a hunger to win the ball. I honestly do not want Murph back until he is able to perform at or near his best both mentally and physically. I'm starting to see how much an inspired Captain can lift a team. I swear there was a moment when Cripps bursting out of the centre morphed into Judd.
When I see that plus Charlie plus Mc.Kay..then Dow and Fisher ...I can't help but renew my patience.
The other one who needs to renew mentally is Weitering. As a club we should be able to bring out the absolute best in all types of players. Especially our introverts. If they aren't improving we should look at the support staff in both psychologists and also the teaching style of our line coaches. It may be that the coaches need training in how to relate to different personality types.

This is why Murphy being captain does my head in so much.

People need leaders. They look to them for inspiration. Having a weak one isn’t just a case of missing out on having a strong one, you’re actually creating a negative effect where the players look to their captain and get nothing back. That’s completely dispiriting!

Making an introvert captain is one of the dumbest things this club has ever done. I can’t think of a single instance where it’s worked.

Cripps would be fine but I still want Doc. The club needs an injection of intelligence and he’s comfortably the smartest bloke on the list.

it wasn't the club. I was the control freak Malthouse so he could manipulate and control all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

Were you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:13 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

redback wrote:
GWS wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
The Blueseum wrote:
Note the experience thrown in to the backline and the young mid / fwd...

Defence largely: Simmo, Jones, Rowe, Mullett, Thomas (large stretches), Plowman...

Yes, we got the balance right. Of experience and youth. Of equal importance we got the right spirit. All of those players had a hunger to win the ball. I honestly do not want Murph back until he is able to perform at or near his best both mentally and physically. I'm starting to see how much an inspired Captain can lift a team. I swear there was a moment when Cripps bursting out of the centre morphed into Judd.
When I see that plus Charlie plus Mc.Kay..then Dow and Fisher ...I can't help but renew my patience.
The other one who needs to renew mentally is Weitering. As a club we should be able to bring out the absolute best in all types of players. Especially our introverts. If they aren't improving we should look at the support staff in both psychologists and also the teaching style of our line coaches. It may be that the coaches need training in how to relate to different personality types.

This is why Murphy being captain does my head in so much.

People need leaders. They look to them for inspiration. Having a weak one isn’t just a case of missing out on having a strong one, you’re actually creating a negative effect where the players look to their captain and get nothing back. That’s completely dispiriting!

Making an introvert captain is one of the dumbest things this club has ever done. I can’t think of a single instance where it’s worked.

Cripps would be fine but I still want Doc. The club needs an injection of intelligence and he’s comfortably the smartest bloke on the list.

it wasn't the club. I was the control freak Malthouse so he could manipulate and control all.
Ah. I knew that Mick was on TC secretly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Me too, but I always thought he was Carlton God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

CK95 wrote:
Were you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but does O'Shea remind anyone a bit of Simon White?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

White is a far better kick than O’Shea, but that’s not a huge compliment

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Positive thing about having so many injuries now is that we get to see guys like O'Shea for a block of games, just to be sure they're crap. Makes it easier to shape the list going forward :thumbsup:

Garlett was pretty average with ball in hand yesterday. Just seemed to lack confidence and chose wrong options, other than dropping THAT chest mark. Should give LeBois a go for a couple of weeks.....he looks like the forward we need to add chasing and tackling pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

Let's hear it for LeBois
Let's give LeBois a hand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
Let's hear it for LeBois
Let's give LeBois a hand

:clap: :donk:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Bluesman44 wrote:
bosman wrote:
Last time we were 0-5 was 1989 and Walls got the sack.....

it's as if you don't realise we have a young and inexperienced team and on top of that a huge list turnover which means the team is not properly in sync yet.
patience Grasshopper. patience. (and that includes waiting for some better players to return from injury) but even then, it won't stop young 'uns from running out of puff before the end of the game, and the 6th sense that only develops from playing lots of games together.
Like how we know certain posters will react to certain posts...(kinda like how i just did :lol: :fight: )
I think Bolts is doing well under the circumstances. He is also on a steep learning curve.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dow,Fish,and LOB copped massive hits.Shook 'emselves up and got on with the game..........Thats real old style Carlton.Courage under fire.If that didn't swell your chest with pride nothin' will.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:50 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Mickstar wrote:
Dow,Fish,and LOB copped massive hits.Shook 'emselves up and got on with the game..........Thats real old style Carlton.Courage under fire.If that didn't swell your chest with pride nothin' will.

Loved it when Foxfooty hi-lighted the Captain getting smashed in the face and busted open but burst out of the stoppage with the ball hardly phased. Inspiring stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next