Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 pm 
Bob Chitty

Would hope there are other reasons why Cunners was dropped.
Thought his on field performance in last 3 weeks was worthy of him holding his spot.
I know we have a long injury list but some really odd selection decisions of late.
I assume MC know what they are doing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mots87 wrote:
Would hope there are other reasons why Cunners was dropped.
Thought his on field performance in last 3 weeks was worthy of him holding his spot.
I know we have a long injury list but some really odd selection decisions of late.
I assume MC know what they are doing.

Seems a bit random to be honest.

Why are we so tall every week?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:50 pm 
Bob Chitty

I can't answer that Adam.
It looks one hell of a top heavy backline.
I know that they have selected a tall forward though.
On paper we look so slow in leg speed across the board.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:51 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sorry, I meant to say tall forward line.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:11 pm 
Horrie Clover

Cunningham had 3 kicks last week, for a 3rd year midfielder surely he needs to do a bit better than that.
Every week we have had too many non contributors so I'm glad Kerridge is in as he will get more of the ball than Cunningham that's for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Stefchook wrote:
Not surprised by the senior bodies coming in. Very, very surprised to see Cuningham out. Thought he was the best thing about last week.
Yep....... Spot on here

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Cunningham?
For mine one of the few bright spots in a pretty dark start to the season.

Is this panic stations from BB bringing back Rowe and Silvagni and a return to last year's game plan?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Cunningham?
For mine one of the few bright spots in a pretty dark start to the season.

Is this panic stations from BB bringing back Rowe and Silvagni and a return to last year's game plan?

Or maybe they were part of a defensive system working b4 injury. Now despite being underdone its a chance to see how the new more attacking model works given out outs.

Seems to me he is dammed no matter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:53 am 
Harry Vallence

It's interesting that the press has made so much of teams like Essendon* (Gleeson and one other - two players!), Geelong and Collingwood struggling with injury, but not us.

By my count, we have 11 of our best 22 not playing - Murphy, Kennedy, Kreuzer, Docherty, Lang, Marchbank, Weitering, Williamson, Pickett, Byrne and Silvagni (I reckon he was our best defender last year, when fit). For any team that is horrific but for a team with the most shallow list in the league, that is disastrous.

They way we are picked, we are too tall. I suspect there will be a last minute withdrawal (maybe for LeBois) as well.

This will likely be a smashing of epic proportions...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:07 am 
Bob Chitty

Happy with all the changes except Cunners of course like everybody else. Fingers crossed for enlightenment at Bolts presser.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:22 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

it will be a moral victory if we get within 100 points with that team.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:05 am 
Ken Hunter

fmurphy30 wrote:
It's interesting that the press has made so much of teams like Essendon** (Gleeson and one other - two players!), Geelong and Collingwood struggling with injury, but not us.

By my count, we have 11 of our best 22 not playing - Murphy, Kennedy, Kreuzer, Docherty, Lang, Marchbank, Weitering, Williamson, Pickett, Byrne and Silvagni (I reckon he was our best defender last year, when fit). For any team that is horrific but for a team with the most shallow list in the league, that is disastrous.

I've noticed this too. Saw something about "Geelong injury woes" last night basically all about Dangerfield.

Why do we have so many injuries so early? Is it bad luck or bad management?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Fingers crossed for big Sam as well. Hopefully he sorts that defence out and kicks a few asses.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:35 am 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Best of luck to Sam! Welcome back. Be strong and lead. Hurt them if you can

Ps please help Liam

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:24 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

:lol:

Agree.. And good luck to Sam from me. Looked good for the NBs. Hope the knee is ready....

Go you good things

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:31 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Is this the first time we've had no Number 1 draft picks playing at all??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:55 am 
Garry Crane

Not asking for line in the sand type stuff but Bolton learnt from the best about playing unsociable football, he was there when they won flags with it... Where is that in his playbook?

If you cant beat em on style, give it to em in attitude and come out punchin (not literally perhaps)

Maybe Rowe, Kerridge and Lamb coming in might signal a change in how they approach this one?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 am 
formerly King Kenny

Blue Tongue wrote:
Cunningham had 3 kicks last week, for a 3rd year midfielder surely he needs to do a bit better than that.
Every week we have had too many non contributors so I'm glad Kerridge is in as he will get more of the ball than Cunningham that's for sure.

Will Kerridge be playing down back?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Monday wrote:
Not asking for line in the sand type stuff but Bolton learnt from the best about playing unsociable football, he was there when they won flags with it... Where is that in his playbook?

If you cant beat em on style, give it to em in attitude and come out punchin (not literally perhaps)

Maybe Rowe, Kerridge and Lamb coming in might signal a change in how they approach this one?

that WAS there last year - remember when we targeted Sicily, Maynard and Mills - and we won those games? Well, where has that gone??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:02 am 
Rod Ashman

Quick comparison b/w Kennedy & McKay at similar stage - ie. After first 2 years, when we traded Kennedy to WCE... and noting that McKay was pretty much injured for most of his first year:

Kennedy v McKay...

Games 22 v 2
Goals 11 v 3 (Avg 0.5 v 1.5 per game)
Kicks 4.2 v 5.5 per game
HB 2.5 v 2.0 per game
Marks 3.7 v 3.5 per game

Whilst Harry’s is a v narrow sample of just 2 games, he is tracking competitively against Kennedy who had more experience after 2yrs and is now seen as one of the top forwards of the competition.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next